[CS Lounge] Summer time sunny days

going back as a 34 year old is weird, I look extremely young for my age.

but the new job is in academia, so feels right to finally finish my undergrad.

and omg, i started posting in here around Wrath. i moved to California to get more involved with the blizzard community. got to meet our blues, and blue alum. :slight_smile:

let me see if i can go by nicknames. belfy is in new york, kitteh is at a new studio doing her best work, bartender moonkin moved back to the city and leads the bar service at a restaurant, butterfrog works in games still, turtle is a teacher, decky professionally catches them all and he still mentors me about industry things on occasion, mothra is in the city of sin, havenā€™t seen bot boy in a bit but i should hit him up soon for a disney day.

sorry for the nicknames and vagueness. <3

9 Likes

4 Likes

The moonkin is the only one I havenā€™t been able to associate a name to, though I do recognize the avatar. Iā€™m so glad for the updates! I do hope the toitleā€™s students are spoiling him with the occasional mango! :smile:
:mango: :turtle:

2 Likes

Yay! I hope the burger was excellent and the company excellent-er.

No idea who they are but this is wonderful. :slight_smile:

They were at all, at various points on the CSF timeline, SFAs.

1 Like

Shelly is aā€¦teacher?1?

1 Like

Harder to steal tips if they give customers other options.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/news/press-releases/2021/02/amazon-pay-617-million-settle-ftc-charges-it-withheld-some-customer-tips-amazon-flex-drivers

In late 2016, the FTC alleges, Amazon shifted from paying drivers the promised rate of $18ā€“25 per hour plus the full amount of customer tips to paying drivers a lower hourly rate, a shift that it did not disclose to drivers. Amazon used the customer tips to make up the difference between the new lower hourly rate and the promised rate. This resulted in driversā€™ being shorted more than $61.7 million in tips.

1 Like

Hehā€¦ Started a Twitch Stream (to collect the mount), andā€¦ promptly got tied up with work and forgot it was running. So, yeah. I definitely got my four hours watched.

3 Likes

I sort of did the same thing the other night. Fell asleep at my desk watching the stream for the drop. I got my 4 hours in multiple things.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the way to do it!

2 Likes

Ended up with a bit of a sore back from sleeping in the chair thoughā€¦

1 Like

My dad does that all the time, I have physically wake him up and get him in bed. Me, the second I feel sleepy, I move to the bed and lights out.

1 Like

I sometimes do it, but every other time, my partner usually carries me to bed. But the other night, he was just extremely tired, and I wasnā€™t planning to sleep, but I did.

I did have the stream in one window, and muted, while I thought to watch some Sky News in another window, so I think I knew what I really fell asleep too :joy:

3 Likes

Happiest of Birthdays Xanlorash

5 Likes

I keep waiting for a cat to reach up and paw at the mouse.

2 Likes

1 Like

I read it right, they put it up wrong.

4 Likes

Well gnomes were always a little different.

7 Likes