Did I get into the full classic beta or not?

There is another stress test coming in June. As for the actual Beta, it has been said they are winding those down right now. I wouldn’t hold my breath though.

Nope, you just have to be opted in and have an active account.

They also added a second stress test for this month. It’s on the 29th from 2-4pdt.

1 Like

Ohh, didn’t know that.

They just added it late yesterday I think :wink:

1 Like

The CS department has NOTHING to do with the beta and the invite process.

3 Likes

If the Devs decide to choose your account, they will mark it.

All questions about Classic should be asked in the Classic forum. That is one of the purposes of it.

3 Likes

RNG you say? I immediately opted in after i seen the message probably no more than 3 mins after they announced classic beta opt-in…but pikaboo,maldiva and cdew (ofcourse streamers why not) opted in a day or two later…and they all have invited and majority of the people i talk to still dont have any…thats not RNG their accounts are flagged and preferred.

3 Likes

/sigh

Because the streamers was already pre-selected, there are PLENTY of non streamers in the Beta, and THOSE are randomly selected. The CS forums is not to the place to complain about it, you’ll want to do that on the Classic forums and there are plenty of those threads there to choose from.

5 Likes

Yes, it is well known that the Friends and Family of Blizzard and the Influencer groups are on a separate invite list. If you get tens of thousands of followers you can be on it too. Marketing and the hype streamers generate is naturally preferred because it promotes the product. Kind of economics and advertising 101.

For the rest of the players, it is an RNG lottery based on who opted in. It had nothing to do with who opted in first and never has.

This Beta is one of the most restricted I have seen though. Even the F&F lists and Influencer lists are TINY this time.

12 Likes

So I logged into the Classic client, and have 3 different servers. One for alpha, one for beta pve, and one for beta pvp. Is just what everyone sees or did I actually get a beta invite? Is there any sure fire, specific way to tell if I did or didn’t get an invite?

Wait till the servers are back up and see

That sounds like beta. \o/

1 Like

Ok where to start, where to start.

For the most part, yes. I say for the most part because the dev team has certain criteria they look for. Let us say an extremely top end machine is criteria A. Let us say a machine barely making minimum specs is criteria B. The devs are going to want (made up numbers here so chill) let’s say 5% top end users and 8% bottom users. Let’s say you are a top end machine. This increases your chances as you will check off a specific criteria they are looking for. This could be any number of things Nvidia card. AMD card. Certain type of processor. They need specific things tested on the backend we don’t even know about. Kind of a mini stress test if you will

So true story. Didn’t know there was a classic opt in. Did you know a Wow opt in was enough. I didn’t opt in to classic until a day or so later, got in with the second batch of invites. Also, I have never streamed or uploaded a YouTube video.

But let’s talk about that AGAIN for a second. First let’s talk your perception. You perceive streamers as taking all the invites because you… Gasp… Watch streamers play. You have created a false positive that only streamers get in within your own mind. I assure you, there are a lot… A LOT more of us than them in the beta.

Now, let’s talk about streamers and content creators. They get their invites from marketing. Do you want to know why? They reach SO many people that are already watching them. They generate hype, for free I might add, that the marketing department could never tap into. Marketing could create the very best campaign in the history of campaigns, but if your favorite streamer or creator has some reservations, I guarantee people subconsciously factor that in.

Conversely if they say they like it, marketing literally has to do nothing to entice you. At all. Seems like a pretty good investment to me.

Well keep a stiff upper lip. You and the majority you talk to still might get an invite. But excluding an specific criteria wanted by the devs, and excluding marketing, it is indeed RNG

1 Like

Not necessarily. As far as I know, I’m not in the beta but I’m now showing those realms as offline if I try to log in.

/runs off to double check my e-mail

Edit: Nope, pretty sure it’s just what we see now from being flagged for the Stress Test.

It seems to be a visual bug. Odds are when the Beta realm comes back up those who were invited to the Stress Test only will not have access. We’ve forwarded the information up to have it looked into.

6 Likes

Hello i see 3 servers now too after stress test, can you please see if ive been chosen? no email yet

1 Like

Vrak just stated that it’s being looked into and that it’s likely a visual bug.

2 Likes

is there a chance that from the people stress test, they sended a couple beta invite after it ?

hoping and praying

Really??? Really???