Do people who falsely flag post

Get any suspension themselves? Seems like people flag for the fun of it because there’s no repercussions.

2 Likes

Probably not, since the terms for the flags are so vague that you’d never be able to prove that anyone “falsely” flagged anyone unless they admitted as much. The only way you’ll get suspended for flagging is if you log onto multiple alts to flag bomb the same post.

2 Likes

No, because there’s no way to “prove” it. It’s a 1 sided system kind of like YELP. Lots of forum YELPERS giving bad reviews to posts for no reason, or because they are intellectually incapable of understanding the point of the forums is for discussion and feedback. So they get triggered and report instead of using their words.

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s just like a joke like I can imagine people are going to flag your thread because it would be funny to some people to see a thread about flagging people to be flagged
But some do it just out of spite I had a legitimate complaint when we were talking about Chapelle and Netflix and cancel culture and I brought up a legitimate point about reverse racism like the show lovecraft country doesn’t get canceled but it gets awards and it got flagged down real quick :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:
But for the most part I think it’s mostly done to get a laugh

1 Like

But Lovecraft Country did get canceled

If downvoting were brought back, I expect there’d be a lot less (putative) false flagging, but the whining and creebing about downvotes would be worse than that over false flagging.

3 Likes

Well I’m honestly glad to hear that I know it won awards but I’m glad to hear that it did get canceled
I like the actors in The show but it should’ve never been approved anything on the other foot would’ve never even gotten through the door but I’m glad you cleared that up for me :orange_heart:

Are used a jailbroke fire stick for years so I haven’t subscribe to Netflix Hulu or any of that stuff for years so thx again

It was a great show and shouldn’t have been canceled.

3 Likes

I think the flagging system can be improved.

Also, I don’t think there should even be an option to flag a thread for spam or trolling, because my god AT LEAST 50% or more of threads and probably 30+% of posts could potentially qualify for that flag.

We will have to disagree on that one :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Blizzard claimed at one point they act on accts but it’s clear they never do.

Wrong, i do this. Mind you i only flag actual issues but it stands to reason that doesn’t make any difference.

Yelps dumb enough on it’s own but i don’t like that you can google review or yelp doctors. It’s not really fair to them because due to HIPPA laws they aren’t allowed to respond AT ALL.

Well, then you’ve skated by so far. I know for a fact that they’ve given out suspensions for that before, and heavy ones.

1 Like

It has happened in the past that during disagreements one player has said they were reporting another - for disagreeing - and encouraged other readers to also report that player. The thread was removed and we didn’t see that poster again.

yeah it says right in HIPPO that doctors aren’t allowed to use the internet

3 Likes

HIPAA?

2 Likes

Blizzard states they get punished but I doubt it. Just like flagging with alts i wouldn’t be surprised if it rarely get punished.

1 Like

Doubtful. I’ve been suspended for making naughty jokes before. Told a paladin i’d pop his bubble like someone else popped something else (i’ll leave it to your imagination) I’m definitely not skating below the radar.

No… it states right in HIPAA that doctors cannot discuss medical issues due to privacy. This means legally they cannot reply AT ALL to a patient even if what the person is saying is completely false.

https://www.cdc.gov/phlp/publications/topic/hipaa.html#:~:text=The%20Health%20Insurance%20Portability%20and,the%20patient’s%20consent%20or%20knowledge.

Literally 10 seconds on Google. I’ll never understand how people can be so lazy and uniformed when we have basically limitless information at our finger tips. 50 years ago you’d have to drive to the library and look this up bud.

2 Likes

Come on. It was misspelled “HIPPA”, and another poster made a joke about “HIPPO”, so I gave the correct acronym.

2 Likes