Drums are not the problem. You are

This 100%, people defending drums in it current state are just casual andys. Content in a 15 year old game isn’t hard. But every non casual cares about parsing. Requiring LW to parse is just silly, and on top of that you must stack on each other till the ZA patch.

1 Like

If that’s your thing, go for it. I haven’t been a hardcore raider since T7 in WotLK. If it’s thst competitive to raid with that group, I’m not interested.

Yeah you can still parse individually, but your guild run will be flagged. So if 1 person had it and you did something like a server fastest run it wouldn’t count.

Lol people still spongebob meme?

2017 wants their meme back

Actually you can have it both ways. The raid can min-max by having a 5 LWers (1 per party), but using drums gives everyone the debuff.

There, you now have it both ways. Not that hard, is it?

You can do it without having the debuff. It just requires you for having the guts of not rolling LW. But hey, you don’t have a choice as you’re a min-max/meta slave. Unless blizzard changes it, you will be drumming.

See. The problem is not the drums. It is the players mindset like yours.

Good memes are always relevant.

Oh, how naive you are.

IF you want to be in a half way decent raiding guild. YOU Will need to be a leatherworker. OR they will replace you. End of story.

Drums are a terrible design feature of TBC. Nothing you say changes that fact. WOW is a min-maxing game. IT always has been and always will be.

It’s amazing to me, that people like you exist who always try to flip the script and defend bad design decisions by the developers. It’s almost like you have no concept of reality.

Exactly, it’s nothing serious, yet DPS without world buffs got benched for ones with.

Exactly how it will be for LW.

How do people still post deluded stuff like this after we’ve seen how metas dictate community action not just over the last 15 years of retail, but AGAIN in the last 1.5 years of classic?

Maybe it gives them a sense of power to go against the meta. Same way those people who shout “Screw the man” and wear Anarchy symbols think they’re sticking it to the big corps only to find out they really just are hindering themselves as the people they are allegedly fighting haven’t even noticed em.

The difference between you and I is I am realistic about how the player base will react to it.

Your stance is just “Just don’t use them!” That is the same argument people use against people who are anti-flying. “Just use your ground mount!”

It’s a boring, tired, cliched argument.

So, you didn’t like the fact that EVERYONE on the original drums post called you out on your BS and responded by creating your own post? Wow. GG

T7 was never hardcore. It was entry level. Ok three drakes, but I doubt you did that when it was current.

I did. Then I decided raiding 3 nights a week was a waste of time and found other things to do.

Tell that to every retail player who swaps covenates, professionis, race changes just to get an extra % in dmg. Your mindset is left in 2000, you need to get with the times.

2 Likes

You are assuming ALL retail players do this.

In fact, they all don’t. Many do, but that is beside the point.

I agree with Thereza that all of this, world buffs, fear over drums, and what not are a player created issue.

The player base HAS the power to say . . just stop.

And to the guy a few back that said if you want perfect parses. . ROFL. . . Play the game man. You don’t have perfect parses, it’s impossible. . and it doesn’t matter.

TLDR: We do not want to take personal responsibility for ourselves and our behavior, so we will just get mad and blame a company that makes a game. :slight_smile:

<3 ya all

1 Like

The Drums meta will still affect players who decide not to go LW.

It’s naive to suggest that, “jUsT nOT dOInG iT” will just make the problem evaporate.

It will be harder for you to get a raidspot if you’re not a LW, and the price of leather will skyrocket because the weak drums will still be meta and cost more resources.

This increased demand for leather will mean that bots are going to be farming Nagrand 24/7 until phase 5

This is a serious issue that will affect many parts of the game, and Blizzard’s “fix” was worse than doing nothing.

1 Like

Retail is different. Let me draw it for you. Players had the same class on each covenant (4x same class).
Tanks had all tanks geared with at least one of the best covenatns.

Retail players are on a min-max mindset that would blow your mind away.

So, please, do not compare retail with TBC. TBC is far more easy and friendly game. People are making it a nightmare with this drums hoax that people can’t even explain why they want it to be nerfed with honest words (aka: I want to be in a competitive guild but I don’t want to be competitive).

This conversation never existed back in 2007, 2008, 2009. This is a problem you guys are making, because honestly, you can’t live a day by without making problems out of the blue.

We are talking about a profession consumable that increases your DPS and also the DPS of your group, and people are freaking out because they “feel obligated” to have it (while there is not obligating them at all to have it), with flying, which is by design, necessary to play in Outland.

I agree. Please step up with some meaningful and adult arguments to this.

In what? In a top parse guild? Yeah. If you wanna play for logs you definitely need Drums. If you don’t wanna go for it, then you don’t need it.

Just chose better the guild you want to play. If you can’t find a guild that doesn’t require drums, I see a lot people here that do not like drums.

My suggestion:

Make :clap: your :clap: own :clap: guild :clap: and :clap: make :clap: LW :clap: not :clap: required.

1 Like

I have no problem going LW, and I am. I would say a majority of players do not want to go LW on their mains.