Do people who falsely flag post

Your joke wasn’t clear. That was the lazy part of my post, all you have to do is type HIPPA and you get the correct acronym. shrug

I didn’t need to google it. I knew the correct spelling. I’m familiar with the program.

2 Likes

I would guess not unless the flag is so obviously just trolling.

Still wonder I couldn’t find anything on it. If going to court over libel (if blatantly false and made to damage business or rep) is applicable? Because as leaf pointed out there is very little a doctor can do over false claims… you can’t acknowledge (in public) that x was at your practice.

/facepalm. I’ll try one more time then i’m done. I’m saying the acronymn being 1 letter off doesn’t matter because anyone who isn’t familiar with it can find it with minimal effort. Your question mark after HIPAA, takes it from a joke to an inquiry. HIS was a joke, yours was ignorance. At least so it was portrayed.

Are there even human moderators on the forums? because I feel like it’s just certain words the trip a filter that gives people a vacation or too many flags and then the system reviews the words to see if it trips the filter
I had a three day vacation just because I was explaining to somebody what a homeless man said to me and I even was Deescalating the situation but for some reason it tripped the flag and I got a 3 day vacation for it so it is what it is I guess I’m not mad about it but I was just like WTF :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Yes to both. Ow forums get humans in them reaaal quick though if a human buries your post it’ll get the hidden message regardless if flagged or not.

Half of the fun is reopening tickets till I get a response that isn’t copy/paste

Yeah I was just wondering but I have seen some Insane threads carry on forever and never get shut down and then on other times it will be something very simple and it’ll just disappear :fox_face:
Thanks for clearing that up

true, but 100% of the time i see a ridiculous take like “HIPAA says it’s illegal for you to say ‘bless you’ when i sneeze!!!” the person misspells it as “HIPPA”. not saying that was your take, just riffing.

2 Likes

Doesn’t help there is the human element also… there are some threads that skirt the line… sooner or later it gets about as toxic as Fukushima and gets locked.

1 Like

I flagged you just to test it. lol

Blizzard should never have removed the option to dislike a post, nobody was “abusing” the dislike button, all they had to do was remove the bury function. Now we’ve got a heap of people using the report button as a pseudo dislike :roll_eyes:

Personally i think they removed it because their white knights were getting hammered, someone would make a post about something like flying, the white knight would defend Blizzard and then they’d get swarmed by dislikes until their comment was hidden lol

3 Likes

no instead we would see the return of mass downvoting of posts or people that the forums disagrees with/or hates masquerading as downvoting “trolls”. this was why blizzard removed it in the first place because people were incapable of intelligentially (wtb spellchecker)using it and instead used it as a weapon to get anyone they didn’t like buried or banned on the forums.

2 Likes

What do you mean wtb spellchecker?

Turn the spellchecker on in your browser. I get plenty of red squigglies if I type something it doesn’t recognize.

You want “intelligently” btw. And I would suggest not using words like that if you can’t find a way to spell them correctly because it definitely undermines the goal of the sentence.

You saw that Wow :rofl::rofl::rofl:

i meant to say autocorrecter these are usually included with spellcheckers in some form. i am not going to go look up the correct spelling for each and every word i misspell.

1 Like

Yes, you can if the person reaches the attention of Gm.

it still doesn’t invalidate the point because at that point your just being pedantic.

1 Like

They should after a warning. There’s a lot of grey areas for sure, but after you flag about five posts that aren’t actionable, you should have your flagging ability taken away at the very least.

I do not falsely flag void elf threads on purpose.