[CS Lounge] Summer time sunny days

Yeah!

Though it turns out my very last minion is Nat Pagle. I’ve been putting him off for a long time. I really just need to sit down and fish.

1 Like

I need the stupid fire fish.

Here I sit, still waffling about whether to order the TWW CE.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_qVllzvSF8o

Depends on what resolution, and how much you value wow specifically.

If it’s 1440p or below, and you only really play wow, a 7800x3d will likely be a more noticable upgrade than a 4080.

pc rig! definitely hurting for space atm (I keep juggling uninstalls lmao)

I think I’m fine with the 3080 atm – I don’t play intense games and graphics is def at the lower end of priority

The 3080 is a very good card, and is perfectly usable even at 4k (that was the card I used for 4k gaming for about 2 years).

Even Launch Jedi Survivor was playable on that thing.

Problem there is you’re then buying RAM, mobo, and CPU. I can virtually guarantee those components will age worse than the GPU.

In that case, a 4 TB SSD will likely benefit you most. If it’s NVMe you’ll be stuck with QLC NAND, or if SATA you can get that in TLC for better write endurance (QLC is horrible for that, but can be useful for games that have infrequent patches). However, if you just flat want storage galore, a 6, 8, or 10 TB spinning rust hard drive may be your best bet and you can juggle installs via a priority system where games that don’t require fast seek/reads can be run from the HD and games like WoW can be run from your current SSD.

Just as long as it isn’t a Gigabyte card. :wink:

While true, the 10900k is a lot lower on the current CPU hierarchy than the 3080 is on the GPU hierarchy. In wow, unless OP’s playing in 4k (and possibly even then), OP’s going to be CPU bound on their current setup.

Even if OP doesn’t live near a micro center, a 1k budget is enough for a 7800x3d (although it might be a good idea to wait for the 9800x3d in a few months), board and ram, with enough left over for extra SSD space.

Or doesn’t get taken out when the power supply goes.

I have to admit that I am enjoying zooming around on my bee mount. :smiling_imp: :honeybee:

And since I had to pick animal companion (2 pets) I chose good ole Buzzinga my bee pet to tag along.

3 Likes

NGL, seeing all the “steelseries mmo mouse not working anymore” posts today and having the latest and greatest steelseries mmo mouse w/o issues feels like…

I know common wisdom is to pull up the CPU but I wonder where the plateau is.

I basically doubled CPU performance a while back and saw zero standstill framerate improvement (though there were of course other benefits to the platform change).

Single thread IPC is the current bottleneck usually. Having more cores past a certain point doesn’t help much.

For wow, the bottleneck is probably more related to memory latency (how long it takes for the CPU to get the data it’s requesting).

This would explain why the extra L3 cache of the x3d CPUs is such a benefit over others with higher single thread performance.

Sigh … the very last quest (Pole Position Posidriss) that I need to be done with the Whelp Daycare is glitching.

It seems others have had the same issue before.

Even a full UI reset isn’t breaking me out of the loop and every single time I just end up being dumped over the ocean in Waking Shores (when I should be in Hyjal).

Bug report time.

Hopefully whenever this daily pops up again it will work. :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Always a good plan, but we do have it on our list for investigation. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just made one about it.

Also made one last night about teleports or portals deleting my Demonic Healthstones.

1 Like

By that metric, it was still double.

If you’re curious, the numbers are over at Mac Studio 4k benchmarks (or: Is it fast?)

Probably a good indicator of a GPU bind.

You know what doesnt make sense there a apex predator but that doesnt make sense there always spotted lmao sorry but not sorry.