Defias Pillager Server lag killed hundreds of toons in minutes - SOUND OFF!

For all the people harping on about the TOS we all agreed to, remember that it’s a “my way or the highway” type of agreement. If people want to play hardcore classic wow this is the only way. As others have pointed out, the servers that we play on have repeatedly had issues stemming from changes made by Blizzard either directly for hardcore, or to the codebase that we share with SOD.

There is no real option where a player can play hardcore classic wow and either not agree to a “no resurrection” clause, or not suffer from the poor quality of the servers. The only reason for the TOS not allowing resurrection is so that Blizzard doesn’t have to bother moderating it.

5 Likes

This isn’t about dying to a server issue. The root issue is blizzard randomly making adjustments to servers connected to a game mode that has deadlocked terms. Rolling back shouldn’t be implemented everytime this happens, but BLIZZARD NEEDS STOP MAKING ADJUSTMENTS ON THURSDAYS! They need to make these resolutions with proper announcements by turning off the server over the course of 60 mins with 15 min announcement intervals! As well, Tuesdays are their maintenance rollouts, not in the middle of any given moment. So yes, this is definitely a niche situation to reinfornce a rollback.

6 Likes

Rollback. Easy.

1 Like

Peace of Mind called it, sorry everyone who “died”.

1 Like

Blizzard should add a message making it very clear that they won’t resurrect characters for any reason, like something that pops up when making a character and says very specifically: “By agreeing to play on these realms, you accept that your character’s death is permanent for whatever the reason. This includes disconnections, lag, server outages, gameplay bugs, or any other reason.”

Make a little button below this that says “I agree” that everyone has to click, then there’s no way anyone would come to the forums asking for a rollback right?

That’s tongue in cheek of course - Very very sorry to the folks that died. Painful, but we know the risks. AGANE!

2 Likes

My level 60 HC rogue was in a fight next minute the server crashed. Came back he was dead. No fault to me it was all blizzard. Blizzard should reset All toons that died tonight. Hundreds of hours spent on getting to 60.

1 Like

The risks??? Blizzards server crashed. How is that a risk?

1 Like

So your saying if blizzard just shuts down the servers one day and 90% of the players die not their fault, you’re ok with that??

1 Like

You said it - when you clicked “I agree.” It sucks, big time, but there will not be a rollback.

1 Like

Go agane.!

2 Likes

Was a great idea to have every mode linked to each other so pushing a sod ptr update can break era/hc servers

1 Like

imo aggrend needs to get cut - dude has no idea how to handle a game with regards to stability.
have him do the catering or something

1 Like

Dying to a server disconnection is not a skill issue and should definitely not lead to the loss of your character. So many people will leave the game when they see that nothing is being done to address this and we need those active players in order to do everything the game has to offer.

You should not be expected to sit in a major city and not do anything risky just because a server crashing while you’re in combat can be a death sentence.

3 Likes

^ this 100%, I really don’t understand how someone can defend the argument that “you signed up to die to a DC” - yeah, we did because that’s the only option if we’re playing on the official realms.

1 Like

bring back the dead

I mean I am 99% sure they won’t bring back the dead for this crash just like they haven’t for many other crashes with equally many posts here. I also expect them to not have any type of response here either.

Imo the only way we get any resolution is enough people cancel sub over these types of issues and then they “may” care to fix the issue.

1 Like

World of Warcraft was originally created as a passion project by people who wanted to create something great. The reason the community wanted Classic to be launched in the first place was not only for the nostalgia, but also to experience a game made by people who poured every bit of their heart and soul into their creation.

To anyone working at Blizzard reading this, do you really think the original developers would have inaction here, and hide behind a set of agreement rules? To do so, in my opinion, is painfully incompetent.

I couldn’t imagine a better time to garner trust and support for your company, with the current Summer Sale and The War Within launching in just a few months.

2 Likes

Your post implies Blizzard realized their servers crashed.
They are blissfully ignorant pushing untested SoD code

How can Blizzard repeatedly watch issues like this happen and stand in inaction… This is a shameful lack of respect and responsibility towards the most dedicated players to the game mode as a whole.

How can Blizzard not see how much this is hurting the servers? Do something!

2 Likes

Just look at the stuff Aggrend is posting on Twitter. Says all you need to know