Forsaken & Kaldorei Heritage announced

Her statue still stands in Stormwind.

1 Like

Statue? You mean Alleria’s?

4 Likes

Regardless of what she became she created a bastion for them
Withought her groups like the scarlets and maybe even the alliance would have wiped them out

2 Likes

Looks like body & face tattoos are coming for the NEs as well. Kinda ‘meh’ so far IMO, as most of these will be covered by armor. Waiting for upright Forsaken… :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Personally I want them to keep her legacy around. She did a lot to help the forsaken cement lordaeron as theirs and help them build a new legacy/culture

I wasn’t suggesting they not honor her or anything. It was just a honest lore based question

Many of my threads aged like fine wine.

Posted a few years ago:

I think the Icon of Torment should be replaced with a symbol that highlights three of the Forsaken’s major themes, 1. Being an undead citizen of the former Kingdom of Lordaeron 2. Being undead, and 3. The Forsaken Blight. I’m envisioning a zombified Lordaeron symbol made of bone, muscle and sinew with blight dripping from it. If I could draw I would totally post a sample hint hint : )

4 Likes

Ah, but “new” Forsaken are not allowed to like the blight, that’s a taboo subject now. Only scapegoat Sylvanas used the blight and she’s not Forsaken anymore.

“New” Forsaken are pacifists and we must bend the knee to our new Lightforged overlord.

/s

2 Likes

If that ever happens then Blizzard will lose the Forsaken community and no one will ever play them.

2 Likes

I feel like this Forsaken Heritage questline will be the make it of break it on if they win back the Forsaken community because it’s literally dead ((no pun intended) no one talks about the Forsaken anymore. No one (generalizing) cares about who the Forsaken are without Sylvanas.

The question now is if they are going to continue to ignore the damage they did or try and repair it. I’m not holding my breath though, they are making terrible narrative decisions in Dragonflight, nothing has appeared to change about their writing they are chugging ahead with their kumbaya everyone gets along somehow narrative.

3 Likes

Pretending Forsaken like the Desolate Council don’t exist is part of the problem. I think they should totally have their time in the sun, but at the end of the day the hardcore Forsaken should be the dominate group.

There were always Forsaken that leaned toward the softer side of the curse of undeath, but everyone lumped with the hardcore.

The Forsaken should be 90% Lydons and 10% Putresses, and 10% Desolate.

I think the Forsaken have been leaning too much in that direction since The Gathering. it’s almost like they forgot the constant existential threat the Forsaken are constantly facing, against the Scarlets, against the Worgen. If they throw out out thes seeds planted in the Scarlet Brotherhood pamplets i will riot.

I hate that they completely forgot the Worgen are still a threat. Pacifist Genn Greymane? in my warcraft? since when?

1 Like

Tell me about it!

Don’t get me started on the plight of the Fosaken, there are soooo many cool stories they can tell.

3 Likes

The statue that stands is of Alleria.

Sylvanas wrote the inscription.

I don’t know if she actually went for its dedication, or just faxed it over.

It is a little surprising that someone hasn’t just removed her inscription and replaced it. She is so hated by the Alliance, in particular. Especially the Worgen and Night Elves who live in SW because she kinda made them homeless.

1 Like

Nine unnamed members of the original council are still alive maybe we can hire them to take the government again. They were diehard Sylvanas loyalists and returned to her when she ordered the retreat from the Gathering.

1 Like

She went, there’s an artists depicion of her in Chronicle standing below looking up at the statue, well I assume it’s Sylvanas, who else would it be?

https://imgur.com/a/0jaErS6

You’re right… her signature plaque is on it

1 Like

Yes I know. You really don’t think I didn’t really all those plaques the moment I got my first toon in Stormwind? :wink:

She was still a hero of the Alliance. As far as the Alliance is concern the “her” that wrote it is long dead and gone and whatever calls herself Sylvanas is that did all those henious things is something else. Which isn’t far from the actually truth considering the current canon.

Alleria also has a vision in the thousand-year war story where she sees Sylvanas and Arathor present there in some ceremony, presumely for the inauguration of the statues

3 Likes

It would’ve made sense if just the plaque was vandalized. Like someone scratched over her name or the words.

It is guarded, or rather the bridge to the entire kingdom, is guarded day and night. Not exactly the ideal place to do some light vandalism.