[CS Lounge] Summer time sunny days

oh yea, if it’s a mac with an integrated gpu, you’re gonna easily hit GPU limit.

I was responding under the presumption the GPU wasn’t the bottleneck. Technically you could also be power limited too, for slim form factor devices.

Also +1 to memory bottleneck, that’s technically a contributing part of single thread bottleneck.

Damn looks like things took a turn for the worse in jasper.

2 Likes

I think the most tame regression would be shadowlands mission table companion 3d views.

They’re now clipped off the turntable when you want to view them.

Someone 2x’d the rendering dimensions on them by accident.

Could be worse, like some bosses and npcs clipping into the ground because server side collision logic is somewhat broken post-patch.

1 Like

RIP Jasper, it’s a very grim situation. All first responders ordered to leave.

4 Likes

I realy hope this wasnt preventable other wise someone dropped the ball and is gona be paying for this disaster.

2 Likes

They also fully evacuated everyone from Hinton due to the Jasper forest fire situation. Reason being extremely toxic smoke. Anyone that doesn’t have a breathing apparatus is not allowed in the area now.

4 Likes

Jasper park lodge is burning.

2 Likes

It’s a Mac with an RX 580. :o

Exchanging the 580 with a 5700XT boosted the framerate somewhat. Pairing the 580 with either i7-3615QM or i7-8700B didn’t make a standstill difference. This was a bit surprising as the bandwidth was also quadrupled.

Anyway, that was the point I was trying to make – people often push the CPU as THE upgrade, but it plateaus somewhere.

It’s good that they’re able to make that decision, as grim as the fire may be.

Hopefully Jasper cools down.

2 Likes

Neat. I just transferred Dragon Isles Supplies from one character to another on the Currency Tab.

Edit:
Just looked at some other currencies. You can transfer Timewarped Badge, Darkmoon Prize Tickets, Nethershards, Timeless Coins.

2 Likes

thanks for providing context.

i got stuck in a volcanic eruption off island, that was pretty scary with air quality especially since we got hit with a tsunami and earthquakes at the same time. >.< all the empathy

3 Likes

As well as:

• Elemental Overflow
  • Mysterious Fragment
  • Paracausal Flakes
  • Riders of Azeroth Badge
  • Cataloged Research
  • Cosmic Flux
  • Cyphers of the First Ones
  • Grateful Offering
  • Infused Ruby
  • Soul Ash
  • Soul Cinders
  • Honorbound Service Medal
  • Seafarer’s Dubloon
  • War Resources
  • Titan Residium
  • Curious Coin
  • Champion’s Seal
2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qQ3feKIZlQ

1 Like

Both of those will be GPU bottlenecked at 1440p/'4k for sure.

On a GPU bottleneck you can always dial down settings/resolution to compensate. With a poor CPU it’s a struggle regardless.

1 Like

We had some tree trimming done yesterday, including grinding down a bunch of old cedar stumps. The yard looks better, and less overgrown, but the whole area smells great - every so often, a little breeze stirs up and you can smell the cedar.

4 Likes

7 Likes

We are having that done to our maple tree. Only it’s a really annoying squirrel who must be bored. He runs up and down the branches and nips off bits and pieces, and bunches of leaves. I have quite a pile to go out and pick up off the lawn. Stupid squirrel. Get a job if your so bored. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Been feeding the squirrels at my house since I moved in. One has gotten to the point he climbs my back and sits on my shoulder to eat. The others just come up to me now when I come out to sit on my porch steps. I now keep a back of peanuts by the door.

3 Likes

I used to have some birds that would come up every time I was on my porch. I would feed them bread. One would land on my hand to eat.

1 Like

We used to a long time ago. Until we got much more than squirrels. Skunks, racoons, possums, and who knows what else. They started using our deck as their potty. Had to stop.

3 Likes