Do NOT Ban Boosting Communties!

Boosting is the product of the game having mounts and other shiny things locked in content that is challenging. Boosting will always be here as a result, it’s not really worth complaining about tbh.

also nice bait thread.

2 Likes

The point raised that lack of players actually playing the game and going through the MMORPG experience while instead bypassing it by boosting deserves its own thread.

Content in WoW MUST be fun, inspire players to actually play, be approachable, affordable, not be limited by needs of anything, and, above all, have replay and reward options even after months of being relevant content.

2 Likes

:thinking:

What would it mean if boosting was banned? :thinking:

That wouldn’t go away, just like people spam to sell gold people would continue to spam for boosts.

“They’ll get banned though Kaurmine”

And?

That’s the point of a throwaway account, to be thrown away :laughing:

From both a buyer and carrier point. What will boosters do if there was no one to carry?

crickets

Yeah nothing :laughing: They won’t just run raids for shiggles.

and people aren’t going to just say “oh boosting is gone guess I have to do it myself now”

I can’t think of any benefit to banning boosting besides those players that have a fetish for “earning” stuff.

Enough game to make certain people happy :man_shrugging: Which as it turns out is all that’s required of a game.

Whipping out the credit card for purples isn’t healthy for the game overall. It discourages friendships for convenience. I know it’s always been around, but it was more underground in the early part of the MMO.

12 Likes

The friendship ship sunk when we went full all realms for grouping. It destroyed all agency to make a meaningful connection with people. Boosting is the least of our worries in that regard.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve always thought it was weird that someone will pay to have someone else just cart their character along through dungeons and raids for whatever gear those things provide. Its like…you pay a sub, buy the game, buy the expansion and then you just…don’t play it. You pay to be carried and get things and…

What then? Next step along the way you do it again? I mean, why bother even paying for the game at all if you don’t intend to play it?

Sure I will admit, I was carried on a couple of occasions (if memory serves by one of the ‘charity’ groups that takes people through for the mount at the end) but even then, when I wasnt paying for it, I always felt a bit bad. And I did pay back in MoP for a couple of carries to get some heirlooms off Garrosh for my alts to level up with. Even that caused a bit of guilt but it was only way to get those heirlooms (which I still think to this day was a bad idea to lock heirlooms away like that).

But doing it constantly, like using god codes in a single player game so you win without any personal effort…it’s just weird.

9 Likes

Why even play the game if you’re not going to sink any effort?

Never understood the booster mentality.

22 Likes

I doubt they have a problem with those who charge in game gold. RL money is surely against the TOS.

I highly doubt these boosting communities are clean from RMT. If they want to ban boosting that’s probably why. It’s not like they just go look at all this gold! isn’t it pretty? There’s very little besides your sub and maybe the occasional new release that’s worth spending gold on in game and boosters make millions a month.

1 Like

Some player put effort but on the AH or making gold otherways, not everything is related to WoW token, the idea of gold for a service or help comes from Vanilla when someone paid a Mage for a portal or for a carry on a dungeon, And it has roots on the roleplay because the player with gold its just doing a bribe, asking better adventurers for help…etc

However, from another pov, the satisfaction of doing things on your own is really good, all depends on the player mentallity.

I don’t see the logic. If they ban boosting you actually have to, you know, put in a little effort. It would actually give you something to do other than whip out your wallet and promptly do nothing but pet battle.

Folks that don’t want to extend the effort can just continue to pet battle.

lol

3 Likes

Maybe of Blizzard had put the effort needed into the current in game content to get it to be fun and exciting for players to challenge it without trying to lazy play their way past lazy play design content?

2 Likes

Banning boosting? How they gonna differentiate between boosting and guild boosts?

1 Like

Hire GMs again.

2 Likes

Haha. Blizz will never do that. That might delay Mikey from purchasing his first yacht. He needs all the money he can get in order to catch up to old Bobby boy. Think of the yacht! :cry:

If a small team (3-4 people) went around buying boosts from ads in trade, discord, various sites, etc, the more prolific communities and non-guild providers could be taken care of pretty easily, especially if the team members made efforts to make their characters not easily distinguishable (rotating names, copying gear+builds from other random real characters, etc).

Whether they would actually do that or not is another matter, but if they really wanted to curb boosting that would be an option.

I remember multiboxers using the same arguments as you when they prohibited most parts of it. Multiboxers who aggressively farmed the map for herbs predicted that the economy would be in ruins after the changes and that tons of players would quit altogether because of that.
But in the end the changes made parts of the game absolutely more enjoyable.
I don’t care that much about boosting, but it really shouldn’t have been such a huge and professional business in the first place that’s aggressively advertised ingame. If some players really depend on boosts and are not just lazy they could still ask other guilds or small groups to boost them, because as the rumors state, this would still be allowed.

2 Likes

There’s more to the game than stuff you pay boosters to do for you :slight_smile:
What if someone has no intentions of ever being a great PVPer or they just hate PVP altogether but they saw the elite set and fell in love and wanted it?
They play the game they just don’t PVP.

1 Like

But luckily not all so I can still multibox daily :heart: