[CS Lounge] - Welcome to our new home

My Dodge was like that. I haven’t had to change one yet in the Focus. Battery was a pain though. Gods Bless O’Reilly’s .

1 Like

I couldn’t reply to this while people were talking about food, since the smell of food in my workplace has been tormenting me! …Now that I’ve eaten, though, we’re all cool.

So many good games were announced last night… I’m not sure which one I’m excited for most! Probably Hades, though.

It’s pretty crappy out there North of Austin. Making Tomato Soup and Grilled cheese Sandwiches for dinner tonight for me and Dad. I basically holed up for the day.

Blood sugar levels are back to normal again. I guess it was a bad spike I went through.

8 Likes

I try to do that on the first making of a recipe. Unless I see an ingredient that I, or someone else eating, wouldn’t enjoy. I’ll usually try to substitute a similar ingredient.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Hopefully it turns out well and you enjoy it.

1 Like

Sounds like a better time than before, apart from being hold up. The rain’s been really pouring today in the Austin area.

Remember, i cook a lot just for myself mostly now. So I cook mostly by taste and that can change daily.

I miss cooking for a lot.

1 Like

I miss cooking just for myself. Especially when you have a picky eater…

5 Likes

I like garlic. A LOT. And cilantro.

I have a pond behind me , in Florida, and can stand outside at night and not get bit.
:rofl:

You can also drink more while cooking for yourself.

/sip
:beer:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

Garlic powder onion powder season salt and pepper are pretty much my base for most things season wise. My son and I love green onions and mushrooms in things. My wife not so much. She almost always wins haha.

1 Like

I never cook with salts myself. Even the seasoned ones.

Like i said, personal tastes.

I find though that largely ( not whole ) that people who season with seasoned/ flavoured salts have smoked or still do.

But yeah, mushrooms on just about everything. And onions. And garlic…

Fixed that for you… :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Anytime I visit my dad in Florida, I manage to get eaten alive by the no-see-ums. They seem to LOVE my legs, so I’ve learned where not to hang out around his yard.

Up here in the PacNW nearly everyone I know keep Johnny’s Seasoned Salt in the cupboard. I use it more for generic stuff like hamburgers and what not. If I’m making something I want to go in a specific flavor direction I season individually.

Tonight though since it’s just me and the other half it’s leftover night :stuck_out_tongue:

S’been just me and Squiddo for the past two months, so dinner’s been suuuuuuper easy.

Just ask what she wants. :grin:

Tonight was our planned night out, but neither of us knew where we wanted to go. We knew we were stopping at Gamestop first, so I kept pointing out restaurants. Ended up at Five Guys.

Side note: Barq’s Red Cream Soda … I will have to visit that Five Guys more often.

1 Like

Check fbtalolol

1 Like

I confess to using both garlic powder and dehydrated onions sometimes, but the only flavored salt I keep is Goya Adobo Light with Pepper. Usually use that instead of salt to flavor my pasta water.

I don’t use fresh peppers much as they don’t agree with my wife. I use a lot of fresh celery and onion, used to use a lot of fresh garlic and I confess that the dried powdered stuff isn’t the same, but I can’t stand throwing food out and actually had some fresh garlic go bad before I used it all a while back.
On that subject; I no longer keep fresh cream on hand, I keep mascarpone on hand and have worked out substitutions to use that as it keeps so much longer. Cooking for two after cooking for five does take some adaptations.

2 Likes

Don’t smoke here, never even a puff. I use season salt because I use it a lot at work. It is an inexpensive pinch of flavor. When we are on a nasty tight budget you do what you have too.

I got so used to using it there I use it at home now too haha.

1 Like

Tomorrow is the town’s Christmas Parade. My sister’s kids are marching in it along with their father. So far this week has been a bit hectic. Next week is looking the same.

Changing the bulbs in my Fusion involves detaching the nose of the car in order to unbolt and pull the headlight assemblies far enough forward to access the bulbs.

Replacing the battery was pretty straightforward by comparison.