Don't Talk in Battlegrounds

Sorry to tread on the PvP side, but quoting me summoned me. I might be able to help explain how the GMs review that sort of thing.

Calling someone a pig, as that statement kind of implies, may be seen as an insult/trolling/being toxic. GMs would have all the logs attached to the report to make their decision off of. Blizzard has been pretty determined to remind folks to be polite around strangers in public chats/groups. Save the inside jokes for friends who won’t report you.

How rude of them! Not my sort of tea either. Unfortunately Blizzard will not accept VODs or anything else from players directly. They only use their own game logs and records. Right click report captures the name, server, chat channel, time, and chat logs for review. That is the only way to report someone in WoW and the only evidence they accept. Sadly some people would fake videos or screenshots for malicious reasons :frowning:

So far, there is no AI watching what we do and say in WoW. The rules apply across the board, but if you are talking in private with friends who won’t report you, Blizzard would never know. They are not actively looking for violations with some sort of AI.

2 Likes

It doesn’t. The feasts in BGs are a roast pig on a platter.

I suspect though, that Eloisone isn’t being entirely forthright about the full reasons for their being reported.

I honestly dont understand how it works, the report system and all, so just to be safe I never say a Peep… Friends in RBGs the other night I know multiple people who are silenced in game because of talking in shuffle matches. They say they said nothing rude or offensive…

I dono, better safe than sorry, MUMMS the word.

2 Likes

So, we find out that you’re really toxic to your team and you’re surprised that you were actioned?

4 Likes

I never said I wasn’t. I was shocked that such a mundane thing as “eat pig” was a contributing factor to the overall account action.

Go ahead and explain the others though

1 Like

I strongly suggest you edit out the masked profanity and other slurs, as well as insults. Player use of profanity, or masked profanity, has never been allowed in WoW.

That stuff is very much against the game code of conduct which extends to the forums as well. I realize trash talk is part of PvP, but we still can’t break the chat rules.

Nobody is “offended” really. They just realize it is not appropriate for the game and report it. Never ever give people something to report by taking bait and getting upset. You control your fingers so just avoid typing that stuff.

There is no AI system, and the quote grabber that used to pull some snippits of the reported chat is not even working right now. It used to let GMs easily attach it to the email, but it was grabbing unrelated stuff so they are not currently using that tool. I would wager your experience was quite some time ago if the tool was still working.

There are certainly tools that automate things! Like the code that grabs the report info when you report. Computers make a lot of things more time effective and efficient. More accurate too.

They don’t have some AI scanning our chats though, learning from us, waiting to pounce. Just keep the more colorful chat to private groups where you won’t get reported, or Discord which is not subject to Blizzard code of conduct.

5 Likes

The inference being that the rest of your team is bad, so they should be playing something else.

Another inference to team mates being bad.

Being at the top of the scoreboard in a Battleground is not an indicator that you’re doing the correct things to secure a win and challenging the rest of your team by referencing the scoreboard is another inference that they are bad.

Two wrongs do not make a right. That they called you bad does not give you the right to call them bad in return, all it gives you is an opportunity to report them.

5 Likes

And then get reported and act surprised that you were reported.

2 Likes

Didn’t used to. People used to have a backbone, but now everyone wants to be a victim (detracting from actual victims) and feel like they were the ones done wrong. I see it a lot at work rofl

2 Likes

Yes well, we all know where that poison is seeping in from.

1 Like

SOO true!!! Gaming culture has completely changed over the decades. The WoW kids all became working dads aka whales with expendable income lol. The younger crew that came in is soo passive aggressive ruthless, they use automated systems as a way to remove competition, silence opposing views, its crazy town lool.

Unless its friends in discord I gots game chat off, they might as well be NPCs to me lol.

OH and dont forget the GLAD crew, younger wow players that dropped out of college to play wow full time catering to all the Whales with expendable income, aka RMT boosters lol. They really think that stream money, and selling glad mounts will fund them into retirement lol.

1 Like

Probably the best way to be. Ironically when I’ve joined discords in say pug Rated Battleground the ones that say nothing in game are the most vocal and insulting people around. At least that’s what I’ve found.

Don’t know much about that but does not surprise me.

3 Likes

heres my first cs thread about this subject and it answers alot of the questions still being asked

rip my homelander rp tmog

OH YEAH!!! Alts just getting in some fun joining different RBG groups in disc hoping for some wins, some are ETREMELY TOXIC! Nasty lil buggers!

Guild RBGs the only way to go, if you bring in a Pugger that nasty they get muted n booted lol.

My 2 time experience with blizzard cs goes something like “gets auto silenced” and then opens the email expecting a reason why and usually there is nothing.

For whatever reason they don’t believe they should need to provide your chat logs for the reason for your silence just a copy paste “you violated our chat guidelines” and thats as far as it goes.

Then you open a appeal ticket and after a 2 day average wait time maybe longer (lol) You get the classic automated response and i know its automated cause streamers as well as 100’s of other people all have screen shots off word for word the exact response all for diferent offenses.

Then you keep pushing to try get a actual human being to review it and then sometimes very rarely you can get one and get appealed or what happens 90% of the time is you get another automated response that says “yada yada yada we looked at it if you try to contact us again we’ll either extend it or perma ban you”.

Basically as close to a “screw off” as you can get legally as a company. so yeah not to great of a experience.

1 Like

They used to show the reason. I think a lot of the auto suspensions / silences were being repealed and because people had the disclosure of what they were reported for they could successfully argue their case so Blizz scrapped it.

Too real, I would rather they just come out and say that then the beat around the bush. I guess this is what the world will come down to in the end

Hard times create strong men, strong men create easy times, easy times create weak men, weak men create difficult times.

I think we are in the easy times / weak men times :rofl:

Using response templates does not mean it’s automated. The wording is the same because the GM assigned to review the cases picks from a response template.

It’s interesting how it’s always the same people complaining about being reported, getting account actioned by AI, getting AI responses to appeals, complaining about mass reporting, etc.
Almost like the people who can’t control what they say in-game keep breaking the rules and can’t accept that they are the problem. No, it must be everyone else who is to blame. It must be that others don’t have a “backbone”, or that it’s AI handing out account actions, or that it’s AI responding to appeals.

It can’t just be the simple fact that saying toxic things in violation of the ToS gets you actioned, could it? Nah, that would be way too simple of an answer.

3 Likes

I think this is the first thread I have complained about the AI CS. Also I have not created a thread about it, I know Blizz wont listen, they will just continue about it

It literally is. You should see some of them irl, the same type that scream defund the Police are the first to call Police when they feel they are a victim or confronted with their speech

I’m open about calling others bad when it is warranted. Im top dmg / objectives but im also learning the class and am generally a trash player ? give me a break

Completely subjective of what constitutes a violation of ToS. Case in point " Eat Pig, you get more hp" blizz AI reply.

In a game where you kill, cause genocide, skin animals, bathe in blood, kill innocent whales, watch a troll get his faced smashed in by Anduin (BFA cinemative) Blizz draws the line at the word “pig”.

Pathetic.

1 Like

L M A O there are people making 200k who still cant afford retirement.

And unless you are a asmongold tier streamer you are not even anywhere close to that plus all a lot of them think all it takes to stream is just a webcam but nobody is going to watch someone with a dull as dishwater personality.

So that plan is already cooked.

2 Likes

Stealing this comment for later ty! :rofl:

3 Likes