Feeling hopeless - Unwarranted suspension/ban

There was an instance where there was a glitch in the data that was given to the GMs. They admitted the fault and went through and lessened bans to suspensions and lessened some of the suspension times. So it really wasn’t a false wave in the sense I think you intended it to mean. And see what I did there? I provided the evidence of what I’m saying rather than just blindly saying it. Until you can provide me with proof from an actual Blizzard employee - it’s conjecture or tall tales from the bowels of Reddit. And just to nip this in the bud, what some streamer or Youtube/Twitch video posted? Does not count. They’re not here to provide truth, they’re there for the mouse clicks and views, nothing more.

Source

Source

Source

Source

Y’see, GMs work 24/7. Always have. Sometimes they’ve got EU GMs taking over from NA GMs and vice versa, but they are all Blizzard GMs.

A whole lot of it, with very little to none of it based in facts.

How YOUR company does things is not how Blizzard does things. You are basing your thoughts on things on how your company chooses to do things. Blizzard is a different beast entirely. What folks here on CS say, comes from years of hanging out here and seeing what the staff says and the insight offered to us from those interactions. It’s not just information someone is pulling out of a random orifice (sorry Orlyia), it is verified information from Blizzard employees.

No one is trolling you. Providing accurate information is not trolling you or anyone else. And not a single person has said that Blizzard is infallible. Mistakes do happen. Blizzard themselves has admitted they’re not perfect in that regard. That is why the appeals process exists. They could just suspend and ban people without offering the path to appeal - but they didn’t. Appeals do work, even if it takes longer than anyone would like for things to go through the process. It’s an imperfect system, but it is one that does work when there is a legitimate blip in the process.

I don’t know why people do or say this. THIS forum is a player-to-player help desk. Yeah, we’ve got our SFAs who can pop in when and where they choose, but you’re not gaining any more visibility than all of the other people screeching about mass reporting, false flags, false bans and all of that other mess. There isn’t a single GM on the forum who will see this because the GMs do not monitor or participate on the forums. Period.

No one blindly has anyone’s back. Again, we work with facts we can back up.

But even though misinformation is being addressed by myself and others? I do sincerely hope that things work out for you. I really hope that folks who come here really believing that they’ve been sanctioned erroneously are vindicated and their accounts are restored to them. I genuinely am happy when I see a player come back and let us know that their ban has been lessened to a suspension or a sanction is overturned entirely.

One of the best things about Blizzard is they treat everyone equally. Someone who just started playing last week are treated like the 20+ year veteran. There is no preferred treatment or perks of that nature. Templates are used to keep the information uniform and to make the process faster than typing up individual letters for each and every sanction and appeal that comes through.

Again, I do wish you good luck in your appeals and however this turns out for you? All the best in the days going forward.

12 Likes