Darkmoon Faire

Theres an article linked in wowhead news ‘The Darkmoon Faire event is not spawning on NA and EU servers, and there are currently no calendar events for the Faire for all of 2022. This is very likely to be a bug that will get fixed early next week.’

2 Likes

For real? And I got up early for it!

I’m not surprised. Best to add onto the bug report, although there’s a Wowhead article up that’s certainly drawing plenty of attention. I suspect it’ll be fixed early this week.

1 Like

We’ve seen the reports this morning and are having a look. I don’t have a timeframe I can offer right now though.

15 Likes

Shared this. Thanks

4 Likes

Looks like they identified the cause, and will aim to have that fixed tomorrow. Sorry for the delay folks!

23 Likes

That’s great and all, but I have to go back to work tomorrow. :frowning: Please ask them to extend it by a day and give us next Sunday since we don’t get it today. Thanks.

6 Likes

The Darkmoon Faire happens every month. Is there any reason why it’s not already scheduled for the next 10 years? If it gets updated, replace it, don’t just not schedule it.

1 Like

I am not involved in the scheduling of in-game events and I have no direct knowledge of how that system works or what is / isn’t possible.

I’ve gotten peaks at some things over my years here, but that’s not one of them… Sorry! :frowning:

14 Likes

Some people don’t understand that y’all are just a conduit to facilitate communication between us, the community, and the support team(s). Please, keep up the good work, and pass along our comments/complements to those best able to help!

12 Likes

Aye, I knew “wait till tomorrow” wouldn’t necessarily be seen as a positive news but I wanted to provide an update so folks weren’t sitting around all day waiting for it the event.

19 Likes

A lot of us (myself included) are largely critical of announcements we don’t agree with, and perhaps we’re excessively unfair at times.

However, with that said, we still deep down appreciate the communication and are grateful for it, even if we come off as selfish snots for no reason sometimes.

7 Likes

You owe me a ton of missed faire fare. And all those missed performances. How dare you… I’m so upset.
Also please help me take pictures of me riding the sandbox mounts. My arm isn’t long enough to capture the whole scene.

2 Likes

The Wrath Collector’s Edition box came with some TCG loot cards and I got a stack of Sandbox Tigers. It was the best thing ever.

I was in Org and someone had gotten stuck in the mailbox geometry somehow. I dropped a sandbox tiger and they were able to get free. I felt like a super hero.

19 Likes

Still, the bug report forum contained reports last week that there were no DMF people setting up the portals outside either Goldshire or Thunder Bluff.

One would think those reports would have triggered a quick look-see.

2 Likes

QA and much of the development team have been out on vacation for the holidays. A much lighter crew is on hand during this time to ensure services remain stable/online.

Much of CS was able to take time off too but thankfully we didn’t see too much of an increase in wait times for tickets.

15 Likes

Good point. We sometimes forget there are people and families behind the blue text. Have a great new year!

7 Likes

You too, Nok!

7 Likes

Thanks for all your hard work and for the information you have provided. Last time this happened they went Monday through Sunday. Hopefully they do this again. Thanks again mate and Happy New Year.

5 Likes

Oh, wonderful! Thanks so much for looking into it!

2 Likes