Forum battletage bullying

T hey have lied about other things in regards to btags so why not one more thing

Ok by for now all have to adult for the 2nd time today

1 Like

I just had a friend test it. He can’t see it either. The only person who can see a btag is the person who was sent the request, not the sender.

Except you’re jumping to that conclusion.

That simply may not be the case every time. Some people create alts so they don’t have to constantly be playing with their guilds.

You’d be ruining that level of privacy. People would have to make a separate account just to duck ladder climbing suck up guild members.

Found the aristocrat. Where did you get this view of the world, pre-revolutionary France?

Or… since they aren’t wanting to appear as Online… switch it to Offline.

I mean… ooop! Come on now… even my caveman brain figured out a simple fix.

to quote a know streamer appearing offline don’t work mods in my chat ban them lol

Oooo… can we play Keyword Bingo?

Because I just spotted sumpin. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Nah, that’s buzzword bingo

1 Like

might be too early to get drunk >.>

2 Likes

why is it that they say the pro btag members would harasses players?
that is what i find funny
also the bad actors could see where your toons at by looking at the players pic

Let’s eexxpplooorreeee options for battletags!
How about we connect with Blizzard about btags?
This is my journey with btags!

etc etc

lol

I had a particularly psychotic individual from the PvP forums find me in game, and proceed to tell me to hurt myself IRL across 10-20 toons that he would delete/recreate and send me mails. I reported every mail, reported every tell, and opened a manual ticket… They 100% ignored it and did nothing. He never even got a behavior warning.

He chased me thread to thread going absolutely berserk every time I posted anything - regardless of what it was.

My major sin? I thought Double Tap being removed was good for the game’s over-all health. That’s all. That was my major “mistake”. I supported Blizzard’s decision to remove DT.

It caused me to lock down all of my RaiderIO, CheckPVP, and forum account. I had to rename my two alts that he knew the name of costing me IRL money - and names that I had used for a decade.

There is absolutely nothing I want less than that psychopath having access to my battletag. I would full-send quit.

1 Like

Guess what w/ btags you can ignore him and he can never follow you from thread to thread.

5 Likes

Things didn’t happen for $1000 Alex.

3 Likes

Things that happened with screenshots of blacked out names posted in arena forums for $1,000 - Alex. I posted an entire imgur of it.

Shoo, fly. Shoo.

1 Like

If it meets the conditions of Ongoing Harassment they take that seriously. You have to report it correctly though. Ignore puts the account on Ignore, including every char on it - you have to do it on each of your chars though.

If someone were doing that then that is terrible. It is one of the reasons that Char-server the way we have it now is less secure. People can add your char, mail you, track you, see name changes, etc without your permission. On the forums you have to ignore them on each character.

Battletag on the forum means they can’t do that. They can’t talk to you at all outside the forums without your express permission. A friend request can be dealt with as a single click decline and block all at once. They can’t see your chars if you don’t post with them. They can’t contact you. You can Ignore the whole account on the forums, not char by char.

Also, keep in mind that just replying to you is not considered harassment on the forums. Even if you have them on Ignore. They don’t get penalized unless they are actually breaking the rules.

Edit - here is the info thread on Harassment and Ongoing Harassment. If it ever happens again someone will be happy to walk you through what you can do and how to get assistance.

6 Likes

…what

Try adding me. And take a screen shot.

Akston 1343.

This is more you not understanding how btags work.

Imgur

Obviously I painted over the name of the random person standing next to me that I targeted to protect the innocent.
It gave me their btag

Now for 1gold… where I am?

7 Likes

… or, ya know, people can just send their harassers to me.

I’ll play nice with them. Promise. :smiling_imp: :rofl:

6 Likes

good cop bad cop lol
i want to play lol

2 Likes