Does anyone want Alterac Valley more like 1.6?

I like the sound of these changes from 1.8, though:

I would have loved 1.7 AV. As it stands I don’t really plan on setting foot in the battleground.

1 Like

Yes I’d much prefer 1.5 or even 1.7 AV

Blizzard choosing 1.12 AV which is basically the same as retail minus resources is the worst decision they’ve made for Classic thus far layering aside.

1 Like

I really don’t care for “but boring people who play the meta do this, so we have to dumb down the game for everyone” this is a terrible way to design a game & it’s especially why Classes are so pruned in retail WoW.

1 Like

Dude, everyone plays the game this way. We have been playing it that way since before 1.12. Players did not intentionally drag out AV matches for several days because they weren’t trying to win. We were trying to win, our tactics just sucked. Our tactics evolved to the point that we weren’t locked in a multi day turtle where the winner was decided by who was able to keep the most people logged on.

Like I said, I could care less which version we get, because it won’t matter. Part of me wishes they would give us 1.6 just so ya’ll could be proven wrong…Though I’m sure ya’ll would return here and complain about it not being the real 1.6 and that they nerfed it somehow.

You shouldn’t waste your time

They want Classic to be as easier and fast as possible because you understand, they have a life now they musn’t spend too much time enjoying a game etc…

They just want to consumme Classic like they do with BFA. So it’s convenient for them to have the 1.12 one where you just have to rush the boss as fast as possible and end this in 3-6 minutes.

1 Like

I prefer 1.12.

But if they wanted to phase in a “holiday AV” where once in a while you could do the original version, I’d be fine with that too.

Having just 1.6 version would repeat history. Everyone going “wow this is so cool” for six weeks or whenever they hit exalted and never going back.

Wrong, jfeel free to check my achievement if you don’t believe me. You seem to be forgetting that we are playing with 1.12 talents and knowledge. I agree 1.6 was a turtlefest, but as I said before, it has more to do with the fact that we didn’t know better.

I mention pservers because it is relevant to the discussion. Pservers use a version very close to 1.6. They have the minefields, they have the mobs, all the original quests, and they ignore it all.

As I have said many times now, I don’t care what we get, because the end result will be the same.

1 Like

I completely agree. I am one that does not have nearly as much time to play this time around, so a long AV will not be of much use to me.

One thought however, people do not need to play AV. It is OK for things ( such is battlegrounds ) to not be exactly the same. The homogeneous designed philosophy is what created the version of WoW we have today (think classes and such.)

I say let AV be different from the other battlegrounds. Let classes be different from one another. That is part of the most fun reasons to play.

To be honest i think that most people are going to use it for weapons and rep and less people are going to use it as a method to farm honor in Classic. Maybe thats just my perception of people now days but i think people want to take the most effective method to BIS or the best items they can get.

That is not to say that there wont be the off turtle, but more to say that outside of AV weekends, people will stick to WSG and AB because of groups and the lack of imbalance.

Not having the full AV experience isnjust like removing/abbreviating a dungeon.

been playing alot of the beta this weekend and the current AV is rather bland and very similar to retail which is disappointing.

the main reason any of the beta AV’s are taking longer than retail is because all the npcs are lvl 61 and the players are locked to lvl 58 making them harder. once people are lvl 60 it will be a complete rush fest again

i really wish they would revert AV to an earlier version of vanilla. we basically have this version already available in retail

5 Likes

I agree op.
Watching the classic live beta was extremely disappointing, even the streamers got bored and quit after a game or two.

Had it been an earlier version of AV with npcs I think stream numbers would have been through the roof.
But this was just another bg where players ran around doing little skirmishes, there was no classic spirit in it at all.

I seriously hope at some point we get AV with npcs, even if it’s added as a novelty side battleground.
To remove this classic av experience simply entirely is a huge blow to vanilla authenticity.

Even worse blizzards statement says they removed all the content in av because they felt NPCs and landmines were to difficult a challenge for players.

Let that sink in, it’s not that they can’t make the old av, but that they decided we as players are not competent enough to handle the content and they took it upon them self to choose the difficulty they wanted for us.

This is a terrible stance from blizzard, I thought in classic production we had moved past blizzards terrible compulsion of having to babysit players and nanny nerf content.

I am so tired of blizzard treating us like stupid children who they think can’t perform basic functions of a 15 year old video games.

11 Likes

Anyone who played Original AV wants Korrak, minefields, npc patrols - both mounted and on foot. They want heavily fortified towers/bunkers - requiring elite squads of the raid to capture, which vice versa could be defended with significantly less elite players due to the npcs being an actual threat.

We fondly remember logging in and joining an ongoing battle that could last for days, contributing what we could in however long our gaming session was, then vacating for another player to fill in when we needed a break. As it stands with the 1.12 version, the BG is a joke and sad shadow of authenticity.

There’s WSG and AB for the instant gratification crowds and lobby based style players. Many coming back are simply going to expect the proper AV experience, alot are coming back purely for it. We can only hope that this is sorted out, but hope is not enough so keep posting your concerns.

8 Likes

There was more pvp in the early versions, by a long stretch, compared to 1.11.

AV was not gutted to make it better, or to improve pvp. It was gutted so people could acquire MoHs faster.

But by all means, pretend that you were even playing the game back then. Parroting zyrius like a groupie sure is precious.

1 Like

Well put. Although I am uncertain about the last part. PvP people want PvP, which enabling zergs diminished.

It was changed to make it quicker to get MoHs. MoHs =loot.

1 Like

Yeah you and everyone else that didn’t actually play it and maybe the five guys from back then they didn’t cry endlessly on the forum’s about it. But i’m sure all five of them are in this thread lmao

Any previous patch would be an improvement. It’s absurd that they’re creating classic as a museum piece and leaving out the things that are iconic to it.

2 Likes

Sure, here you go.

1 Like

This post hit me in the feels. i’m really depressed they went with 1.12 AV.

7 Likes