[CS Lounge] - Welcome to our new home

Corned Beef on a light rye from a local Trappist (Order of Cistercians of the Strict Observance) monastery, with radish and alfalfa sprouts, dill pickle relish, and mustard.

The two youngest granddaughters will be here Friday and will be helping make the steamed plumb pudding for Christmas.

How did the roommates gf take the news btw?

Nobody has said a word. Sent out a group text (the closest we can get to a house meeting with our varied schedules) with my thoughts and reasons, and no one has responded. I think they’re all taking a ‘wait and see’ approach.

I think they’re seeing a silver lining in the new arrangements, as it’s given me some added motivation to tackle some home improvement projects that they’ve been quietly hoping I would get around to.

3 Likes

[Drags in giant pot of coffee]

Who wants some? There’s a lot.

1 Like

FedEx took their sweet time to deliver my package. They usually deliver around 1:30 to 2 o clock, today didn’t get it til 4:45. I was at the laundromat across the street from my apartment when I saw the truck pull up.

… Aaaand my cat is missing. She’s a little stressed with the activity yesterday, including losing ‘her’ bedroom (and especially the king-size bed with heated mattress pad) to my son’s cat. Last time I saw here was about six hours ago, because I can’t make a sandwich without her begging for a piece of ham.

As far as I am aware, no one has come or gone since then, and she isn’t big on the outdoors, so she has to be in the house somewhere. But she isn’t responding to the shaking of the treat jar. Checked every room and closet, nothing. Thinking it’s time to open a can of tuna.

Advised the upstairs roommate that she’s probably hiding in his room (she’s decided his company is acceptable when I’m not home). I may have to explain to him what ‘hiding’ means, because his response was "I don’t think so… she’s usually either on my bed or my chair’.

Trying to tell myself she’s just upset with the new housemates and is trying to teach me a lesson. Trying not to have a full-on freak out over her disappearance, but not doing to well.

Edit - freak-out is canceled. She was, in fact, sleeping under Roommate #3’s bed, and got trapped in his room when he went out for the evening.

7 Likes

Relieved to hear she was discovered.

4 Likes

Steam winter sale woo!!! I got final fantasy 7 and shemune 1-2. I heard people either REALLY LOVE SHENMUE 1-2 or really hate it. Does anyone know if dragon dogma is worth getting? Looks cool! Just not too sure >.>

That’s great news :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t see Final Fantasy 7 on the store. Do you mean Final Fantasy 12? Zodiac Age?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/39140/FINAL_FANTASY_VII/

40% off, no less.

Rats he beat me to it! HAha, shenmue has been interesting so far! Almost a hour in!:slight_smile:

Why did that not show up when I searched the Steam store last night?

Weird. I might have to pick that uo

Today should be…interesting…

Mom’s visiting for an early Christmas dinner this weekend so the kids are sharing a room. They decided (and blamed each other) that waking up at 4am was a good choice today. Now my 5 year old is ready to fall asleep.

Time for school!!! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

So weird. Searches it under vii and found it. But final fantasy? Nope.

Need to talk to my son and see if he can slum it on the graphics Haha.

He loves the series so j think he will.

1 Like

Hmm, very odd. Kept wondering what that strange dinging was every time I switched characters. Somehow the in-game voice chat is enabled even though I have had it disabled via Parental Controls the whole time.

:thinking:

/yawns

/coffees the panda-lady

/flops in corner

Weird! All the final fantasy’s are on steam >.> I’m cheating on wow today and gonna give final fantasy online a fair shake, before I created a character like THIS IS AWESOME!! goes to work forgets the game ever existed.

1 Like

ALMOST to my four-day weekend. Company lunch at Fogo de Chão’s to get through, then maybe an hour of pretending to work on an over-full stomach.

1 Like

Picking up VII when I get home. My son has been goofing off with it on an emulator. He is very excited

2 Likes