Forsaken & Kaldorei Heritage announced

Forsaken main here - I love the heritage armor. I’ve followed the story of the Forsaken since the Scouring of Lordaeron in W3. The Forsaken deserves to be more than just story props to make Sylvanas look cool.

15 Likes

i don’t disagree but to ignore and write of sylvanas as all negative feels like its just wiping out the forsaken i enjoyed in the frozen throne

Getting rid of Sylvanas entirely and discarding her with a simple generalized “let’s collectively move past her legacy” posture from the Forsaken is unacceptable

3 Likes

Well she did evacuate Undercity instead of just letting them all die.

It isn’t in the canon, but I think moving her power base from Undercity to Org would have been a way to cement her control over the Horde - literally making it her own. If the lore went that way, that she actually cared about controlling the Horde.

I think if Sylvanas does come back, and is on the Players side, Blizzard would have to handle it carefully. What ever the scenario, there definitely should be a choice or another option.

Don’t get me wrong, I am conflicted. The thought of Alliance Paladins and Night Elf crybabies being forced to do chores for Sylvanas in order to progress in the story, and the idea of their tears… it brings me great joy. Let them see what it’s like when Horde Players are made to quest with Jaina or Genn. On the one hand, I want Alliance fans to know that humiliation…. But on the other, I know they should be spared it. It probably isn’t rewarding gameplay for people who hate her. There are enough Horde fans who hate her with good reason, as well. She did say the Horde is nothing, after all. Even that Banner Broad looked askance at her.

If she comes back, I think she should be an option. Like the Aldor and Scryers - Sylvanas on one side and maybe Illidan or Khadgar or Tyrande or just another big name leading the other. Give an option for the people who find her too detestable.

Reminds me of Varian when they introduced him as Blue Garrosh in Wrath, only to have his two fused halves won over by Anduin and becoming the Varian we saw from Mists of Pandaria onwards.

1 Like

What Garoosh didn’t have… a moral anchor. Thrall certainly wasn’t it, and both Saurfang and Vol’jinn were too confrontational to do the job.

I don’t think anyone wants sylvanas and her legacy to be forgotten, especially her fans. I just asked why the forsaken themselves would want to honor her still after what happened

1 Like

After what happened, though?

If you’re an average Forsaken civilian, the entire storyline of Shadowlands is basically irrelevant. A war was fought in another dimension between a bunch of weird death-robots. One side won, the other side lost, and it’s totally unclear what relevance either of those sides has to you and your existence.

Hell, the only really substantial event is the destruction of the Helm of Domination, which is surely something that should have happened a long time ago. Good for her.

What else did she do? Fight the Alliance? Good! They tried to assassinate her in Stormheim, at the height of the Legion invasion. Such treachery obviously requires retaliation.

Abandon the Horde? So what? That’s nothing more than an alliance of convenience anyway. She ditched the Orcs to go pursue more important goals elsewhere. Good for her.

You could argue with all of this, of course, but I’m not trying to convince you. I’m just trying to illustrate how a large number of Forsaken citizens could very easily hold the position that Sylvanas did nothing wrong.

3 Likes

I’d guess they’d honour what she did to set up the Forsaken, rather then her entire history. Characters like Ivan the Terrible or Vlad Tepes Draculesti have similar kinds of popular support and rather dark histories.

6 Likes

That’s true. That would be a great route to go actually and I’m all for blizz going that route

I’m not personally saying Sylvanas did anything wrong, and I think that’s where some are getting confused.

Im merely looking at it from a couple different perspectives

I’m not accusing you of holding any particular position. As I said, I’m merely illustrating a viewpoint that a Forsaken citizen - perhaps many of them - could hold, which would justify them continuing to idolize her in their society.

2 Likes

Another one has fallen to the lies of Danuser and sides with the traitor council. Sad.

And actually you probably be right about the average citizen truth be told :blush:

It’s not even without precedent. The entire Kul’Tiras storyline is based on the viewpoint that Daelin Proudmoore was right and Jaina was wrong to stand aside during the fight against him.

Jaina is forgiven for her actions in the end, but her actions are still treated as something requiring forgiveness. They’re never treated as having been right. If Kul’Tiras is allowed to keep their genocidal leader statues then the Forsaken are entitled to one of their own.

3 Likes

That a citizen might still revere Sylvanas does not mean the leadership of the Forsaken do.

4 Likes

This thread goes about the same way I expect the Heritage armor quest for night elves will go. Ignore all the interesting parts of the Kaldorei lore and culture that got thrown into the trash and replaced by a embarrassingly amateur take at the Red Wedding just so a it can live rent free in people’s heads as the defining facet of a WC3 race’s culture.

Pathetic, really. Then again that’s the standard from Blizzard.

8 Likes

I’m hoping the human heritage quest is a continued trend, I thought that questline was great for the human heritage quest. So I’m hoping the Forsaken and Night Elf quests are just as good or better.

Im excited to for them both, and love the Forsaken armor, I’m glad they added the Lordaeron L to show how that is their heritage.

2 Likes

not too jazzed about them being encrypted, makes me think they know people won’t like whats in there

9 Likes

I mean they encrypted the orc heritage armor quests and it was just fantastic. So I think it’s them just wanting to keep everything a surprise.

3 Likes