Diamond Flask's HP5 snapshots

was mortal strike affecting the Runeblade’s hp5 snapshot?

i can’t remember

This is actually quite hilarious.

the worst part of it all is the simple fact that…

EVERY

SINGLE

WARRIOR

CAN

OBTAIN

THE

TRINKET

VIA

LEVEL

SUNKEN

TEMPLE

QUEST

1 Like

Only thing i’m seeing is you’re still mad your private server mechanics aren’t what you thought they were so you keep going after things that were confirmed bugs in 1.12 and not fixed until TBC.

Please use the bug report forums for its intended purpose and not complaining you think things are unfair because you didn’t get something you wanted.

5 Likes

Fun times. I vendored my +healing set but i guess ill have to go find a bis healing set now.

This is fantastic.

Well done Blozzord.

3 Likes

The thing about Diamond Flask versus Runeblade is that Blizzard made the audacious claim that Runeblade mechanically was different in the reference client. Unfortunately there is documented patch note evidence that Diamond Flask worked this way and thus was nerfed later in TBC.

So, Blizzard can’t just poof out the same excuse and if they did it would mean that the reference client is wrong and can’t be used as a reliable source of checks and balance. I suppose they could try and weasel their way out of this by saying the scaling wasn’t present in 1.12.1, but was present in 2.0 or something stupid.

The item should probably be nerfed, but just saying. The Warriors kind of have Blizz in their palm on this one otherwise.

3 Likes

Bis healing set is in for flask buffs.

Thats correct - 1911 healing per 5 secs for an entire minute.

Oh incase you missed the TBC fix, so it should remain in Classic

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/616932419093659650/678055662722220037/unknown.png

1 Like

That’s very true:

For a relatively easy way of stacking +healing in this Phase:

Head Cassandra’s Grace: 44
Neck Animated Chain Neckalce: 33
Shoulders Living Shoulders: 31
Back Hide of the Wild: 42
Chest Robes of the Exalted: 68
Wrists Loomguard Armbraces: 33
Hands Hands of the Exalted Herald: 33
Waist Corehound Belt: 62
Legs Padre’s Trousers: 42
Feet Verdant Footpads: 37
Ring1 Fordring Ring: 37
Ring2 Rosewine Circle: 29
Trinket1 Briarwood Reed: 29
Trinket2 Diamond Flask: 9

Weapon1 The Hammer of Grace: 31
Weapon2 Some other random weapon for enchant

Flask: 150
Arcane: 35
Weapon Enchants: 110
Helm and Legs Enchant: 16

Total with relative ease: 871healing/5sec
Amplify Magic iirc with talent is 225 ontop of that, so a very seldom and easy 1096healing/5sec
1315 healing/5sec if you are PI’d

Also, if Diamond Flask works anything like Runeblade then it’s not coded as a HP/5 mechanic, but a Healing Over Time mechanic. Meaning all this healing will generate threat, but overhealing will not.

Estimated ~26300 healing in the 60sec duration of DF means roughly 19,659.25 threat is created resulting in a 327.65tps value onto DF if no over healing is generated. Please correct the math if that’s wrong.

At the very least every tank should be putting Amplify Magic up with this trinket to snapshot ~60tps.

2 Likes

don’t forget Power Infusion and Amplify Magic along with Eye of the Dead + ZHC trinkets macroed together in the batch window lol

yes, I emphatically stated that the devs and qa contradicting item proc scaling shown in wow tools would end up causing more trouble for them and lo and behold here we are

wow tools shows both rune blade and diamond flask having 1:1 scaling from +healing on top of the documented patch notes from 2007 TBC era stating that the trinket wasn’t nerfed until then

There appears to be proof that players knew about thiis in vanilla though. Wowhead comment made during patch 1.12:

I’ve heard of warriors healing for rediculous amounts using this trinket. Does/did it get bonuses from +healing? If so, it might be a good idea to pick up a bunch of +healing greens and throw them on after a fight, use the item, put back on your normal gear, and go straight into your next fight regening all the way

Haha! Lovely.
Your move next, Blizzard. You know it should be nerfed just as much as the community knows otherwise things will grossly get out of hand… what will you do, what will you do >)?

You cant use both those trinkets because you need dtf equipped. Power infusion and amp magic would push this further yes - as would other buffs/consumes (mana oil) and im sure anything +spell damage also doubles to boost healing so add all of that (flasks/pots).

derp sorry you are correct - need more coffee lol

1 Like

Same.

+1 for coffee!

1 Like
1 Like

over/under on when this is fixed is 3 days.

taking all bets

We have proof that this was known in 1.12 by players and we have proof that this was fixed in TBC patch notes. They have really backed themselves into a corner with their not fixing known bugs policy. Obviously it’s going to get fixed eventually but it’s really going to blur the lines between bugs and “not a bug” bugs.

1 Like