Feedback - Stress Test

I made it from Gnome start zone to Dun Morogh proper and even there all the bears and wolves and wendigos were dead and the only mobs I could find to kill were 6 levels above me and resisted everything I cast. Three hours, no issues with lag or DCs, but also couldn’t play at the same time. As someone in general said ‘Open Field Walking Simulator 2019.’

:roll_eyes:

Least one good thing I can say, is that I didn’t have to fight with 200 people to get my name.

No issues there.

1 Like

Dynamic mob spawning, or more sharding, is definitely going to be a requirement for the starting areas. Completely impossible to tag mobs as a paladin since other ranged classes get to them first. Common for people to be saying 30 min /played and they’re still level 1 or 2.

Servers felt stable and lag free, though.

Realm 15. Far too crowded to level. People were grouping up and still not able to kill anything. Going down to the undead crypt where you initially start out, people continued to pour in with no one really leaving the area.

I’m hopeful this is all good data that players are giving, and we can use it to avoid a similar situation to this at launch.

Not expecting to get anything done till some people log or go to bed. But, again, it’s a stress test so that’s fine.

No lag to speak of. Playing on ultra settings is a beautiful experience at a fluid 72 fps (freesync range of monitor). No stuttering or anything, even in a very crowded area.

Love it

I think I’m on server 13 but the Orc / Troll starting zone is impossible to get anything done. Grouping does nothing when there’s 100+ people fighting for boars.

I share the sentiment above. No issues with getting on. Small lag spike around 6:30 EST but other than that everything was good. However, there were definitely too many people per layer for the starting zones. Questing was beyond difficult. 3-4 people camping every spawn point for every mob.

Way too crowded, couldn’t do anything because there was nothing to do due to way too many people. I quit after 30 min of trying to find an untagged mob to do the first quest in the human starting area. My suggestion, open the other servers back up, at least the RP and one PVE server.

RP servers were not up/open

Only choice was #3 and #15

I play out of West coast I chose #3

Rattlecages did not log in for the quest “Rattling the Rattlecages”

So far its been okay, as in Amazing…

On the last server 12 shutdown I noted, when I logged back in, that all of my settings and key bindings had been undone.

1 Like

I found the starting area way to crowded (server 3). There were at least 10+ people standing around for every spawn. I couldn’t get past level 2.

I understand it’s meant to emulate launch day, but back in 04, not everyone logged in at the exact same time like they will in August.

You have to log out after getting all your settings set up.

This used to be old hand, it was a wave of nostalgia for it, actually.

Do all your keyboard settings, all your interface settings, log out, boom. Next restart or shut down they’ll be saved for that character.

I thought that was the case but I deselected and reselected “Always Show Action Bars” and it showed back up. Keybinds and all.

Realm 15, about 3:30 EST:

1. Way too crowded
  2. Felt comfortable, but everyone was still trying to tag mobs in the starting zone

Hey all -

We are just winding down on the initial testing window and wanted to thank everybody who was able to login and participate.

We will soon have 4 realms total, 2 PvP and 2 Normal that will be up and online overnight. Please continue to login, test the content, and provide your feedback (just don’t forget to provide which realm you are on).

If you haven’t gotten a chance to login yet, you can install and play using the “World of Warcraft Classic” version in your Battle.net App.

Thanks again!

7 Likes

Thanks, glad to hear it! Very much wonder which realms will be put up.

You need to click the options drop down in the upper left and update your client. I had the same issue.

Realm 15, Borderline too crowded in the starter zone. It took me an hour to get to level 5 because it was really difficult to tag anything and I then realized that the entire zone around kharanos was also getting spawn camped by the entire world. I haven’t leveled to 10 yet, but whatever population Realm 15 was at in the past hour and a half is probably a bit over the edge of what players will enjoy come launch day.

But then again, I guess I can’t speak for all the players.

And yes, if you haven’t updated your client, you will need to do so as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

and for the rest of the originally stated 48 hours I hope, or 45 after the test?