Diamond Flask's HP5 snapshots

It is coming: “blizz if you fixed this u have to fix druid shapeshift breaking deviate delight pirate form bcuz this game is unplayable if I can’t do cat fite deeps as a pirate”

3 Likes

Theloras thread, yay!

2 Likes

Dang this guy is bigmad.

1 Like

If this trinket was alliance only, it would be “fixed” within the week.

We’ll see how this plays out since both factions can get it.

3 Likes

I mean, it’s all real cute and all, but you’re definitely not going to top Vael healing with even 200hps. And 1000 healing is pretty unrealistic. Most actual healers dont have anywhere near that. You could probably hit 500-600 pretty easily but that’s barely 100 hps/65 tps. Doesnt really seem worth collecting all that healing gear outside of maybe a few fights

this is why everyone thinks Human Male Paladins are dirtbags, OP knows they won’t unnerf Runeblade so he’s just crying because someone else is having fun and wants to ruin it.

Im certain the cause of ‘said players’ issue was the rek changes because they wanted the original broken (to go and 1 shot players everywhere - “i rolled a paladin because i used to be able to do this and since you broke it i will make various reports on these forums until such time as another blue calls me out (not personally) on a hotfix reply”) and not the proven to be patched by 1.12 version.

I still stand by this because of the possible abuse/exploitive behaviour - its a ‘fun thing’ doing it now for a bit of a laugh, but in the event this becomes the widespread ‘new meta’ - i can see issues. Imagine the outrage at warriors who have a prio on all tank, melee dps and +healing gear

I’m not sure how viable this is to the AVERAGE player which is why I’m hesitant but I will say this:

IF you want to get blizzard’s attention, start rolling on healing gear as a warrior. All the warriors need to start doing this. cloth, leather, mail or plate. When you get the coming hate whispers, link them to this thread. I guarantee if enough healers start complaining about warriors rolling on their +healing gear for only this reason it WILL get fixed sooner

The problem here is, if they start fixing bugs that weren’t fixed until TBC, then there is no reason why they can’t fix other things they have so far refused to fix while using the excuse “because it wasn’t fixed in vanilla”. Things such as Juju Flurry for example, which should be a straight DPS increase but due to a bug it is actually a DPS loss.

People are correct that they have painted themselves in a corner here. If they state that their “Reference Client” does not show the Diamond Flask as scaling 100% with healing, then we will know it is not a vanilla client. That would be bad, since so much of Classic has been based on how things work inside this “Reference Client”.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/diamond-flasks-hp5-snapshots-but-you-guys-nerf-runeblade-even-though-wow-tools-showed-it-to-have-100-scaling/442337/25?u=theloras-herod

PS I don’t even have Runeblade broheim

the honest truth is that the Reckoning change/nerf required 3 or 4 hot fixes after the fact because of the way it was monkey coded and not tested in any way, shape or form, which resulted in charges being lost/stuck for no rhyme or reason beyond what was present in either Baconn’s 1.10 era reck guide or in 1.12

that is neither here nor there however and in this instance I am glad to see that both you and I are actually on the same page when it comes to this exploit seeing as it will quite literally break the game in both PvE and PvP

at least with the Runeblade, it has the lowest drop rate in the entire game compared to the Diamond Flask trinket in which every single warrior in the game on both factions will be able to obtain in about 30 mins tops via the Sunken Temple class quest

yes, every single theory crafter thinks that the devs and QA lied through their teeth when they said that the Runeblade’s HP5 aura never scaled with +healing in Vanilla or their reference client

as I said at the time, it would end up causing many many many more problems for them if they disregarded the 1:1 scaling shown from wow tools for Runeblade

in this instance, if they try to claim “it doesn’t show up on the reference client” then we have a full blown liar liar pants on fire situation

for what it’s worth, I agree with you that they should fix the juju flurry bug AND the heroic strike bug since it makes +hit rating a moot point completely for dual wield Fury Warriors

3 Likes

Hence why i tested and then vendored the +healing gear - just because i can do it doesnt mean i should.

1 Like

Lets be real blizz doesn’t fix most issues because its cheaper not to. They use the “reference client” as their just cause to get away with it. They will fix any issue that gets enough attention that it might start affecting their bottom line. Classic isn’t a labour of love, It’s flogging a dead horde for all its worth.

2 Likes

I do think there’s some unnecessary panic here. Even if you go with Thundercluck’s list of mostly pre-raid bis +healing, we’re talking 871 healing/5sec for a total of one minute, or 10k health. Throw Amp Magic on that and it’s 12,252. You’re not replacing a healer here or anything, and if a MT is taking +healing gear over other healers then that’s a stupid guild and you should quit. I mean, one Mortal Strike from Broodlord is like 9k dmg, that’s almost the entire duration of what DF would heal you for IF you have this ideal gear list, which many tanks aren’t going to have.

We’re definitely not going to get into a meta where MTs are taking +healing gear over their priests. That’s stupid, and no respectable tank or guild would ever allow such a thing. This is just fearmongering at its worst.

Even the threat gen is suspect. Overhealing doesn’t generate threat, so you have to play a balancing act between allowing your trinket to heal you to generate threat by having your actual healers play a game of not casting a heal, but then you may just leave yourself open to getting killed… it’s not going to be an easy balancing act that your casual guild is going to pull off.

Unless we get some logs showing this in action in BWL proving otherwise, this just seems like a cute interaction that will give a marginal boost to warrior tanks. Sure, not like they needed the help, but this isn’t game breaking like OP is suggesting. The sky isn’t falling.

4 Likes

I agree with you, that the implications of this in PVE are pretty small, but for PVP it is kind of ridiculous that I could potentially become a mini dungeon boss for a full minute, every six minutes.

It wouldn’t be difficult to create a macro that swaps out my gear, pops the trinket, swaps it back in. Then snatch the enemy flag in WSG, and good luck killing me for that full minute. Which, something like that could be the make or break for a match that was close.

Just saying, much like Juju Flurry being worthless, it obviously wasn’t intended to work that way.

very well put - if you may recall the absolutely ludicrous mechanic that was in Classic with Blessing of Sacrifice + Reckoning allowing Paladins to become literal machine guns in both PvE and PvP

I was one of the most vocal advocates on theory crafting discords to have the mechanic removed - so much so that I said as much on Kevin Jordan’s discord to him personally and he agreed with me that it would break the game.

The mechanic was removed a week later as a result.

Mortal Strike doesn’t affect the HP5 aura ticks…

^^^ding ding ding^^^

4 Likes

Warriors are already somewhat ridiculous in PvP, but this is just epic fail by Blizzard.

2 Likes

You guys all need to just relax. This is a small indie company with limited resources. Give them a break, will you? Seriously.

8 Likes

If Blizzard is a small indie company then what was Nostalrius and Kronos? Because thus far those projects have been doing it better. Haha xD

I dont think you understand. Warriors dont need to be wearing that gear during DPS, they only need to wear it when they use the trinket.

1,000 healing is not unrealistic with a bunch of AH greens and Amp Magic.

2 Likes

ding ding ding - farm dungeon blue and AH green + healing items and achieve +1000 healing easily

and yes, they only need to wear it as they activate the trinket to enable the snapshot - once it activates, then they simply put on their normal tanking or dps gear but the OP HP5 ticks will continue from the original snapshot

2 Likes