Feedback - Stress Test

Server 3… 13? err…
5:18PM
Taking advantage of the reboot to post that mobs are spawning nicely, loot errors still a huge problem and is obstructing the completion of quests.

Stuck on loading screen while trying to reenter

Stuck at a loading screen after I got disconnected while playing the game

I was excited. Server 14 was ok but quite crowded but only as much as I would expect on launch. If you kept killing everything then it was fine. Server went offline so switched to server 3. Same experience apart from after 45mins or so NPCs started to lag and then the whole server. But once at the next town or level 6 it was better. Still lots of players but more mobs.

Realm 3. Not nearly enough players in the starting zones to replicate the release day rush that occurred for Vanilla new servers.

1 Like

Started on NE classic realm #2 with two old friends from bc. all was going well then servers shut down and realm 1 and 2 were offline. we all moved to realm 3 and literally struggled with overcrowding and low pop mobs for the next 3 hrs with 15sec delay on casting because of lag :slight_smile: to get to level 5 haha, but loved being with friends again and laughing at what we didnt know thanks Blizzard!

Well its certainly crowded in the starting zones and the monster respawns are slow when we have hunters blasting everything with track beast and long range. My poor whittle warrior struggled without his rage to get anything done. lol. Definitely need spawn rate fixes for all that crowding.

I was playing on Classic Realm 16 for a bit at start. Then all but the two pvp realms (15 and 3) were taken down, so i had to start over on 15. It was worse than i remember retail launch, and definitely worse than any of the other new servers i hopped onto right when they launched.

I was able to log in around 7:15 PM-8:15 EST. Very crowded to kill quest animals, hard to get kills for quests. Server #15 Fun to run around with a lot of people. Ran to Goldshire and looks good. Getting random kicks off, but can log back in again. Lots of people and chat going on. Good times.

Server 3, Tauren Shaman, Mulgore

Started out stable, although a little hard to kill plainstriders and quillboar for quests with the number of people around.

Around 3:30 server time, myself and several people in the chat started experiencing lag, with it taking around ten seconds to loot and turn in quests.

The number of people around seemed to even out when I got to Bloodhoof, until there was a mass DC at 6:18

It was stable afterwards, though I got DCd around 7:18. I don’t know if this was another mass DC as I’d stepped away from my computer for a second after walking into the inn in Bloodhoof Village, then came back to the login screen saying I’d been disconnected.

I actually left the starting area at level 3, and fought mobs outside. Even people were competing for those mobs. Kind of wonder how some people got to level 10 already on this server.

Waaay too many people on each race with only two realms, I either have to spent an hour+ completing one quest because there’s 50 other people trying to kill the exact same mob, or moving on to harder mobs only to see there’s also people doing that. When all the current realms were active, it was nicely spread out. Some realms were very popular, and some weren’t. People who want that experience with 8,000 people fighting for the same mob can. Those who want an experience where the realms aren’t insanely crowded can go to lower population realms.

I just don’t see the enjoyment in fighting over the same spawn for a mob with a party 600 times before you progress 1/12 and have to do it another 11 times.

I was finally able to get in and I found the starter zone to be nearly unplayable due to population. It was the same old mob tagging BS that made a basic kill quest take 5 times longer than it should. Literally mob corpses everywhere with people standing around waiting for respawns. Bring on the Layers please. (I have a job, and I don’t want my limited play time burdened by such huge crowds… and before the neckbeards tell me that it’s an mmo not a solo game… I grouped up, and that was literally the only way to get through the starting quests)

Realm 3, was on realm 13. Experience was smooth before it was reduced to two servers. Then it was sort of laggy but what I expected. Population wasn’t too dense. Got quests done in expected time. Chat seemed active enough.

played on realm 15 (PVP) for about 3 hours from 2pm PDT ish to 5 ish.
the number of people on made it almost impossible to lvl doing quests. Had to resort to grinding mobs. Grouping was ineffectual as a result.
But that’s to be expected on a “launch day” simulation. (I learned my lesson years ago, to give it a couple days before loging on lol) It’s in line with what I remember of BC launch day.
Was realy impressed with the lack of lag. (As in none at all, not even retall can match it)

I didn’t get the chance to play until about the last 20 minutes of the stress test, but this was my experience. I chose server 3. I quickly made a troll hunter without any issues. There wasn’t any queue, no errors while trying to create my character or anything. I made my character and logged in easily.

The server didn’t seem too crowded to me for a launch day experience. The population seemed a bit right I suppose. There was quite a few people around, but not tons. I would say there was 30 people on average that I could see in the orc/troll starting zone. I got my first quest and at first, the server did seem more populated and there were not any boars to kill. But I expect this for launch day and expect to either wait for spawns or group with others to do quests.

For launch day, I would almost expect more people honestly. Not saying ridiculously overcrowded, but 30-40 in the starting zone seems a bit low, maybe? I was walking around looking for a boar when I got to an area where I found one and didn’t notice many players around. I at first assumed that this was an area players didn’t know about and I quickly finished my first quest of killing ten boars without any competition at all.

I noticed the boars seemed to be spawning faster. Dynamic respawns or maybe you all increased spawn rate? Regardless, I would kill one and in no time another boar was there. As I left that area I saw the area less populated in general with players and many more boars around. This was near the end of the stress test on server 3 in Valley of Trials.

Since I got in late to the stress test, I only made it to level two and didn’t make it to the second area to report on this.

After last server shutdown, logged back in really fast to server 15.
Biggest issue is it takes forever to complete one quest due to the number of players all shooting at the same few spawning animals.

Have not yet even managed to get to level 3.

Can someone please let us know if the other realm types like the RP server will be coming back up soon or are we all stuck with the two PvP servers the next few days? It would be very nice and greatly appreciated to know. Thank you!

1 Like

Realm 15 - Human zone

• Was it too crowded, even for a launch day experience? -VERY much too crowded for launch day experience.
  • Did it feel too empty or too crowded after you moved to the second zone? - NEVER made it to a second zone, could not get enough kills to level up.

It felt honestly good. I was able to log in (I purposely waited until about 2:30 PST), was able to create a character, and got in without a queue.

There were a lot of players around, mostly in start areas. After that, they seemed less visible, more spread out. I did run into a lot of players out questing beyond start areas.

But the start areas were hard to get quest completed. I didn’t have a lot of time to really test the start areas, competition for Quest objectives was pretty fierce and to the point it was kinda pointless to try, even in a group.

Game ran smooth, with little to no lag on a 10 year old comp. In fact, it runs better in Classic than it does in Retail.

Realm 3 and between 2:30-3:30 PM PST.

Made 3 characters on server 4 shortly before servers came online.

Started playing one. It was surprisingly low population in Tauren starting area. I got into the 3rd quest, maybe 15 minutes in, and the server suddenly shut down.

I checked server list and saw only 2 that were online. A PvP and a pve server. I rolled a character on the pvp server.

I saw perhaps 20-25 other players in the starting area. It didn’t look like too many players but it definitely made questing take way too long. Everyone searching for a respawned boar or plain strider, etc.

It took 30-45 minutes to get 1 or 2 quests done. Not very fun,…but I was too busy loving the nostalgia to really care.

I grouped with a random player and we finished the starting area together. We both noticed tremendous lag with the vendors, trainers and questgivers. I was surprised how bogged down this was given that there were only some 25 other players that I could see around and about.

My new friend and I decided to put off questing and run to TB then Org. After the run to Org we hearthed back to Bloodhoof Village and picked up where left off.

NPC’s were still bogged down but markedly less so. Less players around at this point. They must have moved on or logged out.