[CS Lounge] - Welcome to our new home

Just got back from seeing Peter Jackson’s movie/documentary: They shall not grow old. What a great film about the British experience in WW1. There was a screw up with the 3d equipment, so the theater gave us free movie passes. Gonna go see Mortal Engines on Wednesday

Yeah I liked it when the posts were ghosted as well. Well that is what I called it, but I think you know what I mean.

We braved the shopping centre (mall) today. It actually wasn’t too bad! Helps that we went in early, and their parking area is currently half closed off due to damage, so a lot of people are refusing to go there because they can’t park and walk straight in. There’s two free car parks within a five minute walk, mind you.

ugh, throat is getting raspy. Not looking good…

That’s amazing lol.

I should really go see that. I have friends who were involved in that

I enjoyed it, but you could see where they had to cut the story for time. I hope that they managed to film that stuff and there’ll be an extended edition in the future.

Well today was certainly productive Met the surgeon for the final pre-transplant appointment. He seemed really optimistic on the success and long term health of the other half post surgery. Laid out the risks and such. They were all quite reasonable. Now we just wait for the committee to meet and give a placement.

Got all my xmas shopping done, except stocking stuffers for the boys. And on top of all of that almost finished my doily commission. Now if I can get more than five hours of sleep tonight (stares at cat) life will be good.

6 Likes

was just watching Asmongold try the Secret Puzzle was probably the funniest thing i’ve seen in wow in a long time

2 Likes

It’s a Peter Jackson movie, you can almost bet on there being an extended edition :laughing:

4 Likes

Feel like crud right now, sore throat, sinuses are stuffed up, just feeling like crap. Gonna stay in bed all day.

Feel better, man. Get some rest and maybe get a hot drink like tea.

1 Like

Ahhhhh, much better. Good sleep last night.

:sets up buffet table with assorted food and drink:

This slime anime I’m watching with my brother is the first time I’ve watched as they came out in a long time. One episode a week. Cliffhangers with no chance to see what happens next. (We rewatch other animes, currently SAO, as “filler”.)

1 Like

Kiddo had to come home sick from school today. Said he just wasn’t feeling well. Mom jumped at the opportunity to leave work, instead of having them call me haha.

He seems to be feeling fine right now. I am sure a little bit of it was just he was not feeling well with a head cold, and when he knew the option to call mom was on the table (she told him when she dropped him off) he jumped at it.

2 Likes

Sometimes you just need those special mom snuggles when you aren’t feeling well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

R.I.P. Penny Marshall

6 Likes

Yeah, I heard about that on my way into work today. :frowning:

I remember my mother watching Laverne & Shirley, as well as styling her hair similarly (the curl up right near the ear.) So odd to realize that, with my own aging, things like that are a lot longer ago - and the people much older - than I otherwise imagine.

I remember when they first appeared on Happy Days
:cloud_with_lightning:
:wolf:

5 Likes

To be fair, he didn’t direct this one. But he wrote the screenplay and was a producer so I have hope. I did buy the books when I got home, but I find it hard to motivate myself to read nowadays so… :laughing:

1 Like