eh, i think this advantage is more psychological than actual. it is still a chokepoint, but uphill doesn’t really matter.

It does have an advantage. 1 person can see everything that is coming up the hill and pick up the healer so by they time they reach the top you already have them locked. Going up him you have no idea what is on the other side. could be 2 of the opposing faction or 15.

2 Likes

And one simple Ring of Peace from one Alliance player really wrecks the whole attempt. And since you’re being knocked backwards downhill you fly further back than if you got ring’ed on flat land.

One engineer can stop the monk.

So how does that work?

I only have herbalism and skinning, neither is worth much anymore.

I do mostly pug PvP BGs though, so if engineering has something that can counter Ring of Peace, it may be worth changing professions.

Engineer gets nitro boosts and goblin glider. Assuming you are pushing out front or left door use the speed asap and when you get to a drop off use your glider or mount to the drop hit glide then use the boosts. This small advantage allows you to get to lm before the monk does.

1 Like

i figured you were talking about the mount speed boosters.

Get to lm? Arathi Basin Lumber Mill I assume, and yes that is an objective on a hill (and yes I have been pushed off that cliff a few times) but it is fairly evenly located between the two starting areas, and both sides have to climb a hill to get to it. To be honest the Horde Monks have the terrain advantage on those hills.

Generally speaking the spell isn’t an advantage for either side because either side has an equal chance of having and using it on a flag, I hate the thing but then as someone who plays resto Shaman all the time, I also hate most CC.

Muram was specifically talking about the advantage this spell gives Alliance in Isle of Conquest for capping the Hangar; I’m not sure Horde can ever get to it before the Alliance, and even arriving at it first still allows Alliance to shut off reinforcements by effectively blocking the Horde side entrance with this spell.

I was hoping you were referencing something that could actually break Ring of Peace.

Oh well, Blizzard will change everything again soon enough so I guess it’s not worth stressing about.

just lost 3 Isle Battlegrounds in a row. Not because we were doing bad in fact we were winning had our gates down first engaged the boss first… then the alliance used Glaives to kill the Hoarde boss in about 6 secs. Well I guess if you suck that bad you have to cheat to win.

2 Likes

Should have started this off with…Brought to you by the morons that thought diablo immortal was a good idea, comes a throw back to the old days of 5 hr alterac valley. You want the old days? Lower iceblood gy, move the horde starting cave back, and bring back the block ability to bg’s because sitting with the 30 min debuff is now worth it instead of watching retards ride in circles.

LM I meant hang, both on the left. I tested this a few times to make sure. There is at least a group of 11 that make it to the spot before the non engineers. I was up there in plenty of time waiting on the monk each time.

Welcome to day #12 of the Glaive cheat oversight

2 Likes

If they truly believe in “play nice, play fair”, they will put a stop to this Alliance cheating. If not? They will lose a lot of credibility.

2 Likes

Blizzard still have any credibility when it comes to BG design, balance, and Q&A?

Their credibility already has worse issues atm, what with tone-deaf Blizzcon reveals, luke-warm reception to content, and most importantly all that news about the behind the scenes stuff (and all the implications it brings).

But still, making a boss immune to glaives should be an easy fix. Come on Blizz, put the candy canes and Budweisers down for a minute and shift a decimal place.

Phalanx, Ythisens any updates, or new features we can look forward to for Epic Battlegrounds? Best content in the game in my opinion.

They need a lot of updates though. Things like, pathing, disconnecting when clicking on a vehicle to get inside, etc…

• Side-request: maybe rework how players can summon NPCs in AV, etc…? Np, if not.
1 Like

They recently retooled the way Ivus and the Frost Lord work, I’ve been in a few games where they were super useful (and awesome to see again).

I do think IoC needs way more work right now.:

• The camera glitch that happens when you man a Siege Engine’s secondary cannon, but then exit or the vehicle is destroyed. If you’ve seen the “glider kit camera bug” it’s similar if not the same bug. (fix that too please)
  • Glaives still killing the horde boss in 3 seconds
  • Better balance between demos and rampart cannons so one player can’t lock down the entire wall defense
  • Equalizing the distance to the Hangar flag

Those the first things off the top of my head when it comes to Epic BG issues.

Happy New Year everyone!

Just wanted to pop in here to give everyone a heads up to some fixes to Isle of Conquest which we’re deploying momentarily. This is mainly to fix the issue where players can deal significant damage to the Generals with the Glaive Thrower, but we also wanted to throw in some other tuning changes while we were at it.

• Fixed a bug where the Generals were taking too much damage from the Glaive Thrower’s “Blade Salvo” ability.
• The General’s “Dagger Throw” ability will now be a bit less lethal.
• The Generals will no longer reset their health to full when leashed.
• Repairing a Keep Cannon can no longer be interrupted from damage.
• Glaive Throwers health increased by 30%, and their damage done to players has been increased.

Thanks for your continued discussion and feedback, and we’re glad everyone is enjoying Epic Battlegrounds! We look forward to everyone being able to experience the return of Wintergrasp soon, as well as some other Epic Battleground surprises as we progress through Battle for Azeroth.

Thank You!

20 Likes

Oh boy just what the game needs, more insignificant changes instead of balance, tuning, and design fixes for classes!

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider a change insignificant just because this particular post is not the change you wanted to see. There are a fair amount of players impacted by Siege vehicles not being fixed entirely the first time in addition to the other complaints you can read about throughout these forums. Any QoL update is a welcome update in my opinion.

Class tuning, changes, and design discussion or patch notes probably wouldn’t be posted in the Battleground forums anyway.

8 Likes