[CS Lounge] - Welcome to our new home

Another easy option my family likes is a rotisserie chicken and a caesar salad kit. Bam…chicken caesar!

4 Likes

OK, I like to cook. But I have two comments nevertheless.

Number one) There are many recipes that freeze well, assuming you have a deep freeze (admittedly an unwarranted assumption) make up some when you do feel like doing it and freeze them for the times when you don’t.

Number two) Breakfast is the time when I am cooking for one (my wife and I have different circadian clocks) two from the store “burrito size” tortillas, a hand full of “Kraft or BJ’s shredded Mexican three cheese” between them with a spoon full of Huey Fong Chili Garlic Sauce; microwave 35 seconds, cut into wedges and consume with salsa and/or sour cream and pretend that they are real food.

1 Like

Sam’s is on the way home. Literally.

I came home, took a shower, got in shorts , and had my chicken and potato salad. Now I think it’s time for TV in bed.

7 Likes

I do this a couple times a week, at least. I usually get a 9-oz. package of grilled chicken strips and a couple Caesar salad kits. Half a package of chicken per salad, and call it dinner.

Another easy meal when I don’t feel much like cooking (especially this time of year)- a wild rice soup mix and a pound or so of pulled rotisserie chicken.

1 Like

My schedule changed, so now I’m working until 1AM Eastern. I need to find a good balance between work, eating, and sleeping.

With my stomach issues, I need to be sure I don’t fall asleep right after I eat dinner at 1 in the morning.

1 Like

We sure do seem to talk about food a lot don’t we?

That’s OK though, food is love.

2 Likes

I just came off a 9pm to 7am shift schedule. Now I’m 5am to 2pm. My stomach has no idea what’s going on. And my sleep schedule is like a squirrel in traffic.

3 Likes

Ha! I know exactly what that’s like. When I first started with the company I work for, I was 4:30pm to 1am. When I became a trainer, my schedule changed a little bit to 2pm to 10pm. It stayed there for quite some time as we had a huge hiring wave, so I had facilitated many classes for about 3 months (training was 3 weeks long, all classroom work + 1 week of “nesting”).

When I got promoted to Team Supervisor after that, I was 9am to 6pm. That schedule stayed the same a year and a half later when I was promoted to Team Leader.

It wasn’t until we started laying off leaders due to reduced call volume that I moved to four 10-hour days (still the 9am to 8pm) to help with some gaps in coverage.

Then we let two of our night leaders go, so now I’m 2pm to 1am.

Fun times :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oof, office fun. Our ISP -> VOIP service connection started acting wonky, and looking things up there’s apparently some bigger backbone issue going on (Level 3). We’ve got several people who work remotely, and our poor data guy has to jump through the hoops of ISP “not our problem” and VOIP “cheap, so email service”.

My business cards arrived! Things are getting real :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Why is this topic being closed in 9 days? Is the Lounge not wanted anymore by the mods? I’m not a poster in here, but just curious.

I cover that in the very first post in this thread, Shalorel. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doh!!

That’s what I get for reading from the bottom up lol

3 Likes

It’s a long thread, I don’t blame you. Basically, since threads on these new forums don’t have a cap we want to be able to change things up now and then so we’ve decided to put a random cap on the thread around the 30 day mark. That will allow a new lounge, etc… to be made every month or so and hopefully the random date/time will allow different folks to create the new thread.

This is the first month so we’ll see how well it works. :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s cool. It’s always good to have a place to talk and socialize outside of game stuff. :smile:

1 Like

Goodnight all <3

2 Likes

Stouffers mac & cheese.
The answer to everything in life is Stouffers mac & cheese (and good bourbon).

1 Like

I dunnooooooooo… their lasagna is pretty damn divine. If you have the patience for it.

Rotisserie chicken, box of uncle Ben’s long grain & wild rice (pilaf) mix and 5-6 cups of chicken stock makes a fast & tasty soup.

You forgot the good bourbon :stuck_out_tongue:
My husband loves Stouffers lasagna, I make a dang good lasagna myself but I’m still getting the hang of cooking for 2.

There’s major, major news here regarding a court case. But apparently, if the media report on it, or if we personally share articles from overseas online, there could be legal consequences. It, quite frankly, bites.

1 Like