Don't Talk in Battlegrounds

If you tell the group they’re throwing a game in a Solo’s RBG, you’ll get a warning lmfao. PvP is a joke these days.

33 Likes

Well they are objective because it would be insane to police case by case.

There is so much toxicity that i don’t mind if some of these fellers eat some warnings though I do feel for you if that what got you one.

I mean even winning games we have ascii and dudes with x at the end of their name insulting and calling people names in randoms it’s insane :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You get a warning if you’re reported. That part is automated.
But if you didn’t actually break any rules, nothing will happen. In fact if someone is caught abusing the report feature, THEY could be the ones getting in trouble.

Anyone can report anyone for any or no reason, it doesn’t mean it will lead to any account actions.

Yea you kinda cant cuss and rage at everyone there and expect not to get a warning…that is pretty much the only way you would have happen what you claimed to have happened to you in this thread. No one likes a toxic group lead.

3 Likes

its not even about cursing. any little slight people get in their feelings and report you instead of trying to fix what’s wrong.
bgs are a competitive environment and people should be able to tell others they’re doing it wrong.

20 Likes

I talk all the time and I’ve not had action on my account since BC

6 Likes

me to a bad pug group: “go do something else besides ruin my bgs”

-warning message-

6 Likes

agreed, I got a 15 day ban because someone didnt like my guild name. I miss the old days before blizz was found to be morally bankrupt.

23 Likes

I was attacking the FC while someone was complaining that we weren’t killing it, I replied “I’ve been on it the whole time but it would help if it wasn’t just me and one other guy trying to do it while half the enemy team is on D.”

The guy snapped back that there were six people attacking our FC. I passed one enemy as I ran into the flag room at that time and counted 4 people including the their FC waiting to cap and it was just me and a warrior trying to kill the enemy FC.

1 Like

Usually I hit everyone with very passive speech.

Like “that was an impressive failure there” and In m+ “I understand nobody knows what they are doing…but try this”.

It’s just when you are giga aggressive and assertive that is when they have the problem.

2 Likes

The system will ban you for mass reports. Happened in TBC when a specific group of people mass reported OCE R1s and they were dqed out of R1.
It still happens.

1 Like

No, it does not happen anymore. You get a temporary silence if you get reported by a lot of people but you receive no account action until an actual human looks over the reports.

And I know someone will bring up the “but that streamer had all their followers report them for nothing and then they got banned for it!” but that streamer got banned for abusing the report system.

1 Like

When do people ever get temporary silences?

And yes, it does still happen, take it from me; I’m very experienced in telling people a strat in all chat, writing strat essays through the game & getting a 7 dayer.
Also, supported by people I know involved and experienced with the system and it’s AI.

But also it’s written out in the warnings too.

No, if you get a 7 day suspension you did something to cause it.
This happens every day in the CS forum whenever someone complains about a “false ban” over “nothing” it almost always turns out to be that they aren’t telling the whole story and a CS rep comes in with receipts about what they actually did.

2 Likes

Literally only way that anything is reviewed is repeated offenses or if you put the word manager/supervisor in a ticket.

Aside from the above, everything is automated. You don’t need to believe me, doesnt affect me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a huge difference between offering constructive criticism and just calling people names.

5 Likes

You just said you’ve been suspended over it before. It very much sounds like it affects you.

I’ve talked plenty in battlegrounds, but I try to either be respectful, or keep quiet. There’s no reason to be toxic to your team.

2 Likes

Okay I see the issue; someone can’t read.
You believing me or disbelieving me does not affect me.

Word content is not monitored unless a case goes to the extreme.

An assortment of asia plays mass spam report OCE rank 1s in TBC and dq’ed them for R1.

And somehow with structure changes & cuts happening inside the company makes you think that things are monitored more now than in 2021, thats just devoid of critical thinking.

Cope how you want.

2 Likes

No one was is raging or cussing, typing “Lol why are you all throwing? Do you not like winning?” was the only thing I said at that point in time in game, as I usually just listen to music or listen to a video in the background. So the fact you can get a warning for sarcasm is dangerous for the game and is probably the main reason you barely see any communication of any kind in a BG at all these days. People are afraid to talk cause you have professional reporters.

6 Likes

They suspended my chat privileges for a week lol it’s just the carebears coming over from m+ and the younger players.

Some of us grew up in barren chats so nothing phases us…like ever

16 Likes