[CS Lounge] Summer time sunny days

1 Like

hmmm, I’m kinda burnt out on the Superhero genre

3 Likes

I love how people think its ok to use emoji to get around the language filter its still against the rules.

3 Likes

gasp

I have read comics most of my life, and while I have ventured into different areas, at the core it has always been superhero style comics.

I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of the genre. No more than I would Sci-fi or Fantasy. I’ve waited YEARS for the technology to get to a point where it was done well and people to not take the genre as a joke and write silly scripts.

I haven’t loved all of the ones that have come out, some I think could have been better, obviously, but still love them and will continue to do see them.

5 Likes

man i wish i could show the deadpool trailers here have u seen the deadpool ad for the bacherlorette.

1 Like

Now I’ve got to look it up on principle.

Deffinately not apropriate here a little to raunchy.

1 Like

1st movie had the best opening credits of any film since Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

2 Likes

its so bad but it makes sense.

1 Like

I was poking around on Temu (really bad idea if you have money burning a hole in your pocket), and ordered a few things.

I am a gadget junkie. I ordered an usb infinity lamp shaped like a 12 sided dice, a 6" x 5" LCD computer LCD display for showing my computer stats (like fan speed, temp, and other stuff), and three neck cooling doohickys. (Fans that hang around your neck). And two knock off anime statues from Overlord. You should see my computer, looks like a multi colored christmas tree.

I’m kinda cheesed at the moment, as I have to purchase a Blue Ray player for my computer, as VLC does not play Blue Ray natively. I managed to swing a BR copy of Saga of Tanya the Evil Movie from Japan.

You can get it to.

Something to be aware of here: in some other games, players are triggering false positives bans because of defective CPUs (specifically the intel 14900/13900 and variants thereof, other models from the intel 13/14 series can see this happen, albeit less commonly).

CPU hardware errors were causing memory corruption, and the anti-cheat was picking this up, and could tell that something was wrong, but wasn’t sure what, and banning players for some unknown cheat.

AMD, Apple, and older intel CPUs are unaffected.

Can this information be verified, do you have a reliable source? We dont want to spread false information. I saw this posted in another thread and I am not going to take some steamer’s word for it.

2 Likes

Just made another batch of fresh salsa. It seemed like a good thing on a hot summer day. Costco had some nice tomatoes. :tomato:

Just my cherry tomatoes are ripening up right now. I have had 2 of the bigger ones. Already eaten.

7 Likes

The source for this is level1techs, initial reporting here, (mostly focused on identifying that there is a hardware design flaw with the i9s) with the false bans specifically mentioned in the followup here here. Both channels are known to be good sources of PC hardware journalism.

As for the actual issue at mention here: it is unlikely that the errors would result in this, as the usual result from this set of hardware defects is just instability and crashing.

No official comment from Intel as of yet (AFAIK), as it seems Intel is still trying to work out what’s going on and why.

Same!!! Not the salsa part, but the cherry tomato part. My roma’s have set fruit but have not started to ripen. My hot peppers are still small but they bloom later anyway. Beans have baby beans on them now! Cucumbers are flowering.

4 Likes

Rip DR ruth westheimer

8 Likes

RIP Richard Simmons

7 Likes

That is a shame. I grew up watching him on television.

2 Likes

Goodness. Dr. Ruth and Richard Simmons. No more 80’s icons, please.

10 Likes