Declining real life friends due to low R.IO?

Have a few friends that just came back to the game. Their gear is really bad. They have almost no R . IO to speak of but they think, despite all that, I should take them on my dungeon runs. Is it weird to decline them based on their r . io score? Or if you were in my position would you just hard carry them?

3 Likes

If they are truly your friends, you wouldn’t be posting this. You’d be out there actually helping them without the need of forum validation of some sort.

162 Likes

I was going to call you a troll, but judging by your post history, you definitely do seem like an elitist that would refuse to help his friends just because their ilevel is low.

83 Likes

What’s wrong with carrying friends?

27 Likes

You’re a bad friend.

47 Likes

I’d just carry them… just put on a podcast or something during the run. I’d also encourage them just to buy WoW Tokens :moneybag:

The way I look at. If you gear them up you will have some friends to run mythic plus with. My best guess is you need friends…

26 Likes

Tell them no. They have to get used to disappointment to play retail.

8 Likes

My gawd, guys. I’m ASKING for advice here. Guess I got my answer, sheesh!! It was an honest question. Didn’t expect everyone to freak out over nothing.

2 Likes

Just realize that your FIO score with them will go down if you do that.

5 Likes

So you’re going to let a fantasy game in a virtual world rule over irl friends?

Unsub, uninstall and learn about the real world before the virtual consumes you. Otherwise, you’re liable to hit rock bottom when you realize this fantasy world is…fantasy.

23 Likes

I mean you can just tell them you don’t feel like carrying them, regardless of io. You aren’t obligated to carry friends especially if you have limited time to do what you enjoy

Seems like bait though

1 Like

I would never tell an IRL friend I won’t run a dungeon with them because of a lack of experience.

I might not bring them to every run I do, but I’d make time to help them.

23 Likes

They all answered you, you simply didn’t like the answer. I am with them. Friends are more important than your make believe video game gear.

36 Likes

Then learn to be a better person.

10 Likes

This has to be bait…

7 Likes

I think that about covers it.

No, are you daft? You don’t throw your friends overboard because they have crappy IO scores.

16 Likes

I’m sorry, I find it hard to believe that anyone that doesn’t have the social skills of a peanut would actually need to ask this question to other people.

13 Likes

ESH.

I wouldn’t have a problem helping them with their runs, but if I were trying to get something specific accomplished then I wouldn’t invite anyone that would impede that.

I don’t think just because someone is a friend that you need to invite them always, but on the other hand a good friend would find a way to help them.

1 Like

If you declined “friends” but did not make any effort to show them how to properly gear at their item level instead of getting carried in in-game gearing platforms designed for experienced player- and there are several ways - the you’re not their friend at all. If they listen to such an explanation but only express an interest in mooching off of you in keystones, making it evident that they are just taking advantage of your progress, then they are not your friends.

2 Likes