[CS Lounge] - Welcome to our new home

We’re currently dog-sitting for our neighbours across the street. Two gorgeous whippets, with such sweet natures. Its making me want a dog even more.

4 Likes

Still feeling like crud…ugh. Good thing I’m not doing anything today. Just gonna stay in bed and watch TV.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good idea.
Hope you get feeling better soon. :smiley:

1 Like

Hope that you feel better soon. I’m finally starting to recover from mine. Spent a week feeling like death eating crackers. My fever finally broke yesterday and now just need to get this annoying cough to leave as well.

Rest and plenty of fluids is definitely the way to go. Oh and of course, lots of WoW, lol.

1 Like

My kids would love to get a dog. My son wants a “guard” dog. Specifically, a golden retriever, which are obviously well known for their guard-dog-like behavior of licking people into submission.

I’d love a dog too, but we’ve got to finish our basement first. It’s so tempting as our local humane society just got an unexpected 30+ dogs dropped off :frowning: I think I’ll send them a donation to help take care of the added costs instead.

4 Likes

Solid plan when you don’t feel like crud too.

I can assure you it is not just reserved ftr that breed of lab. My black lab has the fastest tongue in the Midwest and is not afraid to use it.

2 Likes

I’ve heard that some of the humane societies are (wisely, I think) not allowing adoptions right before the holidays. The whole “surprise, I got you a pet” is just a recipe for returns.

My daughter and her husband have a “guard” dog, a Belgian Malinois. Except she’s always been super timid and has odd behavior quirks that, seeing she came to us at 8 weeks and they never went away, are just her nature. (An example is she tends to be pushy about wanting pets, but the moment you’re petting her, her body starts tilting further and further away. Stop and she pushes again.) She wouldn’t have made it in any training program that involved actual guarding.

Yup. I think its a good idea, especially when you see the huge number of unwanted dogs in the pounds.

2 Likes

New kitten showed up a few months ago. She’s gotten used to me and let’s me pet her (only when she’s eating).

3 Likes

My dog is abbrat

1 Like

Still so weird seeing the SFAs without their avatars. Hope the forum devs let the blues have their custom avs back soon.

How long has the coffee been on the burner?

Maple glazed pork chops for dinner tonight. Mmmmm

2 Likes

We’re having pasta and shrimp for dinner. Well everyone else is having shrimp, I don’t eat much in the way of seafood.

1 Like

Finally have the tree up.

4 Likes

LOL

9 Likes

This was gold LOL!!! I sent it to my best friend we have a sweet inside joke. Told them if we ever do this, it’ll be Kara 2.0!

2 Likes

First day of Winter Break for the kids. What did we spend the morning doing? Cleaning the absolute nuclear zone that was the living room. The youngest also had to do his room before he could watch any TV.

The living room was so bad we had to grid clean it. Start in a section and pick up trash, move stuff over to a different area and get that complete. Then anything moved that belonged there went back. Anything left over got left where it was. Move to another grid and do the same. Eventually there was a pile in our entry way. But it is done now.

Now my desk area on the other hand. I cannot even fathom how the amount of trash that was behind my monitor got there. Somebody, admittedly probably me, has been just dropping the junk mail there. But it is done now. I am now on cleaning strike until further notice.

In other news, Corned Beef Sandwich with some lettuce, tomato, onion and oil/vinegar is what is for lunch. On a nice hoagie roll. Mmmmm

1 Like

I feel your pain. My son and his GF are in the process of moving in for a bit while he looks for a job and they get themselves re-situated financially after his abortive move to Florida (it lasted less than two weeks).

All available bedrooms are occupied, so they’ll be staying in the downstairs den. I spent yesterday dismantling the ex-wife’s old beast of a computer desk, which sat unused for nearly six years except as a surface on which to pile things, and an aspirational home gym. Cleared away truly prodigious amounts of cobwebs.

Today, we try to figure out how to haul the treadmill upstairs to the common area formerly known as my living room, as other roommates have expressed an interest in using it, too. Once that’s out of the way, I’ll shift focus to cleaning my own computer desk and the card table that serves as a ‘temporary’ extension. Finally, it’ll be time to scrub the tile floor.

2 Likes

Heh, hubs came off a deployment to a honey-do list. :innocent:

Kidding, but only slightly. He had to change the lightbulb I couldn’t reach even with a stepstool, and now he’s steam cleaning the stairs. (One of my cats has a bladder stone and has been peeing literally everywhere. The stairs were a favorite spot and I’d already spent most of the time he was out steamcleaning them meself, soooo …)

Aaaand he injured himself whilst I was typing this. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes