Drums are not the problem. You are

Then they should not go.
They are all meta-slaves that can’t decide for their own.

If the amount of people that do not want to go LW simply don’t go, it won’t be a problem.

What they want is Blizzard to make this choice for them.

That’s almost literally the definition of meta.

So yea, to be meta or not to be meta. I assume you were a casual in classic that didn’t take engineering, didn’t camp world bosses, didn’t help clear the Tribute clears but certainly logged on just in time to be annoying in discord while asking for summons to get your precious buffs.

Just be meta or not. You can doooo eeeet.

You sure are saying a lot about “meta”. Why don’t you stop hiding behind your lvl 11 priest and tell us what you played in classic. I would love to know how you progressed throughout classic.

2 Likes

So you resort to ad hominem to instead discussing the topic? Why make this about me, instead coming back with adult arguments about Drums and so?

Can’t? OK.

You never gave me a chance? and now you are using ad hominem just because you saw it in another thread…It is very simple to understand. Drums got popular in Sunwell. There were many dps checks in the raid. Many guilds started using this to down bosses. This became and issue. Blizzard saw this. Then in Wrath, they changed it. I wonder why. Blizzard didn’t want this kind of mechanic to me a mandatory necessity to raiding. If it took blizzard all of one raid to see this, and change it. Why do we want to deal with it all of TBC??? Why? Whats the point? Classic TBC will never be what it was back in the day. Just the same reason why Classic was never the same as it was years ago. We change in how we play games. Min/Max is a think in the wow community. We as a player base created this Min/Max monster. But a mechanic that was in the game for 1 raid. Then changed for the good of the game. Why would we want this broken system to last the entire duration of TBC? Did I resort to ad hominem in this post?

And now I will resort to ad hominem because I am trying go figure out why you are so against drums getting changed. Once again, you talk a lot about meta, I would like to know what you played in classic and if you cleared all content. Because if you took the meta route and played a warrior/rogue/mage. Then I find it funny due to your stance on drums.

I believe I did, OK?

2 Likes

Thanks for making my point - that people have nothing but lame excuses for why drums have to be nerfed.

I don’t understand why people are still engaging with this person.

They have already decided their position, nothing you say will impact them so why bother?

1 Like

Individuals aren’t the problem but the overall group mentality. Sure not every guild will require them many will. People will follow the meta not just to have the highest numbers but because they want to ensure their raid spot. Even if the guild is fine with people not having drums it could be a hidden mark against you.

It was the same way with world buff meta. People didn’t like the meta but still did it because they worried if they didn’t their raid spot would be at risk.

Now, this is an interesting point. It may actually force some people to think outside the box instead of being nose deep into their FAQ and how to videos.

From what I can tell, the “how to guide” did guilds no favors entering Naxx. And they continued to bang their heads against the same wall without thinking why.

1 Like

All i know is im gonna throw up if any PUG requires drums lol.

1 Like

With pre nerfed raid bosses and without an optimised raid comp (hunters, locks, spriests shamans and paladins) gl progressing without the advantage drums grant.
With a scuffed raid comp it ironically makes drums more crucial since you won’t have big pumpers essentially nerfing the bosses with their strong dps class stacking.

No, I was the guy that was an engineer, and summoned to world bosses, AQ, MC, Naxx, had legion of mage alts loaded up with water, and helped to get world buffs on everyone.

It was not fun, or memorable gameplay.

2 Likes

Drums weren’t even used till like literally beginning of t6 for most people. Get outta here with that nonsense.

3 Likes

“World buffs aren’t mandatory! Just don’t use them!”

And yet, not using them puts you at a disadvantage. And a majority of guilds required them or at least recommended that you get them. (and would pass you up for loot if you didn’t get them)

Same deal here. Not using drums is just putting you at that much of a disadvantage. And as others have said, it’s just so much more of a bonus than any other profession provides.

2 Likes

The problem with so many “how-to” guides is that they’re often riddled with inaccuracies when made by people that haven’t actually screwed around with the fight to actually make a relevant guide, or they spend 20-min in a monotone manner firing off mechanic after mechanic.

Videos and written guides need to be aimed at the individual player PoV, not the full dungeon guide run-down garbage.

• Section for DPS generally
  • Section for Tanks generally
  • Section for Healers generally
  • Section for role-agnostic special considerations
  • Subsection for unique DPS requirements, if they only pertain to limited folks
  • Subsection for unique Tank requirements, same if
  • Subsection for unique Healer requirements, same if

So many fights can be explained to a general DPS class in about 10 sec and nothing else needs to be said. Go to your section(s), be done. Only the raid leader or role leaders really need to do more.

With the possibility of new drums strategies, weaving stack/spread timings will be very neat IMHO.

I’m so excited!

Well world buffs are way more dps than drums will ever be.

2 Likes

ButWhy.gif

The WoW devs of 2007-2008 didn’t think they were a problem. 2021 Blizzard thinking they know better…how’s that working out so far?

1 Like

There is a wide range of nerfs we could be talking about.
The biggest nerf was after Blizzard removed World Buffs, buffed consumables a bit.

This nerf can’t be reverted unless they enable World Buffs, and they won’t do it since we’re getting 2.4.3 patch.

So, if we’re getting the pre-Black temple version of SSC/TK, it will e just fine.

you’re talking like drums are like world buffs, and you’re wrong right here.

Drums were never crucial or necessary. Get your facts straight.

They weren’t mandatory. But they made people kill an entire raid tier with green gear in less than one hour.

So, please, show me a group of people in green gear roflstomping through the Tier 4 because of drums.

Not using drums do not put you in a disadvantage. you can’t be seriously comparing 80 haste rating with the full stack of world buffs that are more powerful than the gear you had.

Players are making it a problem. I think that during the course of developing TBC Classic, devs will get their head back in the right place and let it be like it was.

They literally balanced sunwell around drums. Not a single kill of Kil’Jaedan was logged prior to any nerfs that didn’t include drums. Try again.

1 Like