Everyone is abusing layering

It’s pretty laughable that anybody here is going to defend the system as it stands now. If you think that this will just auto resolve itself by phase 1, then you are either completely ignorant to what this will do in the long term or are abusing it yourself. It’s amazing to me that people can sit here and try to hide the fact that people are already stacking black lotus and arcane crystals in their bags by just constantly swapping layers. This issue won’t auto resolve itself and it will severely impact the game in the long term.

4 Likes

So it’s literally just sharding then, why are ppl calling it layering

This is working as intended, the only way removing layering in P2 can be a thing, is if all the people on extra layers stop playing, or accept the new and improved super queue.

They cant remove layering until hordes of players leave, so if layering gets you gone then good, if they removing layering and keep the current server amount we are going to need a whole lotta quitters.

ok… so like 10k total people…compared to the hundreds of thousands in classic? k

Isn’t layering temporary until the tourists leave?

100% AGREE!

Blizzard needs to BAN this exploit and fix it ASAP! The fix is incredibly simple: Make it have a cooldown!

2 Likes

Yep :joy: don’t worry I’m sure people will post numbers at their height or include TBC, WOTLK, or instant 60 servers to make it seem like there are more playing, but there really aren’t.

He might very well be talking about pvp, where abusing layering is far more prevalent.

Hey let’s jump that mage! Omg where did he go?

“Layer me daddy! Horde on me.” strong text

1 Like

it is eventually turned off, so I don’t think they care.

I don’t even play like layering exists, just don’t really care. My hunter is just level 17, out soloing and chill. Maybe they intended it as a “leg up” thing? They must have seen it coming.

Thanks for the idea.

Chat is not layered. That’s how you are able to ask in chat for someone in a potentially different layer to invite you to their group, dragging you to their layer.

Supposedly they will turn off layering before Phase 1 ends. The problem is all of the extra resources generated will stay in the economy. PVP level advantage is nice too.

Maybe I don’t pay enough attention to chat but I have not seen a single layer request.

“EVERYONE IS ABUSING LAYERING”

Really? I’m pretty sure I’m not … at least, I don’t think so.

its gonna be only for phase 1 , not for phase 2 where pvp is gonna matter lol

Layering will be gone within a week or two…stop complaining.

I have seen no one ask for a different layer in chat either on my realm. Now are people actually doing this on my server, I am pretty sure some are since I have thought about it just not to have to wait for quest mobs. However, being lazy I didn’t bother logging onto my other account to do so.

1 Like

In all honesty - this actually is a problem that removing layering later won’t fix.

Blizzard has to ban people for the type of exploiting (if true).

piss and moan that’s all your doing
font like layers? then get the F outta classic
don’t want your whinny crybaby rear end here anywas. and let us enoy our game

1 Like

What’s the point in playing when the economy is wrecked? I’d rather they immediately put 30 minute lockouts on changing layers.