[CS Lounge] - Welcome to our new home

Yeah, I would cut across from Paso to the 5 when I would go to my parents place in Roseville. It’s been almost a decade since I made that run though.

I think the 46 is where they filmed that super bowl commercial for Nissan where the family sang Crazy Train. The hills matched.

1 Like

I think one of the hardest stretches of driving I ever did was through Utah. Flat and barren for hours, and we came through at night. (I had to take over early from my ex because he was starting to doze off and drifted. No way I’m playing passenger like that!)

Yeah the salt flats are very monotonous. I mean very cool history and all. But still.

The road I find ridiculous is I-5 between Pierce and King county in WA State. You can tell the exact moment you cross the county line because it goes from bobbing you all over in Pierce county to smooth as a baby’s bum in King.

1 Like

I-10 through AZ and NM.

And at the time I took that drive, I used to be the type of person that could power through 8-12 hours of driving at once like it was nothing.

Couldn’t even make it to Texas that day.

4 Likes

Connection Issues through Dallas

4 Likes

Trying my hand at making Meatloaf this Sunday. My sister always made it, but it looks like it’s my turn. :slight_smile:

I think some chicken stir fry is on the menu for us tonight

I’m making chicken parm myself.

2 Likes

I’ll be roasting a chicken to start my chicken tortilla soup. :smiley:

4 Likes

Now I’m hungry. I’ll have to see if I can tempt my brother away from his soylent with going out for steaks.

1 Like

I love using a rotisserie chicken as a base for chicken tortilla soup.

2 Likes

I totally read that as Tortolla soup initially: :laughing:

3 Likes

A turtle has made it to the water!
(That was bad of me.)

6 Likes

I will be making something with eggs, seeing as how I have 7.5 dozen eggs to do something with now. We get local eggs (as in 1 mile away from our house) from our nephew and his hens have been very productive as of late.

We are having a gaming potluck this weekend and it has an Italian theme. I’m considering making Eggs in Purgatory - Italian Style ( https://www.wellplated.com/eggs-in-purgatory ).

3 Likes

Lol, meatloaf rates high up there on the “only real index” with Irish Stew, jambalaya, almost any casserole, pot roast, red sauce (Italian), pasta al forno, Macaroni and Cheese, Shepherd’s Pie, lasagna, ossobuco, stuffed cabbage, stuffed peppers, pierogis, Bolognese sauce, viel Parm or eggplant Parm, chicken riggies, … the list goes on and on. One of the things that is only “genuine” with one of the twenty million variations.
So; good luck with that.

And i have a new recipe to try!

Thank you!

You can never have enough Moonkin in your diet.
Egg
Nuggets
Adult
Goblers
Jerk roosters /kick

I’ve done that, but if I have a choice I like to make my own so I can season according to what I’m making… and so I know what is in it.

I normally only like in the form of hummus, but that looks pretty good. I might have to try it.

1 Like

Wife calls me and tells me her headlight is out. No problem I will meet her at physical therapy, pick up her car, get bulb, and change it.

Nope.

Her car has headlights so recessed it is not right up front. Also, the air filter is right there. I cannot fit my meat claws in there and manipulate anything. I had to come to our mechanic and ask them tj change it. Luckily they are cool and are doijng it for free. But still.

1 Like

I have this bad failing that I tweak with a recipe on the first try/reading.

I need to learn to make it following the direction the first time. THEN tweak.

1 Like