[CS Lounge] - Welcome to our new home

I’m currently watching it snow while soloing old raids for fun/mogs/gold.

So pretty outside!
Love the snow. :grinning:

Edit - I’m now seeing that wrench icon on my post that people are talking about now. Apparently I can make this one a wiki post???

Welcome to Trust Level 2. (I’m curious what will happen if people actually use that on posts that aren’t really relevant. Is there some review system?)

Ah, I thought the wiki posts were for TL3 to mark their stuff and TL1-3 can edit them?

Because the MVP guide in GD says the only TL2 perk is more likes.
(Which I’ve totally burned thru once already :smiley: )

I do that a lot. I really like that you can like Blues now.

Edit:
And I see the wrench too.

4 Likes

Oh, interesting. Yet, that wrench (and the [Invite] option that isn’t mentioned at all) both showed up for me with Trust Level 2. Wonder if that needs to be reported as a Website bug.

Someone’s filed one it seems.

2 Likes

Oh Gnome!
My coworker is picking up Smash from the GameStop at work tonight we’re going to play it there. Then my copy comes in tomorrow.
Game Awards tonight don’t have any games I like up for running, so I’m hesitant to watch it for the reveals. I will be prepping for work when it starts anyway.
/eat Alvie

1 Like

My head feels like it is being crushed in a vice right now. Ugh

/watches weather channel

Y’know, I’d like it to snow once while I’m here. I think that’d be neat.

We found a diner-style Denny’s and they had a picture up of the last time it snowed. :smile:

1 Like

Take a trip to Oswego or Watertown New York, you may just lose your desire for any more snow.

If you live in Texas, HEB is doing their annual Feast of Giving. Free Holiday Dinner with Dessert. All you have to do is show up. There is one in Temple tonight, taking my dad and my sisters kids to that.

1 Like

Born and raised in the northeast, hun. I miss snow.

1 Like

How about I send my Minions over with buckets of crushed ice?

1 Like

Me, I like seasons, having moved from Fort Richardson Alaska to fort Benning George at a young age and having had problems adjusting at that time. So yes, some folks do like this weather, though even then more in December than in April.
But snowy winters are much more often appreciated in theory, from nostalgia, and from a distance, than as an extemporaneous experience.

Had a programmer from an OEM in Israel in the lab once.
She commented on how beautiful the snow was on her first day with us.
My team leader, who was originally from Iran, told her that she would be tired of it before she left in two weeks, she disagreed.
On her last day they were predicting more snow, so she skipped coming in and went to the airport at six o’clock AM for a five o’clock PM flite.

Meanwhile an employee from Lebanon and his wife went home for a visit (family wedding) during their second summer here.
She stayed and refused to rejoin him until he found a job where they didn’t have winters like these.
He was able to get a transfer to a job with a branch of the company in the UAE so it worked out ok.

I am hoping for like 15 snowdays here where school is closed. It does not affect me at all, I have a 24/7/365 job. When the weather gets bad, work gives us rooms in the empty rooms and a taxi to pick us up and take us home.

My wife, however, gets paid when school is closed. And I don’t mind her having a few weeks of free vacation if I am being completely honest.

Sorta funny really. Our schools just don’t close for snow. Busses might get cancelled, but the schools all remain open. It would take a massive, city-crippling snow event where the whole city is shut down in order for any of our schools to close. We’re talking more than a foot of snow and continuing squalls to get the board to close the schools.

It’s actually pretty crazy. We’ve only seen that happen once for a single day in the past 10 years.

1 Like

I’ve never seen snow.

Correct me if I am wrong here, this is taking to old guild mates that live in Edmonton. Isn’t it common for you two own two sets of tires for your vehicle? Snow Tires and Regular Tires? Have them switched seasonally?

Also a lot of them had snowmobiles as well haha.

It does not get THAT bad here in the midwest, but if side streets are considered bad enough for the busses, they typically close school. And when that happens, my wife gets a paid day off. And that is a good thing :snowman:

All that said, it is supposed to snow here on Saturday, but that will not affect her at all

Hubs was born in Cali and raised in Florida.

He met a bunch of my family over Christmas for the first time the year we got married.

He took pictures of the snow and kept complaining that it was cold.

:rofl:

1 Like

Yep, Snow tires and Summer tires (“all season”) are very normal up here. I tend to keep a set of off-season tires in my shed for each vehicle. Then I switch them out myself each spring/fall. You even get a break on insurance for having winter tires.

Up here, snow tires make a world of difference!

We can fix that!! But you’d have to put up with our free healthcare and apologizing for things like bumping into another person etc :wink:

3 Likes