Declining real life friends due to low R.IO?

This is how people actually use IO instead of how it’s supposed to be used, they just look at the surface number, and instead of using it as one of many factors of reasoning, they use it as the only reasoning.

Will it comfort or frustrate you guys that a sizable portion of people that use this thing are trash at the game and clawing onto some form of verification?

On a side note, imagine inconveniencing your friends in any way for content of the BFA expansion.

I would say if you are talking about anything up to and including 10, it should not matter what RIO they have. as long as they are getting better, right? they are your friends… not randoms… so sometimes you want to foster the relationship, rather then your epeen on how fast you can get throught a 10. but if we are talking 17s, then that makes no sense to bring them on, that would be wasting time of other people that have nothing to do with your friends potentially

dude carry em, you can get R io. in a week, you can go from 200 to 430 in a few days if you have friends that use the same kind of armor, but in a week you cant make lastlonging friendships, warcraft is there to meet your friends, if you are alone in azeroth this becomes a really sad and boring game.

Honestly, in my opinion, doesn’t matter if they’re real life friends or online friends, I’ll help them regardless, and they’d do the same for me.

I recently came back from a 7 month break give or take, and had crap gear on this character and another. Some of my online friends who were glad I was back offered to bring me along on some of their mythic dungeon runs as well as heroic EP runs. It caught me up very quickly, and instead of being a nuisance with no gear, I can actually contribute and help them with whatever they need.

Think of it this way, if you help them gear up and carry them through a few, they’ll be able to actually help you on real runs when they’re caught up.

Your answer confuses me. So you were treated poorly, sorry that happened. Your solution however is instead of breaking the cycle, to continue it just because you felt slighted by strangers? This should be a wake up call to you, to help the people you consider friends to not go through the same headache. Blaming the mythic+ community for your choice and actions is beyond common sense.

My guild carries me and other players all the time. I was 400 last week.

Your friends should be able to get up to at least 350 before they expect a carry. You may want to say, “get to 405 with emissaries and weeklys and then I’ll carry a few.”

If he truly has multiple RL friends and they want to play with him and he turns them down because their gear and experience is too low? Instead why does he not help his RL friends gear up and learn the dungeons?

5 Likes

hook, line, and sinker. props OP, you trolled em good.

all the rest of you got baited.

1 Like

Did you mean RIO? Because that score doesn’t go down. It just won’t increase unless he times a higher key.

Real friends don’t let friends have low raider io scores. Sometimes you have to be mean and explain to them why exactly you won’t run with them. That or you can continue to ignore the problem, and passively watch as someone you supposedly care about struggles. Thats a real friend right there, watching someone drown and not wanting to throw a lifeline to them because it’d hurt their feelings.

You’d think that but read his responses throughout the thread.

It’s not bait, it’s a person being socially inept. He has been posting a lot if you look at his history about being declined for groups based on RiO. Here’s one of the threads he started.

Real friends don’t care about things like Raider IO scores.

1 Like

Nope, it’s clearly bait and everyone scolding him are being socially inept :sunglasses: Dozer 2020!

I suppose I should clarify a bit. A real friend isn’t going to see a supposed friend struggle with something, and ignore the obvious reason why. They’ll be blunt with them because they love them enough to actually want to see them improve and do their best to help their friend achieve that. You aren’t being a friend when you watch someone get crushed over and over in something you’re experienced at and tell them they’re doing fine. Its one thing to do some random m+ with your friends and not expect much to come from it but, if you’re telling them everythings peachy keen when you hit a wall because of them, you aren’t being a real friend. You’re being a coward.

Doesn’t sound like you are a real friend.

well i owe OP an apology. but dang if that first post didn’t read exactly like bait

OPs friendship IO score seems to be insanely low

3 Likes

You made me choke on my coffee on that one wish I could give you more than one heart!

1 Like

Saying you can run a dungeon with a friend because they have a low IO score is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

I mean, you can easily carry them in 5-6 or something until they get some experience. I dare hope they’re not thinking you gonna carry into a +12 or something…