(Deleted post) Leak new expansion? WoW Housing? 11.0

The Emerald Dream has come under attack on a few occasions, but I don’t think it has ever reached the World Tree before, or least not like this. Before, it was an attempt to corrupt everything the Dream had to offer. Fyrakk wants to burn it all to the ground. That’s the difference here. We’ve only had 1 raid based around it, and that was dealing with the Emerald Nightmare. Another isn’t a bad thing. We are also getting to enter the Dream itself and explore, so I’m guessing this is sort of a finale for that part of Warcraft lore.

I was hooked until the shapeshifting part. That part just screams private server to me.

1 Like

I imagine thee person who did it used something from a private server I remember that allows you to do a lot of stuff that isn’t in retail. For someone not a dev etc that isn’t knowledgeable totally on this kind of stuff, it’s a neat little fake.

Well… at least some effort was put in to it.
Most of the time a “leak” is just some text on reddit spouting off a load of nonsense.
This person tried to be believable.
Ill commend them for that.

Housing in Classic + :crazy_face:

I mean, the player housing & carpentry parts look like they could be in Retail to me but the rest of it looks fake. Especially the shapeshifting and the whole “updating the world” part since they showed Goldshire and Theramore and I feel like there’s alot better places to showcase that Blizzard could be like “hey, the world is updated.” if this was a legit trailer.

I think it is from turtle wow or somewhere… not sure where the assets and so on were used from. The little group there does some nice looking stuff.

But yeah I never take these seriously. It’s just fun to see what people come up with.

Then you get the one leak where it ended up being right lol

Ill take classic + until they start infecting it with woke garbage.

Just don’t add trade to housing like it was in garrisons. Making garrisons into their own little mini cities instead of just a house was the issue.

Fr. I saw a post about it couple years ago, not just like this but definitely similar.

One big thing people need to understand about player housing is WoW was never designed around the concept like every other game that has the system. Now I’m not saying that housing will never come to WoW but the game was never built around it.

They looked at it back in the day, there were even portals till they were removed that showed cased that they played with the idea way before WoD came out with the Garrison system. What we DON’T need is a Garrison system 2.0 where much of the expansion is tied to the system. Player Housing if they ever put it into the game needs to be not part of the expansion story and then forgotten, that’s why it’s hard for a Housing system to come into this game.

I do agree that they will have to skip a raid tier or something major to put in Housing and keep it relevant beyond the point of the expansion it comes in.

Dude, you are a furry…

They are resisting giving player housing because there is no place for player housing in the all esports lobby game they have as their longterm wow vision.

eh… Class order Halls? Actually the hunter class have one that is pretty looks like a house.

Classic +, even tho I don’t believe it’ll happen. I’ve always found player housing quite weird, it’s like working at a grocery store and than going home and playing a game about a grocery store. Plus it’ll just be more store items while blizzard leave all the trashy looking stuff for the non whale players to get.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: here’s the real question
1 where do I want to put my house in the vast world of Warcraft

1. How would I decorate it…have sooooo much stuff from the past 16 years I would literally need a mansion or two :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Class halls are not player housing. Garrisons are not player housing. Player housing would be players investing time and currency in a piece of property, probably instanced, making improvements over time. Players would probably expect housing that they invest in to be account-wide. They wouldn’t want to have to grind to create and furnish a separate home for each alt. And then, because they’re invested in those characters, they are less likely to drop them and reroll to keep up with the meta when Blizzard decides to churn it every patch, or even twice a patch.

Real esports competitors have no need for housing. Housing is an MMO thing. Blizzard is tired of supporting an MMO when they could be coasting on the glamour of esports celebrity.

1 Like

That makes zero sense. :person_facepalming: You clearly don’t understand what real player housing is.

Such a huge dead horse deserves respects.

I’ll give mine by posting this link for those unaware:

You mean like how Classic was a dead horse until it happened… remember the “Wall of No” :rofl: