Forum battletage bullying

I am not a fan of the battle tags in the forums because when people disagree or don’t like what it is that you are saying they often resort to achievement shaming or character level shaming plus calling you names and mass reporting I don’t think this is a good idea and I do think that it would be bad for the health of the community in the long run imagine a new player coming here with an opinion and people just shaming them for not being AoTC or you haven’t done this or you haven’t done that it’s a bad idea

35 Likes

i mean people just do this with charname-server anyway.

all ur achievements are able to be seen on any charcter

also idk how this has anything to do with btags this seems more like a charname-server problem

36 Likes

Exactly and people already can’t treat others with respect this will just make it worse

11 Likes

how does that have anything to do with btags

26 Likes

Btag on forums only helps, as it ends sockpuppeting and cowards.
Personal attacks will forever remain.

54 Likes

Maybe some people want some anonymousity and be able to talk about things in peace without being harassed

10 Likes

People do that now anyways. Battle tag is nothing more than your legit name. I get it you don’t want people to make fun of you but it’s really not that big of a deal.

It would sure cleanup these forums of all the trolls.

6 Likes

that ain’t how btags work bud

ur gonna accept these people’s friend requests?

I think you’re confused about how btags work

9 Likes

Disagree if you point of view can’t stand on its own two legs maybe it’s not strong

1 Like

If you want to be incognito, 4chan/reddit is that way >>>>

20 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with how hints things are here already

2 Likes

You can do this even without BTags , but all the actions what you dislike is anyways against the C&C so it is covered up .

So there is no reason to have it then

lmfao yeah, “nothing wrong” with the hatred fueled posts by level 10 characters.

or classic alts.

17 Likes

How would it stop

If you want to ignore an account then its the next best thing to account ignore

10 Likes

In your opinion.
In my opinion, having no “alts” is a great win on any internet forum.

As a good compromise, a unique ForumID could be created if the btag is your sole concern.

8 Likes

Or you can just ignore stuff you don’t want to read it isn’t hard

6 Likes

At least I can just ignore an account. People would be less willing to post complete garbage on their main acct. It obviously doesn’t stop everyone that would, but hey, if you couldn’t figure this out on your own then me explaining it won’t do much

8 Likes

Do you know how battletags work?

4 Likes