End of the High Elf Debate

In the datamining it was discovered that Blizzard is giving Blood Elves a blue eye option. Ion had previous stated that Blood Elves are High Elves and he went the extra mile with this statement. This actually seems to be a bit of a retcon. Gold eyes were evidence of the influence of the current state of the Sunwell, whereas there isn’t anything that would turn their eyes blue from green.

So to me this suggests that they are retconning that not all of the renamed Blood Elves drank fel energies. Whatever small portion of the population stayed clean and loyal to Quel’thalas despite the problems that occurred. It would be interesting if there will be any Thalassian High Elven correspondence in Horde quests before Shadowlands drops. So how many of y’all who play Alliance will be faction changing?

4 Likes

:popcorn: .

48 Likes

(Commentary): None? The request was never about blue eyes, it was about lore. Players want to play the High Elves who are part of the Alliance and have been since Vanilla. Blood Elves getting blue eyes doesn’t suddenly make them into those elves, especially since they can only be Horde.

85 Likes

Interesting choice of a first post. :thinking:

24 Likes

The Sunwell is both Light and Arcane. Those who tap into the Light side will show that influence through golden eyes, those that tap into the Arcane side should go back towards blue eyes, and those that continue to play with fel should stay green.

14 Likes

Why do you think telling them “no” one more time would finish the debate?

I disagree.

I regularly see the request based around light skinned blue eyes elves on the Alliance. The lore just being used as a reason to pursue it. A means to the end.

The first thing I see the HELF threads willing to compromise on is the lore. They are constantly willing to create new lore, that has no backing in current lore if it gets them light skinned blue eyed elves.

28 Likes

Just add High Dwarves and High Gnomes.

We don’t need anything else on the Alliance.

16 Likes

I think all the allied races deserve better lore than they got, and high elves should get more too.

They aren’t an allied race, so no need to give them better lore like the allied races!

5 Likes

(Statement): Not really? The request for darker skin tones was a High Elf thing to be honest, typically by bringing up the inclusion of Half-Elf customization options being lumped into them as an Allied Race.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/436485489642569728/674588075019730954/images_2.jpeg
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/329725237438578688/497559136259801088/HighElfMockup.jpg

(Commentary): I don’t see it as a compromise to suggest new lore. There are suggestions for new directions, not changes to existing lore.

25 Likes

What is that? Is it just a Gnome with a step ladder?

10 Likes

Mechagnomes with extendolegs?

4 Likes

High elfs…puff, puff ,pass

4 Likes

Careful before we declare blue eyes as confirmed. While I think its a 99% chance at this point, dataminers found eye colors and had to painstakingly apply them to the Blood Elf model to see what they’d look like. Can’t confirm it just yet

God I hope so.

7 Likes

Can you show me the lore that would support high elves having darker skin tones but not blood elves?

4 Likes

They look like Japanese anime characters with disproportionate eyes lol

1 Like

Mechagnomes can become High Gnomes by Jacking On.

11 Likes

Did you break robo gnome?

No command prompt? Do you need to be sent in for service?

2 Likes

The idea behind this isn’t so much that it’s established lore as it would’ve been a lore-friendly development.

Half Elves, being half human, could’ve had more human-like skin tones to show that they’re part human. That idea’s kind of been thrown out now

2 Likes

They have long pointy ears and blue eyes.

And they talk about how their magic is superior to everyone else’s.

1 Like