Community Toxicity needs to be dealt with

There’s a clear definition for Troll and Harassment. There is not one for Toxic, and even you skirt around it.

Hey, if you can’t beat the argument, just attack the arguer. I get it. It’s fine, but just realize you’ve cratered your own credibility. Enjoy your echo chamber.

You unfortunately don’t understand the fundamentals of a public discussion forum.

…and then they come and complain about it. I’ll never understand this.

1 Like

Key words “Public Discussion”. You walking in here and are the first in the thread to make personal insults. Lmao.

Self-awareness much?

Not here there isn’t :laughing:

The inclusion of the word “upsetting” means anything anyone could be upset about is trolling :weary:

While there may be some who’s nature is to be toxic, it is not overall humanity’s nature to be toxic.

The toxicity is rooted in the WoW culture due to lack of moderation. If this behavior was squashed as soon as it reared it’s ugly head, that would be the end of it.

But Blizzard isn’t going to put the money into proper moderation for this (or the bots, the outside advertising, ect) because they are not going to spend money on anything that does not come with a guarantee of improving their bottom line.

2 Likes

Being purposely antagonistic is a great way to devalue your own credibility.

1 Like

I think in the community it is widely accepted that someone who does things purposefully and with intent to inflame or upset someone is trolling.

And, I might add, perfectly illustrates my point. Whatever kind of person Straws is in real life, they’ve chosen to be toxic right here. Is it anonymity? Are they trying to prove a point? Is it amusing? Please, Straws, tell me why you’re being so toxic?

Oh man, you made this post, now the copium special forces are coming out of their caves lmao.

Toxic behavior is simply an environment that breeds abusive behavior that leads to unenjoyable and uncomfortable situations.

One person can ruin the fun for everyone. That can turn into a culture of toxicity when its normalized, to say it doesn’t exist because no defined definitions is just evading and deflecting.

M+ can be toxic for some. Because drumroll it was designed that way.

4 Likes

Good thing you came into this thread with your friendly two-liners.

Your behavior in this post has been childish at best.

1 Like

Yeah, I am toxic. Here you are adding nothing to the “public discussion” besides insults and 1-2 liners.

“childish”

Like I said, self-awareness much?

1 Like

That’s my definition :slight_smile: But these aren’t my forums and wow isn’t my game so I have to go off of Blizzard’s exceptionally well thought out definitions

1 Like

You’re an antagonistic player I have nothing to gain from even giving you any time. So you can’t police your own behavior, you are in a public forum acting antagonistic to anyone you come into contact with. Like I said you have nothing to offer at this point.

Anything can be toxic for “some” in WoW.

That isn’t really making any meaningful point.

You came in here and started replying to me, not the other way around.

I am antagonistic because I want OP and others to define a much overused term that has no definition and is literally a catch all?

I do agree with your earlier statement though

People use “toxic” like how Blizz’s definiton for Trolling works :rofl: it’s literally whatever bothers them

I say, just ignore both of them since they have absolutely nothing to add to my original post. They are just here to detract the conversation from any meaningful discussion. Trolling, at best.

1 Like