Why did they delete Strands?

im guessing it was on 75% of the players blacklists for bg queues. it was a good choice to cull imho.

1 Like

Strand was never an epic battleground. What are you even talking about?

1 Like

Because they’re crazy, it was my 3rd favourite… and then they removed the blacklist just to rub it in, and now ~30-40% of BGs that I get are ones that were on the blacklist… So I just don’t do BGs at all anymore.

Source? I’ve only heard about the changes they made to IoC and AV months ago.

Crosses Fingers Please Lord let it be Wintergrasp :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I loved SOTA. When it was announced it was leaving the bg turned insane. Everyone was trying to get their wins it for the achievement. It was a lot of fun. I actually met like 6 friends through doing it over and over lol. People had insane strats.

I think the time it took to win was the put off for people. It had the potential to be a LONG bg but it was pretty quick to see whether you were going to lose or not. So people would bail regularly when the outlook wasn’t so great.

Looks like it is.

2 Likes

O.M.G Does it say when??? I need to get old achievements on my char asap. I only have a few wins to go to get the full achievement

1 Like

“Soon”
so 9.5.2

Haha Well I know what I will be doing tomorrow. Hanging out in Wintergrasp and getting me some wins

Why did they delete it?

Because there may be a God who loves us.

That was a lame, gimmicky BG.

The fact that Blizzard removed it gave me hope that they can just drop bad ideas.

1 Like

Gnomeregan is an amazing dungeon, leave it alone.

Also, get exalted with the Kalu’ak and you can buy an underwater breathing staff from them.

From what I have read is that it was unpopular. I liked it. I love hopping in a turret and blasting people coming up the hill. Then a rogue would shadow step and kill me.

Strands was terrible, and it was really annoying back in the day getting the Call to Arms: Strand of the Ancients Daily multiple days in a row.

I agree, it’s a shame they removed it. my favorite part of SotA was seeing group after group after group of allys focusing on a single vehicle at a time while letting the others just pass by as if they were invisible… it never got old.

1 Like

That was the fun of the BG, lolzing at the idiot players

SoTA blew big ones! Good riddance… So does temple of kotmogu and seething shores. I wish I could blacklist still…

I kinda liked it in Wrath but after that expack all I really enjoyed doing was pissing off the last defenders with a stealth class and bombs.

Man that will great be if Wintergrasp and Tol Barad becomes relevant again. As far as Strands even though a lot of people hated it I actually didn’t mind it.

I hated SotA… it was always permanently on my blacklist. They never could balance the stupid thing.

Either the demos were near impossible to kill or they were made of paper mache.

Good riddance, I say.