Are flasks necessary for bwl progression?

after what you said about devs I think you, like me and a lot of alliance pvp oriented, are a bit frustrated after AV changes… because ranking is a pain now and we wanted to get our rank 10 - 14 in a more pleasent way… the grinding now is terrible… but just take it chill, I still want my r14 and I grind AV loses (I won a couple) and WSG premades… I miss my cross server friends but, I just didnt give up… try to get motivation from something else :slight_smile: there’s nothing we can do now to change it…

Only if you raid 1 night a week, and only for 2 hours. 3 hour raid for 2 nights will quadruple the amount spent on flasks, and when you tack that onto the cost of other consumables, you get a figure that starts to look more like 500-800g per week.

Even as “low” as 180g per week, that’s still a tremendous amount of gold to farm for a few classes or specs. Off the top of my head, warriors in particular are garbage for farming anything, paladins also terrible without specific gear and respeccing to a prot farming build.

It most certainly contributes to how I feel about the game. ‘Terrible’ doesn’t come close to describing how poor this experience has become.

I knew it!!! I feel you… but giving up is not an option!! come on! :wink:

titans flask helps a lot with mistakes. healers running wisdom, i’m not sure its worth. You really only needed the extra mana for two fights on private servers - chrom and nef, and both bosses are significantly less mana intensive in classic. I would say titans on everyone is the right call for true progression

Only one flask is necessary – the DIAMOND FLASK

2 Likes

Titans on the tanks, sure, some things hit really hard.

But that’s it- any other flask is unnecessary, there’s no dps race, Vael might have been considered one once but the bigger issue is going to be not pulling threat.

With the exception of tanks, there’s nothing in BWL that using a flask is going to fix.

The problem is that there’s an accumulation of negative experiences, and not much of an accumulation of positive ones.

At what patch did flasks finally persist through death anyway …

Very easy algorithm. Raid competence over flask need.

Hmm. Not imo. They are a speed running nice to have.

The fights in BWL are mostly mechanics. A flask won’t give you the mechanics. If you have the mechanics, a flask won’t be needed either.

On some edge cases they can come in handy. Titans on tanks for example can make them less likely to get rng spiked. But using them on the whole raid? That’s a speed running tactic.

That isnt the case at any point in classic. I did through AQ and Naxx in Vanilla qith the vast majority of our raid never flasking once.

Err, wasn’t that basically what I said?

If the raid is competent then you are correct, the flask really only makes things quicker/easier depending on the flask.

I was responding to the OP. I might have hit the reply button on your specific post by accident.

Ok, ty for clarifying :blush:

There’s nothing lazy about not wanting to spend time on an unfun activity.

3 Likes

My fury warrior gear leaves me at 3800 hp - flasking to 5k hp helps to survive a mechanic.

Its that simple

1 Like

Umm, with raid buffs you’ll be at 5k anyway. Many of the squishies wont be that high. You don’t need that much unless you’re taking hits that you could have avoided.

If you’re at 3.8k with raid buffs, I’m afraid you should probably visit a repair vendor. And maybe instead of titans consider a flask of petrification and just afk the fight to save healers the mana lmao.

You do need to make sure you go in full consumables. World buffs, flasks etc. If you are wiping, Maybe BWL is not for you. Go back and farm MC. Shrug. Unless you are rocking an entire raid full of rank 14s, you just dont out gear this raid to ignore its mechanics.

How many raids have any, let alone a full raid of rank 14’s?

On my server, several Guilds have destroyed BWL. I am not aware of any of them being rank 14’s. I am also not aware of any of them making flasks mandatory.

While consumables, Ony Buff etc are perfectly fine to be required for raiding, flasks, and the inherent gold/time cost is total overkill for a raid that is far from cutting edge.

3.8k unbuffed - my gear is never below 70% - ever. Still having an extra 1200 hp as a dps doesnt hurt.