Bring Pre Patch to Era

There is no way to farm anything anymore. There are no thorium veins. There is no dreamfoil. It’s always gone and 50 people are farming the same spots.

We need a fix. Bring TBC pre patch back. It fixed all the spawn rates. Thanks.

3 Likes

I’m glad to see you doing something positive here! Blizz listen to this man’s words very closely. There are subscriptions on the line!

2 Likes

Please do not put TBC prepatch on Era, ever.

Plus, I hear it’s super easy to farm herbs as is.

5 Likes

Yea I feel like server populations are a problem here. There’s an anti-layering sentiment but the trouble is, the mine/herb node mechanics weren’t designed for this level of competition. It miiiiiight work out if people were just farming what they needed for their own consumables, but it’s become something people do non-stop, all day every day for profit.

I don’t think the pre patch is the answer but I do think the system needs to be looked at given that it was never designed for this many people. I also don’t think Blizzard should rush into a change here, Classic is great for a reason.

:rofl:

What are you people doing still playing this game? SOD is where it’s at

Where do you think we Wrath babies are going when they axe Wrath?

It’s going to be payback time.

Remember what you classic Andy’s tried to do to our RDF?

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re on about but I wish blizzard would give you TBC and WotLK era servers too. I didn’t play TBC or WoTLK but I’m all about player choice.

4 Likes

Speaking of Era’s… I have this fun idea I wish they’d do. It would allow for in-game movement from Era to Era, but only in a forward progression.

At the end of WotLK Classic, they launch WotLK era. At the same time, they launch TBC Era (better late than never).

Players in WotLK can clone into Wrath Era or progress to Cata Classic. Maybe they actually handle the clone situation proper this time.

TBC era would sort of get snubbed, as it’s years too late to clone there. But fresh TBC era would appeal to some niche.

Then to tie all of this together… blizzard implements in game mechanics to transfer from Era to Era in a forward direction only. The Dark Portal is active in Classic Era, and if a player chooses they can progress into TBC Era (with clear warnings this is permanent). Similarly, players could board a boat in TBC Era to sail over to Northrend, permanently entering WotLK Era.

While I wouldn’t make the journey myself, it does two things:

1. Creates Era for each of the legacy variants.

2. Creates a path for players and guilds to progress (on their own accord and timeline) to new content. You’re never “stuck” in an era if you don’t want to be. And if you enjoy forever XYZ era, you can have that too.

And I do like making it an in game choice versus one through the store… immersion or something.

3 Likes

I’ve seen that a few times and I really like the idea. It gives a much better gameplay experience than making a character in retail and trying to progress through the expansions. Too much has changed there.

Having a server for each expansion that people can just play on is just too perfect an opportunity and I can’t, for the life of me, understand why Blizzard doesn’t capitalize on it. I actually can’t help but wonder if this might be coming though. Consider SoD seems to be their trial run experiment of having everybody on a single server. That fits right in with what an Era server for each expansion would need.

Fingers crossed?

1 Like

The modern large corporation is a bank. It doesn’t matter if a project could be good, successful, or even profitable.

The question workers are asking over and over is “will this advance my standing and income within the corporation?”

And owners are promoting those who make meaningful contributions to the profitability of the entire organization, on a scale that small projects cannot achieve.

In business speak, they’re looking for hundred million dollar opportunities. Anything judged insufficient won’t get a second look.

1 Like

Thats not always true. I have bonus plans, they are dependent on my department and projects being profitable. I do not have a hand in sales. But the prevailing theory is that outcomes drive sales. I have a direct effect on outcomes. Sometimes the outcomes are that the client cancels the contract. Conversely outcomes have never solely determined my promotions. Skill, relationships, communication drive those.

Point being they incentivize workers and their projects. Lots of small wins are a big win.

Fixing multiple problems with adding pre patch would be a win win. Don’t see why anyone wouldn’t want the game improvements.

Where in the world are you finding 50 people? I play on a handful of Classic servers and even as a server group I only ever see maybe 10 people in 2-3hr of playing outside of AFKers in cities. I have alts so I’m in various level brackets of zones. The lowest level tend to have some bots, but the high level zones are utterly desolate. I farm something like 200 thorium an hour in Ungoro doing laps if I want. They’re all mine, zero competition. Maybe you’re on a PvP cluster? PvE is desolate, just the way I like it.

This is also server dependent. The Mankrik cluster, which is PvE, is also over populated and it can be difficult to find resources in the open world.

1 Like

Fairly surprised era has 50 people

The east coast cluster on PVE has major problems. Need layers back like 25 of them

ITT: people that don’t play era complaining about era. I get tons of thorium every single day just riding around. I also have no problems finding groups of people to play for any dungeon or raid and run into tons of random wpvp skirmishes.

This is my experience as well with herbs, people are like there are no herbs. And yeah there is competition for herbs, no uncontested easy mode zones. But may would have you believe its a botscape where the second a node spawns a bot fly hack underground picks. And i have been doing herbs on Whitemane since before the major resurgence.

I don’t share the hate that a lot of people have for layers, but I’m not quite sure they are the right answer. We absolutely do need fewer players in the same open world instance than we have now but with the current implementation of layers people just find ways to abuse it.

I think we need an iteration on layers. Here’s some random things I’ve been thinking about…

• Treat layers almost like mini servers. You get assigned one and that’s the one you’re on. You only see people who have been assigned to that mini layer.
  • Your layer should not change frequently, only when the number of players on your layer logging in diminishes.
  • Guilds should be assigned to layers and grouped together such that 2-5 active guilds depending on size each.
  • You can still group with people on the same realm and have them come to your layer. When the group is done they return to their home layer.
  • What layer you’re on should be obvious and visible to the player. They should have names but not be a part of your character name.
  • Botters should be forced to their own layer, all of them, where they can fight over resources amongst themselves.

I’m not saying all of these should happen, they’re just things I’ve been thinking about. Of course, that would mean Blizzard would have to actually do some dev work on Era which is apparently unlikely to happen, but hey, we can dream.

Continuing the discussion from Bring Pre Patch to Era:

Bringing a pre patch to a verison of a game that will never have that game be a part of this game seems backwards, in of its self.