Era dead thanks to gdkp

You’re making that much because of all the bought gold.

no, its popularity comes from the skillgap having split the playerbase into two playerbases.

you never see the bad players say “i suck and i like GDKP”. It’s always worrying about the welbeing of the good players when discussed. Because the good players goldfarm the bad players in the GDKP runs.

it’s possible they then turn around and sell them the gold for RMT… a feedback loop.

it’s underground capitalism. I wonder how come chinese bots dont employ underground communist economics. perhaps because capitalism is organic?

There’s nothing legitimate about the WoW token. It’s cheating. It’s just an officially supported means of cheating like typing in “power overwhelming” in StarCraft or “iddqd” in Doom.

2 Likes

“3k Gold in Era is not really all that much”. With the way farming herbs and mining is at this point, that would take at least 30 hours. That is only if you are farming at low traffic hours, and only if you’re in a zone that isn’t bot owned and operated. I’m fortunate enough to have saved gold before the release of SOM, but that is still going fast.

1 Like

Introducing the token takes Bots out of the equation. Otherwise it doesn’t change much. The Card Swipers are strong in Classic Era and have been for some time.

1 Like

I can’t tell you what is happening with the PvE clusters, but this is not at all the case on the Whitemane (high population PvP) cluster. Herbs are fairly easy to come by. I’m usually not competing with more than a few other people at most in a zone and often I’ll have a zone to myself. 3k gold can be farmed in far less than 30 hours. Probably more like 3-6 hours.

I don’t believe this is even close to being true wherever they’ve introduced the WoW token.

2 Likes

PVE servers are rough since SoD started at least in terms of farming anything. As for the Tokens, what reason would a gold selling bot have to bot if nobody was buying their black market gold anymore?

Because people are still buying their black market gold.

Tokens were not made to combat rmt. Tokens were made so blizzard gets a cut of the rmt money

2 Likes

So the bots actually undercut the token price! Sounds like Blizzard needs to come up with a more competitive card swiping system then. :slight_smile:

Yeah it’s like Oumura said. Bobby needs his 17th yacht.

Bobby got fired. Anyways bring wow token and flying mounts to classic. Thank you

Don’t look now, but you’re making the case for not banning GDKP. Unless, of course, you advocate banning any ELUA-benign use of the game to which some faction of the playerbase objects.

Era is alive because of GDKP, banning them would kill era overnight. It’s really weird how obsessed people are with banning GDKPs instead of banning the real problem which are bots and gold buyers/sellers. Trying to dictate how people want to distribute loot is some 1984 Reddit group think behavior.

Bolded the strawman. I can’t speak for everyone, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone that does not want them to ban bots and gold buyers/sellers.

3 Likes

Most players GDKP. So logically banning it would help the game. Logically.

Most people do it because you have to goofy.

Good luck finding any non gdkp group. If i wanted to trade gold for gear id use the auction house. Also dont try to say theres other groups you can join because thats BS. Even if there is, its maybe 1 raid out of the 100s of gdkp+boost clownery

So much hyperbole, so little time.

No, it seems that you didn’t bother to read the context surrounding my response. GDKP should be fine because, on paper, it makes sense. In practice, it’s a disaster for an entire server and only benefits a few people. Sometimes this is just how it works.

Here’s an example. Communism should be fine because it works on paper, but in practice it only benefits a small few while the rest pay the price. Waaaaait a minute, did I just compare GDKP to communism and the corruption that seeds its downfall? Oh dear… :face_with_monocle:

You might as well be saying “Era is only alive because there are so many bots. Banning bots would kill Era overnight.”

If Blizzard gets rid of GDKP and Era dies, so be it. If the only thing that keeps someone playing a game is their ability to exploit their fellow player for profit then those people should not be in the game.

I should point out though, Era died once and it came back. What brought people back to the game wasn’t GDKP runs either, those came after it resurrected. So I’m not worried about Era. Will less people play if GDKP is banned? Certainly, just like there will be less people in the game if Blizzard ever deals with bots. This is still a positive outcome for the people who actually want to play the game.

:100: :x: :100: :bangbang:

1 Like

People like you and the small minority that are insanely vocal about GDKP being banned don’t play the game though and the ones who do are grey parsing clickers that just want to be carried in MS/OS runs.

1 Like