(Deleted post) Leak new expansion? WoW Housing? 11.0

You are showing your lack of imagination.

Blizzard developed a framework that could have been turned into housing (and still could, because we’re talking about technology here), and turned it into a quest hub/workplace where there’s lots of people who expect you do things for them.

None of that is obligate to the technology. Replace your fishing pond with a swimming pool, your barracks with a cottage or a mansion, choosing from numerous existing architectural styles. Keep your starter plot or upgrade and decorate as many times as you wish, using crafted items, drops, or vendor items. Locate your plot in any popular zone in designated places. Enter from a portal in any major city, and return when you leave to your choice of those destinations. The back gate would open into the zone you chose to put it in. You can have parties with your friends.

1 Like

Lack of imagination my ***.

WoD made players into introverts and there was a huge lack of community. You can’t have imagination without a community – there is nobody to share it with.

Read the thread.

1 Like

It only makes zero sense if you have no brain cells. Why would I want to decorate a house ingame? If I wanted to be doing stuff around a house I’d go get my broom and sweep my irl house. Eso housing- boring AF, New world housing- uninteresting the same with Final fantasy, lost ark, lord of the rings online, and the old republic. Imo player housing is one big snooze fest.

Then you have no imagination. Housing was amazing in Wildstar… the only good thing but amazing.

The idea that the technology could not be implemented without turning it into a quest hub/workplace/mission table, I don’t know where that came from.

I’m only responding to YOUR post here because of your claim that the same technological framework couldn’t be reused in the future without a quest hub/mission table/workplace. That’s utter nonsense. If that’s the best you have, that tells me you have no reason beyond “I don’t like mission tables and they would be forced at gunpoint to put mission tables in”.

Like I said earlier: Nobody really cares. The vocally loud 1% of players make it seem like it’s something that 99% of people would want to use. The reality is that probably less than 10% of players would spend more than a few hours tinkering with their their houses, during the entirety of them being out, before moving on and never touching them again.

Does that small amount of usage justify the cost of the development that could be used elsewhere?
Does that wasted development result in players subbing an extra month or two per expansion?
Does that small amount of usage and wasted development justify all the costs that would need to be spent on moderation to make sure players were arranging things in ways that are against the TOS?

See where I’m going with this? It’s pointless… Look at FF14, probably <100k people actually own a house in a game that supposedly has all these hundreds of millions of people playing it(or so they always try to make it sound, realistically, it’s a million or two at any given time). There are like 5k per server tops? Don’t know anymore, been a while since I’ve played.

And I’m responding to YOUR post just to remind you to read the thread.

I didn’t even mention mission tables. Mission tables were not part of the problem. Again, read the thread.

Ah, the big lie. “I don’t want this, so I’m going to make up the claim that nobody wants it, because I’m really good at lying.”

Link to your source. I didn’t think so.

Again, the idea that if you don’t have any data, you can make up lies and no one can disprove them.

Everything I said was true. Yet I’m hearing that if Blizzard decided to put in player housing, they would be forced against their will to put in a mission table, work areas, and a quest hub.

You people are just being dishonest, pretending you have support that you do not have.

“Please, daddy blizzard, what the playerbase wants is a tiny hardcore esports game with a cult following. Make it happen, what those players want should be completely ignored.”

We actually know why that is the case, which is because of a limited number of plots available that makes the cost unaffordable. Are you saying Blizzard would be forced to spend massive amounts of money developing that, after you guys have already said they’d be forced to put a quest hub, mission table, and work buildings in?

Talk about deliberate misrepresentation of everything you have put in your post.

Parse the forums and subreddits for the number of unique posters(subtract a percentage for sockpuppeteers). It’s a very very very trivial amount of people actually talking about the topics. In an already trivial percentage of the playerbase… Probably less than 0.5% of players make more than a single post here per month. You can also parse that if you’re feeling inclined. Would likely show the same 10-20k people posting here, in a game that still has at least a couple million playing.

So you’re in an echo-chamber of an echo-chamber.

And you’re doing the exact opposite of this, which is the still the exact same thing then:
“I really want this, so I’m going to make up the claim that everybody wants it, because I’m really good at lying.”

You think WoW wouldn’t do that? Why do you think FF14 has the limited number of plots? Mostly has to do with how much workload their mods can keep up with when you have a game where 1/2 the people are weirdos…

EDIT one caveat to this: This is assuming you’d have an actual housing system that let you put anything anywhere. If you’re talking about a housing system with a node based setup that restricts what and where you can place things, like the garrisons, then that would be different, but people will still cry about it like they did with the garrisons because they’d want to be able to make some moonguard goldshire inn dens of degeneracy.

Stop thinking in terms of checkers and start thinking in terms of chess.

WoW already has a system in place that would allow every player a house with no detriment to others, and something that can be engaged with or ignored.

Why on earth would they design it to be limited like in FFXIV? Except to give people on the forums something to cry about?

Yes it was a fake, this is why have a clown face. funny is who did this was only 1 guy Hehe

1 Like

It was nice though, it baited some people though :stuck_out_tongue: