[CS Lounge] Summer time sunny days

Less so on Macs thanks to the unified memory. Even PC mobos are getting RAM updates with CAMM2, which also supports LPDDR5X. But Apple’s unified RAM is definitely not where the bottleneck is unless you consider lack of RAM size a problem (it is when factoring in both professional workloads and the fact part of that RAM is for the IGP).

IGPs are currently the weak spot on all Macs. It’s why you still have to use FSR + lowered render resolution for 4k/5k on even M3 Macs. Moreso if you want >60 FPS.

If you don’t mind injection to spoof framebuffer, the 6900XTs also work to lift the GPU bottleneck on macOS. Though since AMD drivers no longer get updates that’s still a dead end in the long run.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts/comments/1ebymsp/comment/lewpsqi/

The story and the responses are the best things I’ve read this week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love how he got “bashed” for telling the writer that’s not exactly what he meant for the prompt. And how he graciously accepted defeat.

1 Like

Well this is a nice surprise …

4 Likes

It’s nice!

And not really surprising. All those people screaming needed to chill.

1 Like

It is, neat.

1 Like

hey all,

sorry for the sloppy typing in advance. hands real shaky but wanted to update you

I’m i in a hospital in the OPU which is Oregon replacement and I’m waiting for liver transplant I have all the medical stuff I need done they looked at my case and they want to push forward with this sooner rather than later which I can appreciate that also means I’m not doing so well

It was a long road to get here it’s been exhausting both mentally and physically I just got called for my insurance that the transplant is approved so that may have been the last turtle we’ll see anyway wanna take care of other things too although all of it could probably take me taking care of it by the transplant oh we’ll see still not making money but i’m gonna talk to my insurance they said they had options and I’ve been really really good to me way too good I am costing them way too much I

hope everyone is well I hope everyone enjoys their free wow time and once I recover fully all by fully I mean taking daily pills rest of my life I wanted to join in as well alrighty they all take care now be good

14 Likes

Best wishes!

5 Likes

3 Likes

For anyone who likes gratuitous violence, adult humor, 4th wall breaking, easter eggs, and tons of cameos, go see Deadpool and Wolverine. I’m going to see it for a 2nd time tomorrow.

5 Likes

Thanks. Now I’m stuck with the Deadpool butt controller image in my head again.

/trout

3 Likes

They gave out wolverine popcorn buckets where the opening is the mouth and it looks… interesting.

2 Likes

Better then the popcorn bucket lol.

They cost $30 for that. They also have a couple of different cups, and another odd item I didn’t get to see up close. That was at AMC though, and the concession lines were way to long. And yes, they made this popcorn bucket to make fun of their Dune 2 popcorn bucket.

1 Like

Crazy wind gusting like crazy.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s brutal windy an hour south of you as well. And The rain hurts to when it hits you.

1 Like

To quote jason when facing gokdar maximus thats no rain now this is rain brings down a flood of biblical porportions to wipe out the den of villany and scum i mean players in general not even herculese can stop this now mwa ha ha ha ha ha.

2 Likes

I’m at Comic Con, AMC has a booth. :smiley:

9 Likes

Have fun and stay safe!

5 Likes

I almost got heat stroke yesterday, so def resting as much as I can today.

8 Likes