Do people who falsely flag post

No because you can’t prove intent of false flagging.

That is a good point
What is appropriate to one person might be totally offensive to another
How do you “prove” inappropriateness :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

Which is what people do with the flag button now, so they really haven’t fixed anything at all, have they? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Semper Fi! :us:

1 Like

I once asked a question “Why are you suddenly offended by a lock pet after 15 years” and got flagged for trolling and had a week-long ban.

1 Like

Just if someone does it with several alts on the same post to grey it out. Have witnessed a few people in the german forums getting suspended for 7 days for it.

1 Like

With the problems this forum has… is it still possible to flag and bury a post with alts? Hard to think there is forum software that a company pays for that does that.

I’m curious now I’m going to test with my alts on my own post.

I mean… the starting post can be made invisible with alts. But not the thread and auto-bans don’t exist in the forums, just ingame.

yeah, i’ve made some posts that i thought for sure would get actioned and nothing happened. the one time i’ve actually been silenced it was for a completely innocuous post that rustled somebody’s jimmies. that’s how it goes :man_shrugging:

1 Like

They can, yes. But it usually takes a while for that to happen. I think they may keep a list and when you reach a threshold, that’s when they’ll hit you with a vacation. At least, that’s what I’ve gathered from hearing about it from some people around here.

Also, I still believe in this:

That’s not what’s happening. One of the blue guys in the german forums explained it a few months ago.
Single reports, even when they’re not really justified, are just ignored if the moderators think the post is harmless. They don’t have any lists. But when someone logs between his alts and mass-flag a post, then they see that and hand out suspensions.

1 Like

It baffles me that blizzard pays money for broken forum software. Discourse is robbing them with these forums bugs.

Sould never be able to flag with alts… muchless upvote yourself

Also not knowing what post is buried until they delete it is stupid

I was also banned once bringing up the fact i was in the military.

1 Like

And yet, that can’t be all of the details, since I’ve known a few people who don’t even have alts that got vacationed for false flagging.

You know for sure they don’t have any alts and just one single character? Maybe they were a bit ashamed for logging between alts and doing such silly stuff and then stated they got banned just for reporting someone.

I tend to believe my friends when they tell me stuff. Also: I’ve never seen them on a single other character on Bnet. And then I chastised them profusely for doing dumb stuff. lol

Edit: and that quote I have is specifically about false flagging. Here’s part of it:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/flagging-is-the-new-downvote/74299/85

That would still be clearly visible to the moderators, when someone randomly flags every post he can in a thread or every post of a specific person. After 7 flags or so there is a cooldown, but these flags would still be enough to mark something as intentionally.
What I mean is that the moderators don’t care if someone false-flags a single post, they don’t have a check list where they collect how often users have done that.

Until Blizzard changes their definition of trolling

there is no such thing as a false flag

2 Likes

I’m gonna say we have no idea and we’ve got instances of people being actioned for false flagging, along with a blue post saying it’s actionable.

You’re not wrong. It’s why I want the flagging system revamped entirely.

No one needs to know I have asystole, a case of flaming eyes, and chronic insomnia

It depends on what you mean.

If someone flags something they feel is trolling or inappropriate, and they do it once because they genuinely feel that way, then no. Nothing happens to them.

If someone hops on multiple alts to spam flag someone over and over again, then yes. That gets actioned.

1 Like