If the rewards are crap, you find them boring and find that they take too long, my suggestion to you is to not queue. You have other battlegrounds.

2 Likes

Thats what I do. Im just adding my feedback here so you blizzard employees can see it; not that you care though. 1/10

Good. The rest of us will enjoy the changes to make these battlegrounds last longer. Happy new year to you.

1 Like

Youā€™re lucky, Iā€™m jealous.

I play AV most days but havenā€™t seen anything but big zerg, with some bacap and choke so far.

Horde wins if we have defense, Aliance if we donā€™t, nobody seems interested in getting the extra NPCs.

No Lokholar no Ivus no wolf riders no flyers.

1 Like

Just spam a LOT for defense and looting bodies. In the AVs where itā€™s quiet at the beginning, zerg AVs generally happen. But if you (or anyone really) starts with a good plan, I have noticed people follow along and chat gets going. Ofc itā€™s not guaranteed.

I may be in the minority here but epic battlegrounds donā€™t really feel ā€œepicā€ to me. Alterac Valley has been modified so many times since the original that it doesnā€™t have that epic feel anymore. This is just a category you have shoved the 40-man BGs in. You havenā€™t retained or restored that ā€œepicā€ feel.

Original AV was about the most epic you could get. Quests, bosses, objectives, battles that went on for hours, maybe even a day. You could join AV and it was like participating in a big war in a zone-sized area. The quest, reputation, gold and other rewards were great. The only thing I would have liked to be different would have been a way to get Alterac Valley Marks from objectives instead of having to stick around for the win because that could take 12 hours sometimes.

On a related note, things like Wintergrasp and Tol Barad are also what Iā€™d like to see out of epic battlegrounds.

Is there a real solution here? I donā€™t know, maybe leaving the 40-mans in their own category but making a real ā€œepicā€ battleground category with the real epic battlegrounds and maybe even Echoes of Alterac, a restored version of the original AV with appropriate scaling and rewards. Iā€™m no expert. I just know that in its current form, ā€œepic battlegroundsā€ isnā€™t really epic. And I also donā€™t think that everything in the game has to be designed in a way that someone can complete it while they eat their cereal in the morning before work. And this is coming from someone with an 8-5 M-F job.

1 Like

I would appreciate it if the panda 15v15 battleground became an ā€œEpic Battlegroundā€. Add 5 players per team if need be.
I feel like this would be asking too much, but iā€™d love it if the new azerite beach BG would add +5 players too & turn in to an Epic Battleground.

I do not enjoy these bgā€™s at all and they are SOOooo different than say WSG, Twin Peaks, and Arathi Basin.

HOTFIXES: DECEMBER 20, 2018

Isle of Conquest

• Siege Vehicles and Bombs no longer deal damage to enemy commanders.

So I did an Alliance Isle of Conquest game today, and to my surprise the Horde boss was killed not by glaives this timeā€¦ but by the Siege Engine and Demos!!! I couldnā€™t believe it! This is simply outrageous lol :laughing:

I saw it with my own two eyes!! I stood about 10 yards away while the Siege Engine and Demos parked themselves at the doorway and started shooting the floor under the Horde boss. We had control of the docks but no Alliance glaives were anywhere near the Horde keep, so glaive throwers are ruled out this time. I panned my camera around and double checked to make sure - no Alliance glaive throwers where inside the Horde keep.

I looked over at the Horde boss health bar off to the right side of the screen and it steadily dropped in unnatural ā€œchunksā€ of 10-15% per shot. I saw the Hordeā€™s commander instantly go from 100% to 91%, then instantly from 91% to like 77%, then instantly from 77% to like 65%, then down to 50%, then down to 40%, then down to 29%, and so on and so on down to 0%.

Observations like ^ this call into question this ENTIRE hotfix! Was the hotfix even tested before being released to live?!? I know itā€™s a small indie company and all, but come on guys :laughing:

Please ā€œactuallyā€ correct the issue, obviously something went wrong with the hotfix if Alliance players are still able to exploit with the vehicles to get ā€œinsta winsā€ 1 week after the alleged hotfix.

The Epic Battleground queue isnā€™t a place to dump your least favourite bgs. What makes those BGs ā€˜epicā€™?

Rampant cheating in IoC by Alliance continues. We just lost an IoC where the Alliance only breached our gates and captured our base flag as we had their General at 60%. We lost when moments later we had their General down to 59%. The loss in our own Generalā€™s HPs was so fast it didnā€™t even have time to register on the Capping addon bars.

Sickening.

2 Likes

This neglect has been reported several times. The demos can shoot at the boss from the doorway still.

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s not fixed at allā€¦ so much for the ā€œhotfixā€

Isle of Exploits should just be ā€œtaken offlineā€ altogether or something until all these bugs/exploits are properly addressed, most players donā€™t even like IoC :laughing: Replace it with Tarren Mill vs Southsore in the meantime, I actually enjoyed that one.

1 Like

Not until I get my 3 last wins!!!

Then burn it to the ground. Forever. To death. Firm emphasis.

edit: make that 2 wins

1 Like

Please bring back Ashran as an epic BG <3

1 Like

Keep the Ally gate closed for an extra 2-3 secs maybe on Isle. Itā€™s always been stupid that they can reach the middle and pass the flag before the engagement even happens. The fight should be centered on the flag not towards the hoards fort with the Hoarde trying to long bomb AOEā€™s to keep the ally from claiming the point. The same is for the hanger by the time the Hoarde wraps around and starts to crest the hill there are already Ally sitting on the flag trying to claim it. Both sides should be able to meet at the points at the same time.

3 Likes

Thatā€™d be a pretty simple fix.

Worst case they could impede Alliance exiting the east gate for Hangar - the Hordeā€™s east gate isnā€™t a shortcut to anything that powerful. Thereā€™s a little jump down spot right outside the east gate that leads up to the Hangar plateau. Iā€™m sure an extra couple boulders would even things up, yet still allow passage to Quarry.

I go to hangar on my Death Knight with faster mount speed and Alliance are already there and flag turned. How is that fair?

2 Likes

if I take the best line to hanger straight from the start I get there just as alliance does, the problem is their main group arrives at the same time while the horde main group will be a few seconds. its not impossible for horde to reach hanger at the same time, they just donā€™t ride well enough on average.

1 Like

Wpvp is Ashran. Killing the other faction with bosses spawning on you.

Plus, they use the advantage of us coming uphill. They are there a good 10-15 seconds before us, and we all book it, but you know that already.