Elemental shamans in war within be like:

7 Likes

Upgraded from static to that one spark that flies out of that one dodgy outlet when you plug stuff into it.

Moving on up in the world at this rate you might be able to keep cattle fenced in next year!

1 Like

Tuning is irrelevant until whatever changes are implemented.

7 Likes

Shamans in the greater world are suppose to be those who can deal with the elementals. So maybe it would be fun if there was a WoW expansion that took us back to the early days of Azeroth when elementals were running the show.

We had a little of that when chasing Chromie through time during the bronze dragon quest of DF. Final fight scene in that quest line was back when the elementals were fighting something or other.

Anyway, that could be a Thrall release and shamans could be the class of choice.

2 Likes

You sure went from “shaman need to stop asking for stuff” to “lets ask for even more stuff” really fast.

Now remember, you believe shaman shouldnt get anything because they are allegedy a lesser played class.

5 Likes

This actually worries me a lot for Elemental, because it would make no sense to me to send such a masive universal buff live right before making any substantial enough changes to adequately address players’ actual concerns with the spec’s abysmal design and gameplay.

This feels like evidence that Elemental is about to remain completely stagnant.

2 Likes

No I didn’t. I never said shamans need to stop asking for stuff. What I said was that I’ve had experience working in large corporations on large software projects and I tried to explain to you what might be going on. But all you can see was either “shaman good” or “shaman bad”.

It’s the “curse of the moderate”. When you are talking to an extremist on either wing tip you are either 100% with them or they hate you. They only hear what they want to hear.

I said very clearly that I wished Blood Elves had the shaman because I’d like to play one. I said that over and over. But you never saw it. You only saw my explanation of why someone might not want to do the development you wanted done and that was enough. I was labeled an extremist against you event though I wasn’t.

3 Likes

Whats cool is we can quote

In a thread about “no more shaman changes?” this was your lead off response

You then followed it up with talking about how you felt not enough people played shaman for Blizzard to bother.

So no, you did not merely say that you wished Blood Elves had shaman.

You very clearly were saying that this is the wrong time to ask for changes. The implication is to stop asking for changes…because nothing will get done. its the wrong time. You followed it up with “but well i dont even think enough people play shaman for blizzard to bother”

You werent there as some moderate voice of reason. You werent there as some “I am merely saying blood elves should be shaman”.

7 Likes

Elemental was doing tank level DPS in beta.

This buff is mostly so people can actually play elemental in beta so Blizzard can collect data on it. Things will almost certainly change when tuning passes happen.

2 Likes

To be fair, elemental was unplayable because they were doing tank DPS in beta and no one was feeling good at all.

1 Like

Yeah but then I said I wanted to play a Blood Elf Shaman.

Pick those cherries and be sure to keep quoting everything I say out of context.
That’s the bread and butter of extremism.

Weren’t you going on and on about how shamans aren’t getting anything because ppl don’t play them, not a popular class so blizzard was moving on. You lucky I can’t use memes here….

4 Likes

Are you saying you did not say those things?

Because it definitely sounds like you are trying to cherry pick your own statements.

4 Likes

I was giving an example to help explain how software development groups work. I was trying to help you understand what goes on “behind the curtain”. But you couldn’t care less.

All you care about is the extremist test.

If you are 99% with me? What’s the matter with you?
If you are 98% with me? You are evil.

Now keep ignoring the fact that I said all along I would like to play a Blood Elf Shaman. Remember, there’s black and white and no such thing as a shade of grey.

I don’t know what you wanting to play Blood Elf Shaman has to do with you saying Shaman shouldn’t receive changes because they’re not popular enough.

3 Likes

Your examples apparently lacked experience on the topic, as they were shown to be irrelevant.

I didnt ignore it.

You werent with me at all

You were showing zero empathy. You were just giving your “experience” on why shaman should accept nothing.

You wanted to speak as a position of authority, using your experience. While your experience has been shown to be completely useless on the topic.

But hey. You want blood elven shaman, which I think are a horrible idea. But that means you are 98% with me.

3 Likes

I can explain how your brain works with one of my fingers…. Wanna guess which one?

Dawg stop it…. Don’t ask anything for shamans…. You a traitor.

What are the chances that Shaman are less complicated after this rework?

Outside of enhance, isnt the complaint that they are too simplified though?

Ele is lavaburst spam.

Resto is reactive with few differing healing mechanics

I think clunky is the word. But they do have a ton of short term buffs, and damage windows and damage procs to track. Resto is pretty simple, but missing some important tools.