[CS Lounge] Summer time sunny days

I’m actually buying myself a very small fridge (like 2 cans of soda and a snack to put in size) for my desk when I start my new gig so I don’t have to leave my desk so much since I’m on the third floor of my house and the kitchen is on the first

2 Likes

In my case, the coffee machine is actually an espresso bar

3 Likes

When people talk about coffee… :joy:

7 Likes

I love love love that image. How perfect! I am, in fact, just now having my coffee after doing the morning chores/cat feeding.

Today will be OMG insane hot here with temps of around 97F but a heat index of 110F or more. Hiding in the house. I have been doing the D4 season, tons of work on my house, lots of work on the vintage bicycle, etc. Today I am going to try to catch up on WoW news!

I am seriously not even updated on what is about to happen patch wise or anything about the pre-expansion patch. I have read nothing. Rather unusual for me. Today seems like a good day to get caught up.

5 Likes

I woke up this morning to find one of my new solar panels is not generating power. It’s time to call Polaron to get this fixed. With all solar panels generating at maximum, we can generate enough power in one day to run our house for three days. Our municipality doesn’t allow lithium battery arrays, so we had to go with the net metered version in which we sell our unused power back to the power company. It works out in the end though, and should have enough credit on the power bill to pay for most of the winter.

4 Likes

This was a very nice short story – Blizzard did a great job on it. I learned quite a bit more about Sanctuary.

1 Like

I actually found the image on Reddit. I’m not exactly sure though on how to specifically post an image straight from reddit, so I just saved and uploaded to imgur. But all this coffee talk does remind me of this.

1 Like

Underwhelming season finale of the acolyte even the pre credit scene wasnt that worthwhile.

1 Like

Upgraded to win 11 took me 5 min to find the power button anyways good nite all ty for coming to my ted talk.

Yesterday, our son had the absolute pleasure of “Banking” for the first time! We went in to open up his very first bank account.

This is basically how much “fun” he had while there:

Best part, their system was borked so we sat there for 30 mins for them not to be able to open the account! HAHAHA!! Welcome to banking son :wink: Wait until you sign your first mortgage!

7 Likes

They don’t give them little paper bank books anymore do they? Heh.

Went through another clothing bin in my basement. Found my 501s, found my HS Banana Republic animal Tshirts, found a few other favorites as well. The jeans fit although my middle is squishier than it used to be. No crop tops for me (not that I would!).

Lots of other things I had packed away when I was working the corporate life. Tons of memories and lots of things I can wear again!

6 Likes

I remember my first little bank book!! I’d put it in the machine to have it print out my account info…my kids will never understand the struggles we faced!

I love coming across clothes that are new to me again!

5 Likes

Wait there were machines? Mine was all hand written I think, or maybe the teller could stamp dates and stuff? Ah yes. The days of depositing a paper paycheck and handing the teller your bank book.

Pretty sure those bank statements and stuff were in the huge boxes of stuff I took to be shredded in June.

1 Like

The joys of testing WoW on a Beta OS. MacOS 15 beta. Wow runs really well on it other than having to set the refresh rates. That was easy enough though. Though I think the Intel Mac days are over. The M series are incredibly superior.

Q: Is it in the rules trying to keep trying to debate a topic after it been close after topic was closed via post editing?

It is generally a bad idea to circumvent moderation and post closure. It results usually in more moderation and can result in a cooling off period.

2 Likes

Technically, yes. In the Forum Code of Conduct it can fall under Creating Duplicate Threads. Though to be fair that one can get a little fuzzy and we tend to only focus on that if the number of threads starts to get excessive in general, or if an individual is creating multiple threads on the same subject.

We also have just Forum Guidelines, which are listed in the Welcome thread in General Discussion, which covers posting about locked or deleted threads.

4 Likes

Ok i love that i can play my phone games on my computer now.

After a second trip to the bank today, our son is now a bankcard holder!! I think I’m more excited than he is! LOL!

4 Likes

I ventured outside in the heat to get my vintage bike a friend. Also $25 but while the frame is in better shape it needs work on the shifter hub and back brakes. It is only a 3 speed so being stuck in 3rd gear is not actually a problem. It just makes it work like a single speed. Back brakes need to be adjusted though. More videos for me. They are almost identical bikes color and everything. This one is a 1971 I got from an elderly lady who immigrated to the US about that time and rode it for work and fun. She has had it ever since. Also $25.

4 Likes