[CS Lounge] Summer time sunny days

Ill take the heat over the snow.

1 Like

Iā€™m very much the opposite. Cold is fine, I can always add more layers, but taking off things doesnā€™t necessarily make it better in the heat.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s what most of us Texans do. I only go out if I have too.

2 Likes

We hit 104f with the humidex yesterday!

In other news, for those who like to keep apprised of changes:

Guild transfers and faction transfers will be retiring!

2 Likes

Can get you arrested if you go too far.

Put a bowl of ice in front of the fan. Voice of experience

6 Likes

If i had the money id be a snowbird fly south for the winter.

1 Like

It gets real crowded in Florida during the winter. My B-in-law that lived there always said when he retires, heā€™s moving up north and will drive really slow. In the left lane.

4 Likes

HEB has out Watermelon Slice soda, itā€™s quite good.

2 Likes

I usually say that I can always add layers, but once I remove too many of them, people start to object.

6 Likes

Laughs in Arizonianā€¦

1 Like

Do you have humidity out there? I thought it was dry?

See, Iā€™m Mid-Atlantic, born and bred. The humidity over this way can make it feel like itā€™s pushing triple digits even when still in the 80ā€™s, low 90ā€™s.

When I went out to Vegas the first time? It was summertime, so I was dreading the heat part something fierce. But it was like 103 and it was gloriously comfortable, which absolutely boggled the mind.

Thankfully, Iā€™m headed inland for the weekend so hopefully itā€™ll be a few degrees cooler.

2 Likes

I live in Montreal myself, there is no such thing as dry warm summer weatherā€¦ itā€™s miserable :rofl:

The crazies are out in general. I really need to stay away. Gotta keep the post read count up though.

2 Likes

RIP Oddballā€¦
Donald Sutherland passed on today.

4 Likes

It is a dry heatā€¦ but so is my oven. I compare Arizona to being stuck in an oven and places like Florida to being stuck inside a dish washer right after you open it up after a cycle.

5 Likes

I was born and raised in Ohio, after having been out in Arizona for so long I almost die from the heat when I go back every summer to Ohio. Like it is only 80 degrees out, but because of the humidity it feels way worse than any normal 110 degree day out here.

2 Likes

i think youā€™d change your mind if you had the winters we have lol Darth and Rycerz are not too far from me and itā€™s regularly -40C and colder (-40F in freedom units)

I can concede to that. I imagine any extreme is likely to make one wish for the other.

1 Like

very true! although i do agree it is easier to warm up then cool down

1 Like