Feedback on Classes in Dragonflight

Retribution rework please. Tired of having my favourite spec be unthematic, no longer provide valuable group utility, and forever being below average in terms of actual performance as well.

Give people a reason to play the spec outside of sunk cost fallacy.

4 Likes

Can unholy PLEASE get gargoyle baseline and can we get icy touch and plague strike back as baseline? As it stands I won’t be able to justify playing DK in live when I can play the better version in wrath.

Unholy got a pretty big blog post. Check wowhead.

Can we get MOTW and Thorns back? Also, Paladin blessings? Pretty please? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Please make DHs viable. For the last 2 raids our number one damage has been borrowed power and we are penalized for using one of our spenders in most cases. It is almost as if the dev team went “Well, they are decent tanks. They can be mediocre DPS.”

1 Like

Ahem… See Below:

Demon Hunters
Here are some posts from the US forums that more than highlight the issues:

Please help us…

3 Likes

We’re getting MOTW back, even though it would be awesome to get Thorns back. In turn, the blessings should also return, as you say, and other powers that in the past were eliminated unnecessarily.
PS: revert the nerf of the drums

1 Like

I hope the “default” build can be used in solo content and normal and heroic dungeons and LFR and maybe normal mythic dungeons. Due to the fact that this new talent tree as it stands right now is way to complex for the normal and average players.

1 Like

They’re adding that to the baseline of the spell.
Deadly Coil: Reduces the Runic Power cost of Death Coil by 5/10.

This talent will be removed as a talent and wrapped into Death Coil baseline.
Developers’ notes: Deadly Coil has become quite important to how smooth the Unholy spec rotation feels and at this point is better served baseline than as a talent that can be opt-in or out of.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-death-knights/368398/2

It would be amazing if we actually got beta talent calculators again.

Those where great for seeing the new trees in a very hands on way.

I have a couple of ideas on how to improve the state of Shadow Priest with this talent tree.

Move to main tree/make baseline (Priest): Silence, Dispersion, Vampiric Embrace
Make ability baseline (Shadow): Mind Flay, Vampiric Touch, Devouring Plague, Mind Sear, Void Eruption
Remove/Rework/Leveling Spell: Searing Nightmare, Surrender to Madness, Damnation

The fact that so many spells that are part of the core kit can be skipped over is a little insane, pun intended. Imagine building a tree where you don’t take Devouring Plague or Searing Nightmare and have no way to spend Insanity.

As far as Searing Nightmare and Surrender to Madness go, they have always been the problem child of Shadow Priest. Ideally, they would just be added as spells you get while leveling.

Searing Nightmare could work as a toggle: When toggled, Mind Sear will drain Insanity while channeling (rather than generating it), and will apply Shadow Word: Pain to all targets, and deal increased damage against targets with Shadow Word: Pain applied to them. This could be balanced by capping how many targets it applies Shadow Word: Pain to, or reducing the damage beyond ~8 targets. The toggle would be disabled manually, or when Insanity is spent. Additionally, talents could be made to empower it to spread more than Shadow Word: Pain, and such.

As for Surrender to Madness, outside of making this only usable when a target is below a health threshold or reworking it to have a different downside besides the player dying, this seems like an ability that is better off being removed, as the playstyle that enabled it to be good, where Voidform wasn’t a damage CD, and instead the player was racing to stay “ascended” as long as possible, is no longer in the game.

more race+class combos besides priest and rogue for every class. more demon hunter races

and please, rework the melee sv trees to not be so point hungry

I’m REALLY worried about inscription going into dragonflight.

even something minor like this being taken away is a big deal for an already struggling profession. is the only purpose of the prof going to be rep contracts and vantus runes going forward? There’s been so few glyphs the last few expansions and they’ve almost exclusively been for druids…

This is a fantastic addition to the system, I wish more games did something like this. I for one love the complexity of the trees and will enjoy customizing my build, but I know plenty of people want a simpler system that they can just set and forget.

wowhead has all the released trees up in their tools section

We’ll do what we did in Vanilla WoW, go to the Elitist Jerks page and follow their recipes verbatim. Well, now Icy-Veins, but the same idea. The trees just don’t have enough width and points to create unique builds. And since some very desired talents require prerequisite talents earlier in the tree, I suspect most everyone’s completed trees will be about 98% the same.

One simple solution to this might be to have the same talent placed in two different spots in the tree. The first time it is picked it gives the ability, the second time it is picked it gives the passive improvement.

So for example, the current base druid tree has “Innervate” in the bottom right, and the Resto Tree has “Improved Innervate” in the bottom right as well. This could be changed to be the same talent. Call it “Innervation” It’s 0/1 in either tree. Taking it once in either grants you [Innervate]. Taking it in BOTH trees gives you “Improved Innervate” passive. This means a Resto druid could gain innervate without being required to go down that part of the base druid tree.

For clarity you could word it like:

Innervation – You gain Innervate: Infuse a friendly healer with energy, allowing them to cast spells without spending mana for 10 seconds.
Taking this when you already have Innervate from another talent, will passively grant your innervate spell “you gain its effect at 50% effectiveness, When you cast Innervate on somebody else.” and give you Passive: Mana regeneration increased 5%

1 Like

I agree, I still don’t know why they do this. Let other players who are not streamers in to test too, what’s the big deal.

You know what would be a fantastic idea? Making MM hunters call their pets to lust.

1 Like

Great post – thank you for sharing the thinking with the community. I will be quoting below for the purpose of engaging other community members, not to nitpick the OP because providing this original conversation is extremely valuable and I love to see it keep coming.

My concern here is this seems to be “we heard pull the ripcord but don’t think players know better”. Does this seem to be same old Blizzard thinking to anyone else?

@Timbaeslice

1 Like

I made a forum post, but then saw this post after. Copying what I posted there here:

The only classes currently receiving much feedback from testing are Hunter and Evoker on the Alpha forum. I know it’s only been two days, but given the amount of feedback there vs. others is a red flag.

So either our WoW team absolutely nailed the other classes, or the people currently doing Alpha testing are failing the entire player base at the moment. I’d suggest it’s probably the latter.

I can’t begin to explain how important it is to get this right, and this game means something to most of us here. There are specific class writers on Wowhead they could be leveraging for this, and even then players they could find through Warcraft logs, RaiderIO, etc that could make a real difference for their game.

If I had to ask for anything, it’s to have those players brought into Alpha immediately to ensure the best groundwork is laid out for the foreseeable future.

1 Like